Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2015 Journey 36M, seperation of interior wall

Hello Folks,
Happy New Year to everyone. We just got back from a trip to FL, and heard a strange creaking noise. The wife thought it was coming from the wall that forms our hallway and bathroom. When I parked the bus I took a look and found that there appeared to be slight separation at the outside corner where the corner molding resides. (I will try to provide pics later when I can get to the bus)
Anyway, we have had her just over a year, so the warranty is gone. Can anyone suggest whether contacting Winnebago is advisable, and if so with whom should I speak?

Regards,

Ken
KJMac69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMac69 View Post
Hello Folks,
Happy New Year to everyone. We just got back from a trip to FL, and heard a strange creaking noise. The wife thought it was coming from the wall that forms our hallway and bathroom. When I parked the bus I took a look and found that there appeared to be slight separation at the outside corner where the corner molding resides. (I will try to provide pics later when I can get to the bus)
Anyway, we have had her just over a year, so the warranty is gone. Can anyone suggest whether contacting Winnebago is advisable, and if so with whom should I speak?

Regards,

Ken
Hi Ken. Happy New Year to you.

Giving Winnebago a call will not do any harm, for certain. I am hoping that the new CEO is addressing the recent decline of quality control and customer support. Let us know how things go for you.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 01-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Contacting Winnebago is always reasonable. I found the most success with emails to Owner Relations at [email protected] including the coach s/n, pictures, and a detailed explanation of the problem.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I meant to respond earlier with a word of thanks for the folks that responded. I did email Winnebago Customer service, thanks for the email! I received a call back from a Tom Pilgrim. I think he was a bit put off by my tone in the email, however I had to be honest with our disappointment in the quality issues plaguing us at the moment.
Tom did take some time to understand the issues. He was a bit surprised (as was I) that the certified service center manager did not contact them ahead of time with our issues. He took it under his wing and called the service tech to review the issues with our wall and other items. Tom did get approval for Winnebago to cover the issue under a "good will" warrantee, for which I was thankful. I think that may have saved me almost 4k.
The tech has since called back with some sort of a water leak coming in from the slide topper area. It took another call on my part to get Customer service in on the call. I will report back once we see if Winnebago will also cover this issue. My hope is that we now have the few major issues taken care of, and can get back to enjoying our rig! Thanks again for the guidance and help folks, it's why I keep coming back to this form when we need direction!

Regards,

Ken
KJMac69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMac69 View Post
I meant to respond earlier with a word of thanks for the folks that responded. I did email Winnebago Customer service, thanks for the email! I received a call back from a Tom Pilgrim. I think he was a bit put off by my tone in the email, however I had to be honest with our disappointment in the quality issues plaguing us at the moment.
Tom did take some time to understand the issues. He was a bit surprised (as was I) that the certified service center manager did not contact them ahead of time with our issues. He took it under his wing and called the service tech to review the issues with our wall and other items. Tom did get approval for Winnebago to cover the issue under a "good will" warrantee, for which I was thankful. I think that may have saved me almost 4k.
The tech has since called back with some sort of a water leak coming in from the slide topper area. It took another call on my part to get Customer service in on the call. I will report back once we see if Winnebago will also cover this issue. My hope is that we now have the few major issues taken care of, and can get back to enjoying our rig! Thanks again for the guidance and help folks, it's why I keep coming back to this form when we need direction!

Regards,

Ken
Thanks for the update, Ken. I hope that this is a sign that Winnebago customer service is returning to its old ways. When at last year's GNR there were many of us who found the total experience with the customer service department very unpleasant. I think I can safely say for all following this thread, we are looking forward to the final resolve report.

Rick Y
Old 02-23-2017, 05:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thanks for the update, Ken. I hope that this is a sign that Winnebago customer service is returning to its old ways. When at last year's GNR there were many of us who found the total experience with the customer service department very unpleasant. I think I can safely say for all following this thread, we are looking forward to the final resolve report.

Rick Y
Curious in what way was the customer service experience unpleasant? I was recently at the new Winnebago/Country Coach facility in Oregon and had service done on my CC. Since Winnebago bought that facility they are now servicing both CC and Winnebago coaches. The Winnebago owners I spoke to while there seemed very pleased with the service.

It is my understanding most of their service techs and the folks they hired who are now building Winnebago Grand Tours at that facility were former CC employees. I know everyone I spoke to while there was very happy to have a new owner (and jobs) and seemed hopeful for their future. I spoke to a fellow working at a NAPA store in Junction City who was a former CC builder who told me he had applied for a job with Winnebago. He was waiting for them to increase production for more hiring. He told me he loved building those wonderful County Coaches and was anxious to have a job building coaches again. I suspect that attitude combined with the collective skill of the former CC techs and builders will make for a better service experience. Also, one has to wonder if the build quality of those coaches made in Oregon will be better than those made in Forest City....due to the lower volume (at least for now) and the skill/work ethic of those folks who used to build Country Coaches.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Also, one has to wonder if the build quality of those coaches made in Oregon will be better than those made in Forest City....due to the lower volume (at least for now) and the skill/work ethic of those folks who used to build Country Coaches.
That is precisely what I've been saying in numerous threads for a little while now. I have high hopes for them in Oregon, I think quality will increase on an already fine coach. Plus by moving diesel to Oregon they've taken a lot of stress off Forest City. There are only so many people in North Iowa and Southern Minnesota to handle the need. It's quite a powerhouse.

I believe the quality will increase or be easier to maintain at "Big Bertha" in Forest City as well because of this. Just less stress on the people and system.

W.D.

2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511, Good Sam, Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Curious in what way was the customer service experience unpleasant? I was recently at the new Winnebago/Country Coach facility in Oregon and had service done on my CC. Since Winnebago bought that facility they are now servicing both CC and Winnebago coaches. The Winnebago owners I spoke to while there seemed very pleased with the service.

It is my understanding most of their service techs and the folks they hired who are now building Winnebago Grand Tours at that facility were former CC employees. I know everyone I spoke to while there was very happy to have a new owner (and jobs) and seemed hopeful for their future. I spoke to a fellow working at a NAPA store in Junction City who was a former CC builder who told me he had applied for a job with Winnebago. He was waiting for them to increase production for more hiring. He told me he loved building those wonderful County Coaches and was anxious to have a job building coaches again. I suspect that attitude combined with the collective skill of the former CC techs and builders will make for a better service experience. Also, one has to wonder if the build quality of those coaches made in Oregon will be better than those made in Forest City....due to the lower volume (at least for now) and the skill/work ethic of those folks who used to build Country Coaches.
smlranger, you have enough time on this forum to know that we Winnebago owners have had major QC issues out of Forest City builds since the big RV industry crash of ~2008/9. In July we went to the GNR. On the way a slide rail failed. Getting the correct job done to fix it and another, much more minor problem, correctly done was a dog and pony show. We were there for almost a month, including the rally. The slide repair is still a problem I discovered recently. The rails were never synchronized after the repair. I am having problems doing this now because the wires to the control panel, where the sync controls are located in the back, are so tight I can't get the panel out far enough to access. Many folks I was in line with at FC had many issues with the service. In earlier years I always wanted major repairs to be done at FC. After the last two experiences I am now a bit gun shy. I am glad that CC has come back to life. I will try that facility when I get back to Oregon. Your comments on this are accurate in my opinion.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 02-26-2017, 06:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Hi Ken. Happy New Year to you.

Giving Winnebago a call will not do any harm, for certain. I am hoping that the new CEO is addressing the recent decline of quality control and customer support. Let us know how things go for you.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

CEO email is [email protected]
bartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:01 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartts View Post
CEO email is [email protected]
Thanks for the suggestion. I will follow through on it.

Tags
interior, journey