Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Vista 36Y Comments?

OK, I may have to downsize this spring from my current rig (a HR Scepter 42 PDQ - our 4th motor home) to something around 26000lbs (due to potential medical and license issues). This probably won't happen until the spring but I always start early and research all the options.

I've just started looking and came across a very clean looking 2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y with about 18K miles.

Any comments pro or con. Any known problems? I am aware of the normal issues (tire age/leaks etc).

Thanks

Chris

edit: PS it comes with a dealer 3 month 5K km warranty and the balance of the Ford power train warranty.
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:00 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

We have been rving for 40+ year and 3 years ago went from a 38' 5th wheel to the 2015 36Y MH. This is our first/last MH. We love it. We were significantly downsizing so that was a bit of a problem, but that is on us.

We have had no problems with it other than the door lock, sometimes we coudn't open the door without some effort. We just installed a new lock and all is fine. Never had a warranty problem, never went back to the dealer(we try not to).

Our biggest problem is the rsidential refrigerator seems small to us. We have adjusted our habits to accomodate. We did take out the sofa and ut in 2 recliners and an end table(plastic thing with file drawer and 2 others drawers.

We also took out the outside TV and swapped the washer/dryer for cabinets in the bathroom. Replaced the range/oven with just a range. Dealer did all this as part of deal.

Other than getting use to a single propane tank and having to monitor it everything else has been fine. Would highly recommend it.

Our previous TV had been a diesel and we find having a gasser works just fine. Took the MH over some 9000-11000' passes and it performed reasonably well.

If you have any questions let me know.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Sue46.
The one we are thinking about also seems to have been modified as it looks like the original sofa has been replaced with a smaller one and a table put in on the end by the kitchen counter. Not a big issue as long as seat belts are still there.

Chris
Old 03-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

36Y

We love ours. It' a 2016 with the 6 speed transmission. I did some suspension upgrades and it drives great. This is our second F53 Based motor home and there is very little we would change.

We also had a trouble with the door latch, but some silicon spray fixed it - works great. We done a number of upgrades - I'd be happy to discuss if you'd like.

Just message me.

Jim, Suzie and Marlee.
jamesdbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdbetts View Post
We love ours. It' a 2016 with the 6 speed transmission. I did some suspension upgrades and it drives great. This is our second F53 Based motor home and there is very little we would change.

We also had a trouble with the door latch, but some silicon spray fixed it - works great. We done a number of upgrades - I'd be happy to discuss if you'd like.

Just message me.

Jim, Suzie and Marlee.
Thanks for the information. Spring is getting closer up here, once the snow is gone I'll be starting the selling process on my current MH.

Chris