Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Water heater

Area rep thinks the gas/electric water heater installs started at the end of Aug.
Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

HELP! 2014 Forza 38R XMRadio antenna routing

Yesterday at 70 mph a bird hit us above driver side of the windshield. Loud bird strike...... At this time I lost my xmradio with the message "Check Antenna" on the display. The bird did not move the antenna but it appears he/she hit the cable hard enough to break a small wire inside the sheathing. I got a replacement antenna at a radio store in KS.
Does anyone know the routing PATH for the antenna wire from the roof to the XM tuner? Also how much of the dash has to be removed to get at the XM Tuner to plug in the antenna?
Hagenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Hagenl, the link below is to your front wiring drawings look at sheet 7.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_185576.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

2014 Forza 38R XMRadio Antenna issue

Enroute to Albuquerque I call La Mesa RV to see if they would install the replacement XM Radio antenna. The Service Manager, Dave, told me they didn't do any antenna work. They use Skyy TV and he gave me the number and the contact name of Frederick. I contacted him and he said to come right in as soon as I got to Albuquerque. This guy knows his stuff on motor home radios and wiring! Long story short he had me done in a little over an hour. If you're in the Albuquerque area and need any satellite or XM Radio work call him at 505-730-0795
Hagenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Glad you got it fixed quick and easy.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:07 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Area rep thinks the gas/electric water heater installs started at the end of Aug.
We ordered a new 34t Forza a few weeks ago and it was ordered with the gas/electric water heater. They had one on the lot and the salesman was not even aware that it was just a gas water heater. That was the deal breaker for us. That's when he said he would order one
BBSTM8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

More questions about the bay door latches

I am talking with a dealer now about a coach that is still being assembled at the factory. I asked him to confirm certain items such as the auto gen start and the water heater, and the bay door latches.

What he was told by the factory rep is that the current model has "paddle latches that are vertically mounted with a tumbler on each latch."

I don't have a 34T in my neighborhood to go look at, but I do remember that the latches on the used 2014 were different than a very fresh and new 2015 that were on the dealer lot. The new one had the tumbler in the latch and the old one did not. I simply can't remember which was horizontal and which was vertical. Hindsight, I should have taken pictures.

I am assuming that if they are building the coach right now, then it has to be the latest and greatest version of door latches so it's not something to worry about.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this. I'm really appreciative of all of the information I have read on the irv2 forums so far.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

RVLola, get the Winnebago serial number from the dealer and you can look up the parts catalog for that unit and see exactly what parts are used.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

2015 Forza info

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
RVLola, get the Winnebago serial number from the dealer and you can look up the parts catalog for that unit and see exactly what parts are used.
Although I was not able to look at the parts catalog (I think my computer cannot handle it) I learned that there is a difference between the 2 different versions that have been built so far in the 2015 coaches. If you look at the serial number you will see either a T1 or a T2 in the middle - the T2 being the later version with the upgrades discussed in this thread.

We had agreed to purchase one after seeing a T2 on the lot, but the one on the lot was too recently acquired so for a better price we could get one from another location. We were told that the only difference was the number of days on the lot. When it came in, we learned that it was a T1, not a T2. So we cancelled the deal, got our deposit back, and then, miraculously, they found another one for us for just a few dollars more that is a T2.

We are taking delivery next Friday, and are really excited about our new coach. Many thanks to this forum and other resources to help us make the decision.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the general information on the Forza. I didn't see an answer on the question about whether or not the generator would autostart if the air conditioner is needed?
Old 02-27-2015, 09:30 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

The part number for Generator Control Module on the 2015 model is the same as mine which does autostart if the A/C is needed.