Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Tour jacks lose extension while camped

We put jacks down and then the slide outs. Over two to three weeks then right front is gradually going down slightly. Over about 1 month it gets very noticeable and we have to put slide-outs in and then store jacks and then put them down again. I have checked fluid levels and it is full. No liquid loss at jack. This jack was replaced about 18 months ago. Any ideas?
Old 03-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don't know what brand of leveling system you have but if it is hwh your problem is most likely a slightly defective solinoid valve for that one jack. If you have the hwh leveling system you can give them a call in Moscow IA, but they are extremely understaffed and it may be a few days before they can have a technician call you back. I have replaced or rebuilt several of the solinoids on my hwh slide out and and leveling system
Old 03-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have a similar issue on my 2013 Meridian with LCI levelers, only my right front drifts down after retracted, causing the alarm to sound if driving. One thing I need to check is to make sure the manual valves for the jacks (up at the pump) are closed tight. I heard on another thread if it is cracked open fluid bypasses over time.
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
X2 on a weak solonoid.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Use a turkey baster. Stick it in the tank and stir a little then suck up some fluid. Using a paper towel squeeze the fluid onto the paper towel and let it seep through. See if there are any contaminants such as sand or rust.

If one piece of sediment gets to the seal on a jack it can cause that slow drop. You may also on occasion see fluid on the top side of the jack foot.

As stated, bad solenoid or manual set screw open a little can also cause the problem.

For the alarm sounding when going down the road I put in a toggle switch on my previous Winni to shut off power to the control board once the jacks were up.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Use a turkey baster. Stick it in the tank and stir a little then suck up some fluid. Using a paper towel squeeze the fluid onto the paper towel and let it seep through. See if there are any contaminants such as sand or rust.

If one piece of sediment gets to the seal on a jack it can cause that slow drop. You may also on occasion see fluid on the top side of the jack foot.

As stated, bad solenoid or manual set screw open a little can also cause the problem.

For the alarm sounding when going down the road I put in a toggle switch on my previous Winni to shut off power to the control board once the jacks were up.
Where is the motor and set screw? Still trying to locate. Read about set screw in directions.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

In case you haven't explored the site your best source for finding something like your leveling manifold is to go to the Winnebago Web site > Resoures > scroll down to Product resources, scroll down some more to Manuals and diagrams and click on Parts catalog-motorized. From there enter you coach info and select the parts catagory that you want. Diagrams of the coach and part numbers are listed.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

We were on the road, reason for delay in replying.

Look under the step, second one I think. There will be a half inch nut. Remove it and the step will lift up and you will have access to the hydraulic tank, etc.

Here is a link to the 2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD

If you have the Info Case there should be instructions in it.

p.s., just found this Lippert Manual page 18.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks