Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2015 Adventurer 38Q Washer/Dryer Installation

Looking for folks who own a newer (13/14/15) Winnie that did not buy the washer/dryer option. I was told by my dealer that my rig is prepped for the machines if I elect to put them in. This was supposed to mean that all the electrical, water, and drainage is supposed to be installed.

On about our second outing, we started smelling sewer through the coach. A little investigation showed that the water drain line which runs behind my wardrobe was never installed and I had an open elbow coming out of the top of the Black tank.

My dealer is telling me that unless I purchased the coach with the optional washer/dryer, no prep was installed. I contacted WinnebagoIND direct and was told the drawings for my serial number coach show all plumbing, water,and electric are supposed to be installed.

I am looking for a member out there who did not purchase the washer/dryer option to check and see what they have installed in their coach. The easiest way to check is to remove the drawers under the wardrobe and look against the back wall for a black 3 inch PVC line. Mine does not have the line. It only has an open elbow coming up which can be seen behind the drawers. My assumption is if you have the line, then you probably have the rest of the prep kit installed.

I have since capped my open elbow to keep out the odors and will continue to pursue this through my dealer and WinnebagoIND
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

2015 Adventurer 38Q Washer/Dryer Installation

Does anyone with same/similar coach have the Washer/Dryer Prep in their coach? I bought mine and was told that the washer dryer option did not come in it but it was prepped for the package if I opt to install the machines later. Prep meant all water, power, and sewer is installed.

I started to smell sewer odor and after investigating, I found an open elbow coming out of the black tank behind the drawers under the bedroom wardrobe.

I capped it in the mean time while I investigate just what I have or don't have. The dealer tells me it would only be there if the optional washer/dryer were installed. Winnebago IND told me that the drawings for my serial numbered coach shows all installed except the machines.

Looking for someone who has the same/similar coach that wants to look behind their wardrobe drawers and see what they have installed. Needs to be one of the members who do not have the washer dryer installed option.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have the W/D prep in the rear driver side. All plumbing and electrical are there, just no machines. We have a nice cabinet that the wife uses for linens instead of a W/D. Our drain is capped off.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Out of curiosty,how easily is getting the washer&dryer in and out of a 38Q?
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger I don't think the Winnebago person looked at the drawing very well. I when back an looked again and they show the drain capped at the end of the horizontal pipe going to the rear and the hot and cold water pipes capped and laying on the floor.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Dfreiberger I don't think the Winnebago person looked at the drawing very well. I when back an looked again and they show the drain capped at the end of the horizontal pipe going to the rear and the hot and cold water pipes capped and laying on the floor.
Is there a chance you can upload the drawing you are looking at?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger, here is the link to the plumping drawing set and 2 pages from that set.
21M Washer/Dryer Prep
21S Washer & Dryer-Pair
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...j38q_plumb.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38 washer drain 10.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	102332   Click image for larger version

Name:	38 washer drain 11.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	102333  

Old 08-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2015 38Q without the washer option. There is no sewer smell in the bedroom. A month ago I tried (!) to remove the back panel in the washer compartment. Impossible. The top shelf locks it in place.

This morning I removed the top rear drawer to take a look. Water and drain pipes are visible, as are two electric outlets. However the drain pipe continues into the washer compartment and I cannot see the end of the pipe. Given the lack of sewer odor I assume that it is capped.
arneinfloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by arneinfloria View Post
I have a 2015 38Q without the washer option. There is no sewer smell in the bedroom. A month ago I tried (!) to remove the back panel in the washer compartment. Impossible. The top shelf locks it in place.

This morning I removed the top rear drawer to take a look. Water and drain pipes are visible, as are two electric outlets. However the drain pipe continues into the washer compartment and I cannot see the end of the pipe. Given the lack of sewer odor I assume that it is capped.
So, when I removed the drawers under the wardrobe, I could see the drain line elbow that goes into the black tank. It was not capped. I could not find anything else in that area. So, I assume if the washer and dryer were installed, then the closet back wall would be removed to gain access for the water, power, and drain to hook the washer to.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:45 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Dfreiberger, here is the link to the plumping drawing set and 2 pages from that set.
21M Washer/Dryer Prep
21S Washer & Dryer-Pair
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...j38q_plumb.pdf
I have those drawings as well. If the 21M represents the extent of the Prep, then DB is where the line is supposed to be capped? The drain line on mine is not installed at all. I have an open elbow coming off the top of the black tank with no other lines installed.

What is confusing is the other members who say they have a Prep and they see everything installed (water, power, drain)
Old 08-09-2015, 05:48 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

38Q Washer/Dryer Prep

Does anyone know how to remove the back wall of the closet to see what is physically behind it? All I see is a shelf toward the top and a panel with rubber molding around the edge. I don't want to pry on the wall if there is a secret to what holds it in.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:09 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I have the E6 Elbow coming up out of the black tank and no horizontal line running rearward towards the W/D compartment. where 21M says it should terminate. The strange thing is Winnebago says they can pull up my coach by serial number which is supposed to reflect the exact configuration of the coach and ALL is supposed to be installed except the machines. Interesting how we seem to have various configurations.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:12 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
I have the W/D prep in the rear driver side. All plumbing and electrical are there, just no machines. We have a nice cabinet that the wife uses for linens instead of a W/D. Our drain is capped off.
You have quite a bit different coach from mine so a little hard to compare to. I can relate on the linen/broom/all other closet though. Thanks
Old 08-09-2015, 06:17 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by arneinfloria View Post

Is this something you could take pics of and upload? I am really interested in what you have installed and what it looks like. I am trying to understand where the two electrical outlets are located.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:22 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

The two outlets are on the wall right behind the rear top drawer. They are not powered by the inverter.

If you remove all the screws and the shelf supports you will be able to lift the rear panel so you can see what is behind it. I did that so I could install a power outlet on the panel wall. It gets its power from one of the outlets cited above.

Could it be that the 2 ½ inch drain pipe was attached to the elbow at one time, but was shaken loose while you wee driving? This happened to our kitchen sink drain pipe.
Old 08-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Dfreiberger, here are couple of 3D drawings and the part number for the horizontal pipe. Look in your service parts list and see if it shows up.
010195-01-000 FT PIPE-ABS,1 1/2"ID X 120"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38Q washer dryer water.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	102657   Click image for larger version

Name:	38Q washer dryer drain.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	102658  

Old 08-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I finally was able to find the water lines and power outlets behind the two most rear drawers. I still was unable to get behind the washer/dryer closet to see if the drain line is installed.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

If there in no drain pipe attached to the elbow, then there surely is no drain pipe behind the false wall.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:53 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

I agree; no drain pipes. I took a mirror and looked behind the wardrobe since the back wall is not very easy to pull and did not see any drain lines. My local dealer has agreed to install the drain plumbing. Persistence

Tags
install, vent