Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2016 Sightseer 33C

I have a 2016 Sightseer 33C on order from Winnebago. It is built on the 617th 2016 Ford F53 chassis.

A Winnebago sales representative told me that our new coach is completed and would move to transportation this past Friday or this coming Monday. It might arrive this next week.

The sales rep said that it could take up to three days for a driver to be assigned and then another three and a half days to drive it to Washington State.

I'm wondering if delivery drivers are scheduled so that they avoid driving on weekends. If this is so our new coach will arrive the week after next.

When we ordered our new coach I was having back pain and I was not sure if I could manage a long trip. Fortunately, with the help of the VA, I am doing well.

When we made our deal I asked if it was possible for me to pick up our coach at the Winnebago factory. The salesman said that he had never been asked before but after contacting Winnebago he said that I could but there would be an additional fee plus I would still have to pay the transportation fee. Being unsure of my back I decided to have it delivered to our dealer.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
I have a 2016 Sightseer 33C on order from Winnebago. It is built on the 617th 2016 Ford F53 chassis.

A Winnebago sales representative told me that our new coach is completed and would move to transportation this past Friday or this coming Monday. It might arrive this next week.

The sales rep said that it could take up to three days for a driver to be assigned and then another three and a half days to drive it to Washington State.

I'm wondering if delivery drivers are scheduled so that they avoid driving on weekends. If this is so our new coach will arrive the week after next.

When we ordered our new coach I was having back pain and I was not sure if I could manage a long trip. Fortunately, with the help of the VA, I am doing well.

When we made our deal I asked if it was possible for me to pick up our coach at the Winnebago factory. The salesman said that he had never been asked before but after contacting Winnebago he said that I could but there would be an additional fee plus I would still have to pay the transportation fee. Being unsure of my back I decided to have it delivered to our dealer.

Safe travels. JD
It's too late now, but some people will buy the Mh through Lichtsinn RV & Motors located in Forest City about a mile from the Winnebago factory. Then they will drive to Lichtsinn's to pick it up.

Anyway, congrats on the new MH! I'm anxious to see how you like the new 6 speed tranny!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Aauummm,

Yes, I was negotiating with Lichtman as well. My plan was to buy at Lichtman and then drive our old motor home there stopping at a Hillclimber Helicopter Vietnam reunion on the way. Then on to Lichtman to pick up our new coach in time to attend the 2015 GNR. And then stop off at a FMCA National Rally on our way to visit relatives in Virginia.

My back pain was not controlled until I got a steroid spinal injection. I wavered on ordering because of my back and the magic date passed and we could not get a coach in time to attend any of the events. After considerable discussion with my DW we decided to order local. We could get a friend to drive our new coach home if I was not able. Our local dealer had a better price but I believe that Lichtman would have gone lower if I felt like negotiating a little more.

As a part of our deal our local dealer is transferring my Safe-T-Plus and six volt house batteries to our new coach. They are also installing a trac bat, sway bar, and air compressor to power my toad braking system. I did not talk to Lichtman about adding after market gear but I'm sure they would have been comparable. JD
Old 08-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Aauummm,

Yes, I was negotiating with Lichtman as well. My plan was to buy at Lichtman and then drive our old motor home there stopping at a Hillclimber Helicopter Vietnam reunion on the way. Then on to Lichtman to pick up our new coach in time to attend the 2015 GNR. And then stop off at a FMCA National Rally on our way to visit relatives in Virginia.

My back pain was not controlled until I got a steroid spinal injection. I wavered on ordering because of my back and the magic date passed and we could not get a coach in time to attend any of the events. After considerable discussion with my DW we decided to order local. We could get a friend to drive our new coach home if I was not able. Our local dealer had a better price but I believe that Lichtman would have gone lower if I felt like negotiating a little more.

As a part of our deal our local dealer is transferring my Safe-T-Plus and six volt house batteries to our new coach. They are also installing a trac bat, sway bar, and air compressor to power my toad braking system. I did not talk to Lichtman about adding after market gear but I'm sure they would have been comparable. JD
Too bad on the back. You had one heck of a nice trip planned!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

A Winnebago Sales Representative told me this morning that our new coach will arrive at my dealer this Wednesday. As I write this my coach should be about a third of the way to Washington State.

According to the 2016 Ford owners manual a driver should be careful for the first 300 miles till the tires breakin. And for the first 1000 miles do not tow, do not lug the engine, and vary speed.

I'm confident the delivery driver will follow any owners manual instructions for engine breakin on his delivery trip. JD
Old 08-18-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Our salesman called this afternoon to let us know that our new coach has arrived. DW and I will drive the 1.5 hours to the dealer to see our new rig tomorrow.

The dealer has to install our aftermarket items and then prepare for delivery. I'm hoping to pick it up by this weekend. JD
Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Our salesman called this afternoon to let us know that our new coach has arrived. DW and I will drive the 1.5 hours to the dealer to see our new rig tomorrow.

The dealer has to install our aftermarket items and then prepare for delivery. I'm hoping to pick it up by this weekend. JD

Tags
sightseer