Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Vista TV removal

We stayed on the phone for over 45 minuets waiting for tech support from Winnebago on how to remove our living room TV as we cant get sound through tv speakers when watching a movie all sound comes from cab area speakers. So we contacted TV manufacturer and was told to access back of TV and check for proper connections problem is we have no instructions on how to remove TV for this purpose. Even if we wanted to add a sound bar we would have to do this. Any Idea's or has someone had to do this help on this matter would really be appreciated.
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2917 Vista LX. If it's the same you have to remove the trim above the TV. Then with a long Phillips screw driver take out the five screws at the top of the TV. Caution the TV is heavy and better to have two people. Once screws are out TV can be tilted forward and lifted up and out. Many of us have the same sound issue and have not been able to get it to work. Checking all of my wiring and a call to Winnebago was no help. Search (No sound from living room TV when playing DVD.)
Old 06-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Flat screen TVs typically are mounted on a 4 screw metal bracket. This bracket is hung on the mating half that is fastened to a bulkhead, swing bracket, etc. If you look up from the bottom of the bracket, you might find a screw or lever that locks the TV half of the bracket to the wall half so it doesn't bounce off. I've hung and removed a number of TVs with these brackets, there are many styles and methods vary.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbbob15 View Post
I have a 2917 Vista LX. If it's the same you have to remove the trim above the TV. Then with a long Phillips screw driver take out the five screws at the top of the TV. Caution the TV is heavy and better to have two people. Once screws are out TV can be tilted forward and lifted up and out. Many of us have the same sound issue and have not been able to get it to work. Checking all of my wiring and a call to Winnebago was no help. Search (No sound from living room TV when playing DVD.)
Thank you for your input we had already pulled the top trim and noticed the Philips head screws but wasn't sure this was the way to removed hence our call to Winnebago, from your reply apparently you didn't find audio sound coming back from your CD player or you would be able to get the sound through TV speakers while watching a movie ? so now we have to run additional wire and hook up a pair of speakers or sound bar to enjoy surround sound. Isn't this a crazy set up apparently who ever did this lay out never watch a movie on this TV to test his system.
Thanks again for taking the time to help.
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Much easier to just add a new bluray player overhead. I added a hdmi switcher to change between dish and DVD player. Sound always comes from tv. 2016 Vista LX 27N
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have TV and DVD player issues also, there is something terribly wrong with a company that puts a product out with so many problems like I have had on a brand new MH. Since my dealer couldn't get to it in a week I hired a Audio install shop to show me how to get the DVD to work, 'thinking I just couldn't figure out how to use it" but that not it. My tv is not wired up correctly or can be with out running additional cable. The Audio Shop recommended installing an additional dvd player above the tv. Sounds familiar. Just one more thing I need to fix prior to leaving on or Alaska trip tomorrow.
MIDMONDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:02 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
Much easier to just add a new bluray player overhead. I added a hdmi switcher to change between dish and DVD player. Sound always comes from tv. 2016 Vista LX 27N
I did the same. My '17 Vista has a cubby on either side of the tv. The left cubby has an HDMI port. $50 for a bluray player and a few bucks for a cable and the DVD experience is so much better. IIRC, the dash player is hooked up via composite cables.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

WARNING - have a table ready under where the TV comes off the wall to lower the TV down on to. The cables WILL NOT reach to sit the TV all the way down onto the floor. X2 the TV is HEAVY and it has to be lifted up to get it off the "hooks" then away from the wall a little then it is free and will just be top heavy dead weight. DON'T TRY TO DO IT ALONE !

I had the same problem where I could never get the audio output of the in-dash DVD player to work with the TV. The in-dash is a crummy DVD player, anyway. So ...

Get a DVD player with HDMI out jack and put it in the cabinet where a Sat receiver would go, there is already a HDMI cable run to the TV from there. Then you will get BOTH HD picture and good sound. The in-dash DVD is a crummy SD picture.

If you also have a Sat Receiver that is already using the HDMI cable there you can get an inexpensive HDMI A-B switch and use the same HDMI cable for both.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

on the 17 vista lx 27n same as most 5 screws on top, remove screws and lift up,,warning dont try this with out help. I am looking for a blue ray player that mounts vertically so as to mount flat above the tv. Salesman at Best Buy said he could order one in but in the mean time we will use ours from the house, with a tv tray to set it on. And the AC power comes from inside the bathroom cabinet on the otherside of the wall.

Darryl
17vista lx 27n
MIDMONDN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal