Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2015 Brave drivers

Hey, you 2015 Brave/Tribute drivers out there. What's it like?
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

What model specifically?
We have tje 27B and still love it after 7000 miles. Our major issues where chasis related - shock, steering. Now it is almost fized it drives nicely.
The regular QA problems for Winnebago and cheaping out in some instances like no electric water heater...
The floorplan is fantastic for the 2 of us with a dog.
Reiner
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinerka View Post
What model specifically?
We have tje 27B and still love it after 7000 miles. Our major issues where chasis related - shock, steering. Now it is almost fized it drives nicely.
The regular QA problems for Winnebago and cheaping out in some instances like no electric water heater...
The floorplan is fantastic for the 2 of us with a dog.
Reiner
I just bought a new 2015 Brave 27B. I can't wait to pick it up next week. It's our first class A ... any advice?
azkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

purchase the Tribute 27B last week, love the coach, especially for 2. Only thing I have noticed is some shaking of steering wheel between 65-70 mph. Going next week to have the alignment and balance looked at. Otherwise, was a great choice for us.
rgillum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkunk View Post
I just bought a new 2015 Brave 27B. I can't wait to pick it up next week. It's our first class A ... any advice?
Drive it to see if there are any issues like the steering. Ours was really bad and took a while to fix.

Otherwise you mifht see the normal issues with build quality and fit and finish which any new RV has nowadays.

Happy camping.

Reiner
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

2015 Brave - feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
Hey, you 2015 Brave/Tribute drivers out there. What's it like?
We purchased the 2015 Brave 26A. All in all not a lot of build issues related to quality. It came from another CW dealership in FL and was missing the round table that you can insert behind the driver's area. Order and replaced. The major difference between the 26A and 27B is that the 26A is on a 20 inch shorter wheelbase (158). Ford does not use their heavy duty track bar on the 16K chassis (its optional). I have upgraded the shocks and added upgraded front and rear stabilizers and the TruCenter system. Could have gone cheaper but when the grandkids are in the coach I don't want to play woulda, coulda, shoulda.

As for quality, (not a 27B issue) I am really disappointed in the design of the fold down section that converts the bed from a twin (bunk) to a queen. It involves a leg that folds out to support the 4th corner. The leg is wooden and is attached to the fold out with a bracket with short screws. It slips and is a candidate for fold under. I have placed a non-skid cap to the leg to lesson sway, but it's only a matter of time before the bracket comes loose. It will be interesting to see if WB comes up with a better design. We like the flexibility idea but it almost appears that the leg design was an afterthought.
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Down sized from 36 diesel pusher to the Brave 27 B. Traded in Arizona and just drove it back to South Carolina. Was pleasantly surprised how well it drove and handled. This RV is just what we needed. I only wish that the shower was bigger. Looking for ways to expand it.
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinerka View Post
Drive it to see if there are any issues like the steering. Ours was really bad and took a while to fix.

Otherwise you mifht see the normal issues with build quality and fit and finish which any new RV has nowadays.

Happy camping.

Reiner
Thanks
Old 04-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I have a question. I don't pick up the MH until Thursday. Today we went to the RV show to check it out because we are so excited. I could not find any exterior electrical outlets on the passenger side to plug in outdoor things like lights. Are there outlets and I just didn't see them?
Old 04-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

According to the manual, "An exterior outlet is also located on the outside of the coach near the entrance door or in a storage compartment on on the passenger side of the coach". On the 26A it is inside a storage compartment (the 2nd one from the rear) on the passenger side. There is also a connection for an outside TV.
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Is there a hole in the floor like there is for the 30amp hook up or do you need to leave the storage compartment open to plug in awning lights?
Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Yes,

there is a hole to push your extension cord through. There is also a place to hook up an outdoor tv as well in that same outdoor compartment.
rgillum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgillum View Post
Yes,

there is a hole to push your extension cord through. There is also a place to hook up an outdoor tv as well in that same outdoor compartment.
I didn't realize that there was an area for an outdoor tv. Cool. Thanks for the info

Tags
brave, driver