Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2014 Winnebago 34T Forza

Looking for comments/opinions on the new 34T Forza. Looks like a very nice alternative to yhe Tiffin 32.
johngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Talking 34T

John,

The wife and I just bought the same rig. Taking a trip with the kids to see Mickey in April.
We previously had a Fleetwood 33 and picked up our Winni Monday 40 miles from the house but somehow it was 200 miles going home with the new ride.
Been watching for the same info. as you and can't wait for more responses!

Lovin' life as of now! Bill
wbryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That is one nice rig, I saw it at the Tucson RV show and it really stood out. Nice design, great mid-entry, good galley, if I was in the market for a smaller DP this would be on my very short list.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I haven't seen one in the flesh, but have seen photos. I thought their solution to a dinette table was pretty clever. It makes the living room into a temporary dining area, then folds and rolls back into a special cabinet.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Very nice. I took a look at the brochure from the Winnebago website. Very nice floorplan. Living room TV is in a pretty good spot, viewable from a lot of the seating. Nice storage. Well appointed cockpit. The short wheelbase should make it easy to maneuver in tight spaces. Innovative dining table.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

John:

Was scanning some old posts looking for info on another issue and saw your post. As my signature reflects, we have the Itasca Solei 34T, which is identical I think to the Forza. We've had some quality control issues that so far (except for the leaking windshield) have been corrected. The floorplan is laid out quite well which makes for a comfortable living space. DW would like just bit more counter space when cooking inside, but had been able to adapt.

We full-time and when we were doing our walk-thru DW noticed that there was only a gas operated hot water heater. We told the dealer that this was not going to work and they offered to swap it out with an electric/gas water heater. They split the costs of the parts/labor because it wasn't their fault. My gripe with Winnebago/Itasca is that piece of information might have been useful to know up front when considering the unit as a full-time coach. We've had other RVs before and they all had an electric/propane type water heater and we just assumed that this one would also when we started researching it and then saw it at the RV show. It's all good now and hopefully when we get this latest leak fixed, we'll be able to enjoy our coach for a while.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Hey Gunny, are you having any trouble with the Rv’s steering? We just bought the FORZA and the thing road walks and you can feel the road through the steering wheel. Oh and forget about driving it on a windy day.

David
davidd1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

David:

Sorry, I had to look up the term 'road walk'. This is my first DP motorhome so unfortunately I'm not that savvy on some of the terms. We drove ours down from KCMO to Dallas TX through Oklahoma and just returned to MO this week. I can't say that the coach was road walking, but that may be more a case of my not having enough experience with driving one. I will agree with you on the driving it in the wind, one gust in Oklahoma blew me from the right lane of the interstate half way onto the shoulder. Thankfully nothing happened and was able to get the ship righted. I have driven trucks with fifth wheels and never have I been blown around like in this thing. So now, we check the forecast for wind speed before taking off.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

is the steering ok on your Forza

david
davidd1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We just purchased a new Solei, and after driving my Winnebago Access ClassC for the past four years ,this Solei seems much easier to drive. That said I have no prior experience with Class As. I have the shorter version 34T. Perhaps I'll change my tune after the next windy day.
Finfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

One new question regarding the Solei, do you have reasonable water pressure? It goes back to the called today to check for issues related to water pressure.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I have a question regarding the water heater. Is it electric/propane or propane only? If propane only, is the combo an option?

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Based on all the info I have found, water heater is gas-only. The Forza 38R we are getting next week is gas-only. I will be adding a Hott-Rod conversion. Personally, I can't believe WGO does not offer gas/electric as standard on a coach at this price point. It does not appear to be an option either (at least on the 2014's) even though there is a mention of electric water heater in the online owners manual and the online wiring diagrams.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Our Solei is gas only but the owners manual discusses gas/electric, gas, or continuous. I'm guessing they come standard with gas only, which surprised me as well but the options are in the owners manual so perhaps you can add those options.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:42 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

While going through our walk-through luckily DW took note that the water heater was gas only. We told our dealer that this wasn't going to work and to forget the deal. The dealer offered to swap out the gas only for a gas/electric heater for 1/2 the costs of parts and labor. I thought that was fair because it wasn't the dealers fault that the water heater was gas only. At that same time, there was a Winnebago rep down from the factory talking with the dealer and they introduced us to him because we were told that we were buying the first Solei in Kansas. So, we told him that it was probably not the best decision to put a gas only water heater in the coach. Especially since we were buying this rig to full time in, who wants to constantly have to fill up the propane tank??? I don't know if they've changed their business practice for the 2015s.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Was that a very costly upgrade?

Nick
Old 07-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I believe it was around $400
Old 07-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Was that the total or just your half? BTW, did you have a ladder installed as I see that they do not come with a roof ladder. I'm not sure how that would work for me.

Nick
Old 07-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

We have a Forza 34T. Love the layout...very comfortable. One of the first things we did was buy a 31" x 31" leather ottoman cube (with tray top as well) for the center of couch area. (Good storage too) Great for watching movies etc, everyone can put their feet up and relax. I will say we did not like the stow-away table. It was heavy and awkward, and hard to put your legs comfortably around. We bought a 4ft fold-up, adjustable height table at Walmart that works fantastic when we actually need it (Which is not very often). I can use it inside and out and keep it under the bed when not in use. This now frees up all the hidden storage space where the table was. We keep our trash can, cases and gallons of water etc. in that spot. There is a residential size refrigerator which was a requirement of a new rig for me. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful and I loved the on/off shower control on the handle to save on water. We've have only ever had a propane water heater so we can't respond to electric/propane. I can definitely see the advantages! Ours is in the shop right now having a Safe-T-Plus, Super Steer Motion Control, and Super Steer Trim Unit put on. We had the Safe-T-Plus on our previous larger unit and my husband can tell a difference and feels it is necessary, but loves the way the Forza drives. There was a post earlier where a gentleman took his back to Freightliner and it was out of alignment and plumb. Said it became a new rig after the adjustments. You may want look into that as well as look up the Super Steer and Safe-T-Plus. Henderson's Line-Up Brake & RV Inc.. We found some interesting information on HitchItch.com on a blog called "Outside Our Bubble". The bloggers have a large Tiffin bus and actually have a video demonstrating the Trim Unit etc. We are also upgrading our Jeep Wrangler with the SMI Air Force One Invisible breaking system and a fuse bypass..so no more Brake-Buddy or pulling fuses or dead batteries! We have also had some minor issues with trim etc. but knew we would with a new unit. The dealer has been happy to repair any problems. So far, knock on wood, this has been a fantastic little rig for my husband and myself. Good luck with your search and choice!!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

It was my half and I got my own ladder from Costco. They may not want me on the roof but there are things that have to be checked up there.

Tags
winnebago