Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by navychop View Post
We saw one in Hershey, wife loved it. Best/biggest windows I have ever seen. My deal killer- one storage bay for a 42' coach. Am I the only one that opened the bay doors to look? Besides that, it was a gorgeous coach.
You are right but I think it has the same storage as all the Winnebago 42' tags. Your motorhome probably has more storage than the Winnebago. I should have taken more basement shots and I wish I had taken at least one of each side straight on with all the doors open. I guess I was more interested in the inside which had the biggest difference from the other floor plans.

Outside Storage

Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Didn't get the picture last try.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Looks like that big window does not open. How many opening windows does it have?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Rear radiator would be a deal breaker for us, as I do my own maint.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Why can't you do it on a rear mounted radiator?
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Having a 2012 Tour there are some changes I see on the Grand Tour that look nice. Other things I don't like. The extra awning looks good. They eliminated a complete row of storage cabinets on the driver's side for the larger window. I would rather have the storage. The basement storage looks the same. On mine its almost 200 cubic feet in total.

The new cooktop/fridge combo looks nice as well. I don't like the ceiling treatment in the front lounge. Overall I don't like the décor versus my coach. I think its a bit overdone. There are a few other odds and ends that appear to be subtle but nice improvements.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

I agree. I would rather have function than fufu. Cabinets on both side are nice but the dark cabinets are too dark for me. The light switch system is really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova 42qd View Post
Having a 2012 Tour there are some changes I see on the Grand Tour that look nice. Other things I don't like. The extra awning looks good. They eliminated a complete row of storage cabinets on the driver's side for the larger window. I would rather have the storage. The basement storage looks the same. On mine its almost 200 cubic feet in total.

The new cooktop/fridge combo looks nice as well. I don't like the ceiling treatment in the front lounge. Overall I don't like the décor versus my coach. I think its a bit overdone. There are a few other odds and ends that appear to be subtle but nice improvements.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise

The windows on the ends of the slide with the long window do open and on the opposite side(left) of the motorhome the windows open behind the sofa.

The hallway has an open window, both sides of the headboard have opening windows, and the bathroom window next to the toilet and washer/dryer opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Looks like that big window does not open. How many opening windows does it have?
Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Today I looked at the Tour on the Winnebago site and now see that the 42HD floor plan is shown. It will be interesting to watch the changes and improvements made as the months and years go by.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

We had to add the rear ladder when we purchased our Solei. Was prepped for but not installed.
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

There is less storage in the new ones. More storage in the 2013. In the new ones they relocated the water tanks toward the back/center of the coach to alleviate the weight on the front axle. In moving the tanks to the middle you loose the space on the passengers side in the compartment aft of the large pass thru compartment.
Also looks like they kept the CRAPPY microwave. What a POS. Ours has failed 5 times and had the front doors replace 4 times. The front display will start changing screen and beeping and the controls are useless. You have to unplug it to shut it off. The other day, fortunately we were in the coach, it started changing screens and it turned on the convection oven on its own. I smelt something and looked at it, it had set itself 500 Deg. The controls were locked. I unplugged it. It could have burnt the Coach to the ground. Beware, Be safe.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldviper View Post
There is less storage in the new ones. More storage in the 2013. In the new ones they relocated the water tanks toward the back/center of the coach to alleviate the weight on the front axle. In moving the tanks to the middle you loose the space on the passengers side in the compartment aft of the large pass thru compartment.
Also looks like they kept the CRAPPY microwave. What a POS. Ours has failed 5 times and had the front doors replace 4 times. The front display will start changing screen and beeping and the controls are useless. You have to unplug it to shut it off. The other day, fortunately we were in the coach, it started changing screens and it turned on the convection oven on its own. I smelt something and looked at it, it had set itself 500 Deg. The controls were locked. I unplugged it. It could have burnt the Coach to the ground. Beware, Be safe.
Les
We have had no problems with the Microwave/Convection oven on our 2012 Tour 42QD. It has worked great so far. We are very pleased with it.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Wow. How did it set to 500? I've only been able to find temp control up to 450...I've had a few times where I wanted more temp.

Mine was replace at pdi. It has been fine since.

I just wish I could get better instructions about the preset functions.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Also, I agree about the storage. It was number one reason for buying 13 Tour. I haven't seen any reason to trade. Especially when I get around to replacing all bulbs.
Probably keep forever

Full timing at 49...
Old 12-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #35
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Les
Hi Les;
Thanks for the heads up on the micro wave. Which brand and model are you referring to? I hope ours is not the same but would like to confirm that.

Thanks for the information.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #36
Winnebago Owner

The make of the microwave/convection oven is Whirlpool GH7208XRS, there top of the line model. You are correct tnteacherguy, I checked my notes and it did say 450. sorry for the typo. I have to plug and unplug it several times to get it to start working correctly. Sometimes it will work for a couple of months, then it starts flipping out. Now that I have seen the Convection Oven turn on by itself, I will never leave it plugged in. I am trying to find out if there is a Lemon Law for this unit.

Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #37
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
The make of the microwave/convection oven is Whirlpool GH7208XRS, there top of the line model. You are correct tnteacherguy, I checked my notes and it did say 450. sorry for the typo. I have to plug and unplug it several times to get it to start working correctly. Sometimes it will work for a couple of months, then it starts flipping out. Now that I have seen the Convection Oven turn on by itself, I will never leave it plugged in. I am trying to find out if there is a Lemon Law for this unit.

Les
Thanks Les. Will check out our model when we get back to our unit in Yuma after the Christmas break.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #38
Winnebago Owner

Sorry for the sarcasm on the temperature. 450/500, whatever? Right?

It's my biggest peeve about this unit. I was under the impression (false) that I would be using less temp or less time when I cook because it is a convection oven. In all honesty, because it takes so long to preheat and the interior of the oven is much hotter closer to the heat source, I find myself adding 10-15 degrees to cook in the same amount of time as my old house oven.

I would love to meet someone who was a pro with this unit.

Tags
winnebago