Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Winnebago Brave 27ft

Hi:

This inquiry is directed to the owners of 2015 Winnebago Braves. I am considering a possible trade of an 2013 Aspect for a Brave. However, I would like to get some feedback as to the satisfaction of owners out there who have a 2015 Brave. There are some advantages in my case with increased freshwater/black and waste water capacities. I owned a 2004, 36 foot Journey previous to the Aspect. I love the Aspect, but I must admit that I have had to adapt to changes from one motorhome to another of which I was well aware. I am not wholly satisfied with the dumping of waste and gray water with the Aspect. It is different. One thing that I would like to be able to do a bit more efficiently is to flush the black water tank. With the Journey, I had a connection to flush the tank. Well, simply put, for those who have the 2015 Braves perhaps you can give me a heads up on the pros and cons from your point of view. Thanks in advance.
mycoolbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have an early 2015 Brave 27B and love the floorpkan and inside looks of the RV - traded Forest River Solera 24S (sprinter chasis) for it.
The Winnebage build quality was liusy and dealer a disaster to fix things. The chasis had loose bolts and rattles in the front end and Ford dealer has no clue....
The blackvwater has no flushing connection and I don't worry about that part.
Living in the Brave is nice apart from the build issues that I finally got fixed by a local mechanic. Oonly the chasis - miss the mpg from the Sprinter....
Reiner
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

we got one and the front wheel bearing went out so we got rid of it...

i liked the retro... wife hated it ...

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

https://youtu.be/ZYpQPp2FIpw

Old 11-03-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Old 11-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Old 11-03-2015, 08:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Old 11-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

LVR, you have had so many coaches I have lost track of what is what.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Mycoolbeans,

I purchased a 2015 Winnebago Brave 27B last Feb. I traded a 36 ft Tiffin DP in on it. This is my third Class A motorhome, but my first gasser. Individual likes and needs dictates what MH is right for each of us. The things I miss the most is the air ride, air brakes and rear engine that makes traveling really quiet.
I downsized because of our change in personal needs. I have been pleasantly surprised with how the Brave handles, drives and rides. It's just a little loud going down the road as you are sitting on the engine. You just have to realize when you downsize that everything is smaller. The bed, the shower space, the seats, storage, mpg all are smaller. I had to have a garage sale when we got our new Brave due to not being able to fit into the new MH what I took out of the old one. I now have 10K miles on it and have been very pleased with it's performance except for the mileage. There are discussions on this web site about mileage or lack there of, but bottom line is that I get about 3.5 less mpg on the gasser than I did with the 360 Cummins.
Can't speak about the dealer because I have never used them as I live in SC and bought the Brave in Tucson, Az.
If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me. Good Luck
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, winnebago