Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Bruce: Okay. We are leaving Tuesday for a week in the middle of Utah. Will be off the air.

Will make contact when we return.

By the way, we stayed at Lazydays in Seffner, FL for three weeks while Winnebago upgraded our coach with new slide rollers, rear view camera and a whole bunch of other small stuff. They overnighted everything. The best part, I didn't ask for any of the upgrades. Our assigned tech knew about the changes and did everything over the phone. So, in spite of the three weeks non-planned vacation at LD, all ended well. We drove from LV to Fl and traded for the 2012 and somehow I was suddenly smart for doing that, or maybe just plain dumb luck.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

We had a 2011 meridian 40u we had no problems(except dealler service at camping world)with that coach . So we bought a 2013 ellipse 42qd , now on this coach we had deaaler and winnebago problems we had the front ac leaking condensation into the ceiling starting the second day of ownership (5 trips to camping world(diferent locations)we still had the front ac leaking) The front pasenger slide failed 3 times . We asked winnebago to replace the fro t ac and they would not . We took the coach to lazydays they said they fixed the slide and ac we did not want to take the chance so we traded , fast forward 6 months I saw our coach at lazydays the front pasenger slide was again not working. Winnebago droped the ball o customer service and lippert slides should not be on anything bigger than a bed room slide
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

We had a 2013 Meridian 40u and also had our passenger front slide fail three times. The last time the slide came halfway in, bottom of slide dropped and inside the coach the top hit the ceiling! Finally got the slide in with the help of 7 neighbors, but as much as we liked the coach, we too decided to trade. The Meridian is still at the dealer and they have not been able to fix as yet. I'm afraid Winnebago and Lippert may be hurt by this problem. Was told by Winnebago tech they still don't have a permanent fix. What a shame!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

When I was on the market for a new motorhome earlier this year, I could have bought one with a slide. Reading these posts and others make me feel glad I didn't. I tend to look at such things as "just another part to go out."

Tags
slide