Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2018, 06:01 AM   #1
Veteran & RV Owner

2016 Adventurer Dash

I have a 2016 Adventurer 37F with the "Infotainment" GPS/Radio system in the dash.

Problem is the Sirius Sat radio does not work. I suspect there is no Sirius tuner installed, or the one that is there is not working. I bought a new Sirius sat tuner. Now, I have another dilemma....how does one get into the dash to install the tuner behind the "Infotainment" system? I can't see screws to remove. How does the dash come apart?
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
Site Team

That’s just a monitor. The Core Unit runs everything. You’ll find it in the compartment above the passenger dash. It’s easy to remove. There are 4 screws on the front plate.

Be aware there are dozens of wires connected on the back. It’s a rats nest. There was a wiring layout description paper glued to the top of mine after I pulled it out.

Along with the Sat radio not being installed, it could be there just not plugged in.

You should update the SD card as well. You’ll see it in it’s slot on the front of the Core Unit.

You’ll need the Rand McNally Dock software on your computer and a SD card reader.

The unit is a Xite brand device from South Korea, marketed and supported by Riverpark here in the US. It’s installed in half a dozen other RVs by 3 or 4 other manufacturers, too. So you’ll see Newmar and Entegra owners discussing all the issues with the unit.

Go to irv2.com and search Xite or Riverpark.

You’ll need the serial number to register the unit with Rand McNally to access the software and free map updates for life for the SD card updates.

There is a very recent update to the software that makes the GPS work much better.

Mine works well, but some folks hate the way the Rand GPS works but that’s the way all Rand McNally GPSes work, its not unique to the Xite system.

There is a lot of info out there on the web on this unit, and Riverpark is good with telephone support. Not as good with email support.

https://riverparkinc.com/category/pr...xitesolutions/
Old 10-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by armullis View Post
I have a 2016 Adventurer 37F with the "Infotainment" GPS/Radio system in the dash.

Problem is the Sirius Sat radio does not work. I suspect there is no Sirius tuner installed, or the one that is there is not working. I bought a new Sirius sat tuner. Now, I have another dilemma....how does one get into the dash to install the tuner behind the "Infotainment" system? I can't see screws to remove. How does the dash come apart?
My tuner is located in the cabinet in front of the drivers seat,
According to sheet 8 of this diagram (https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ire_184433.pdf) your docking station is located as mine is. Look in the cabinet over the steering wheel and to the left wall. In the later SN it is located in the right hand front cabinet: https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2016/000211553.pdf
Old 10-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
That’s just a monitor. The Core Unit runs everything. You’ll find it in the compartment above the passenger dash. It’s easy to remove. There are 4 screws on the front plate.

Be aware there are dozens of wires connected on the back. It’s a rats nest. There was a wiring layout description paper glued to the top of mine after I pulled it out.

Along with the Sat radio not being installed, it could be there just not plugged in.

You should update the SD card as well. You’ll see it in it’s slot on the front of the Core Unit.

You’ll need the Rand McNally Dock software on your computer and a SD card reader.

The unit is a Xite brand device from South Korea, marketed and supported by Riverpark here in the US. It’s installed in half a dozen other RVs by 3 or 4 other manufacturers, too. So you’ll see Newmar and Entegra owners discussing all the issues with the unit.

Go to irv2.com and search Xite or Riverpark.

You’ll need the serial number to register the unit with Rand McNally to access the software and free map updates for life for the SD card updates.

There is a very recent update to the software that makes the GPS work much better.

Mine works well, but some folks hate the way the Rand GPS works but that’s the way all Rand McNally GPSes work, its not unique to the Xite system.

There is a lot of info out there on the web on this unit, and Riverpark is good with telephone support. Not as good with email support.

In the overhead compartment above the cockpit? I must have missed it as I didn't see it when I looked up there.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by armullis View Post
In the overhead compartment above the cockpit? I must have missed it as I didn't see it when I looked up there.

Is this the overhead cabinet/panel you referenced?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ad-hdmi-bluray-15.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	170441  
Old 10-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #6
Site Team

Actually, on my Adventurer 37F it's right below the cable TV coax on that panel. See the comment above by Rick, he says on earlier RV serial numbers that it is in the cabinet above the Drivers seat.

PS. You're photo wasn't showing so I downloaded it and reattached it to your post. I'm a site moderator here and can do stuff like that here.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #7
Veteran & RV Owner

Ok, so I need to check left and right side cabs. Somewhere up there is a bunch of "relevant" electronics! I just need to find the Sirius Sat tuner and check to see if it is hooked up. If it is and it doesn't work, I have a replacement tuner.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #8
Site Team

It's about 4" tall and 7" wide. It has long air vents all across the front. It has a USB port and on the other side a HDMI port and at the bottom about 3" from the left a slot with the SD card.

It's a small computer. I figured it ran Linux but I've seen others say it runs a basic windows OEM program. I don't know which is correct.

Here's a photo I found. In the photo the person is removing the SD Card:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 2.32.02 PM.png
Views:	149
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	170442  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
Site Team

Here's a video from Winnebago for a slightly different unit on a smaller RV. But the Core unit and the operation basics are the same.

Here's a better photo of the core unit from that video:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 2.41.19 PM.png
Views:	143
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	170443  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #10
Site Team

From what I can gather the unit comes from the factory with SiriusXM. The antenna needs to be plugged in on the back of the core unit. You have to subscribe to the service, obviously. And I did hear from one person that said the small 1" square "antenna" on their roof was covered with dicor at the factory and all they had to do was clear off the dicor.

On my Adventurer it's directly above the drivers side dashboard on the roof in the fiberglass cap. It's postage stamp sized and black plastic.

I learned that my Xite system didn't get the bluetooth microphone installed at the factory. I could pair my phone, and receive calls but no one could hear me talking. I had this corrected under warranty during the first year. I have heard from other folks with the same issue.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

I did the recent software update and I can confirm it's junk. It just takes a little longer to realize it. In my recent trek to Forest City, their fix was to reinstall the software AGAIN, work for 500 miles then the gradual lagging behind of mapping until it's unusable.

1. The mapping will work great for about 500miles then the navigation will slow down until it's over a mile behind.

2. The problem of applications quitting is still present.

3. Some user have gotten a limited version of the OS software to get it to work, but you lose some features.

4. I go so frustrated with it, I bought a garmin GPS.
Walt523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #12
Site Team

We just finished a 2,300 mile trip and used the Riverpark GPS the whole way. Worked great. No issues and the update does seem to make it work a bit faster than previously.

Not sure why others are having issues.

As I mentioned previously, there is a brand new version of the software from the first week of Oct or there abouts. Many have found it helpful for them. For me, it worked before the update just fine. But as I said seems a bit better after the update.

Sorry to hear of your problems Walt523.

I'm not sure how much WBGO knows about the system. Have you called Riverpark Support yet?? Sure wouldn't hurt.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:33 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I learned that my Xite system didn't get the bluetooth microphone installed at the factory. I could pair my phone, and receive calls but no one could hear me talking. I had this corrected under warranty during the first year. I have heard from other folks with the same issue.
Well, that explains the phone Bluetooth not working, mic missing, nice.

Was the update Rand McNally or Riverpark? I have no luck with the Software updates on Riverpark.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:46 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Driver View Post
Was the update Rand McNally or Riverpark? I have no luck with the Software updates on Riverpark.
Rand McNally - Riverpart works with them. All updates come from RND. Also, you'll see a small change in the Dock program on Rand McNally as it gets updated too. Instead of a separate button for a software update and another button for a map update the two are now combined into one update button.

The new update from early October changes the way some map files are handled. Instead of the map files being stored only on the SD card they are now moved into memory on the Xite core unit at start up. That way they are called up quicker by the device. It makes the GPS function faster.

I noticed when I start my Xite system there is a window that opens in the center of the screen and you can see it quickly loading map files. It's on the screen maybe 3 seconds but if you watch you can see the file names being copied.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

I'm not sure how much WBGO knows about the system. Have you called Riverpark Support yet?? Sure wouldn't hurt.

I've been in contact with Riverpark a number of times over the years. They are well aware of the issues. Went from blamming programming problems, then it was mapping software problem, then the unit doesn't have enough hardware to handle, etc.. etc.. Was just getting ready to call them AGAIN as we just got off the road for the year.

Sad park is that when it worked it was great.
Walt523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:36 AM   #16
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Here's a video from Winnebago for a slightly different unit on a smaller RV. But the Core unit and the operation basics are the same.

Here's a better photo of the core unit from that video:
I opened up the panel in the right hand side overhead and did not see this unit. So, I am confused now!
Old 10-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I believe the 37F unit is on the drivers side?
Old 10-31-2018, 10:42 AM   #18
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Driver View Post
I believe the 37F unit is on the drivers side?
I also checked over the drivers side....nothing there but empty cabinet. The only other place it could be is in the dash.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Oh well, good news, there are some 37F owners around here that will come to the rescue!
Old 10-31-2018, 11:21 AM   #20
Site Team

In my 2017 37F it's over the passenger side upper cabinet. I don't know where it could be if it's not there on a 2016 except as someone said it might be in the upper left cabinet.

Perhaps your 37F is equipped with a totally different GPS Entertainment unit??? Can you show us a photo of your dash and the GPS Camera Entertainment Monitor?

Tags
adventurer, dash, vent