Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up 2014 Tour 42 QD

I'm looking at the Winnebago Tour 42 QD what are the plus's and minus's about the Rig? I see a lot of stuff on the 2013 in the threads but the info on the 2014's are harder to come by. Any information will be greatly appreciated thanks Robert
Freestyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'd put my money on one if its anything like my 2013 QD.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
I'd put my money on one if its anything like my 2013 QD.

Jesse
Thanks for the response Jesse
Old 03-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Wow nobody has anything to say about this coach?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle21 View Post
Wow nobody has anything to say about this coach?
I like my 2013!
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
I love my 13 Tour QD. I like some of the changes to the 14 (like the storage behind the TV and the upgrades to LED bulbs) but, I don't like the loss of storage space in the living room. I have also noticed that things downstairs have been rearranged. It appears that storage space has been compromised to relocate the fresh water tank back to the tag axle area. It case you haven't noticed...space is important to me.
I had a few bugs to work through...but, it seems like everything is good for now.
tnteacherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnteacherguy View Post
I love my 13 Tour QD. I like some of the changes to the 14 (like the storage behind the TV and the upgrades to LED bulbs) but, I don't like the loss of storage space in the living room. I have also noticed that things downstairs have been rearranged. It appears that storage space has been compromised to relocate the fresh water tank back to the tag axle area. It case you haven't noticed...space is important to me.
I had a few bugs to work through...but, it seems like everything is good for now.
Thank you this is what kind of information I'm looking for.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have one. We have about 12,000 miles on it and have enjoyed it very much. We did take the recliner out and put two euro chairs in that space. We do not use the slide on the sofa and slide one of the euro chairs in that space when slides are out. We like the fact it gets better milage than our 2008 Vectra. Plenty of power and smoother ride. I stand the extra folding chairs up in the closet and secure with a bungy. We had about 10 small things to get fixed but not as many as most other brands of coaches at Lazydays. We have plenty of room for everything we need.
jlr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

jlr44 - Have you found the closets big enough? My wife doesn't think they would be big enough for fulltiming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr44 View Post
We have one. We have about 12,000 miles on it and have enjoyed it very much. We did take the recliner out and put two euro chairs in that space. We do not use the slide on the sofa and slide one of the euro chairs in that space when slides are out. We like the fact it gets better milage than our 2008 Vectra. Plenty of power and smoother ride. I stand the extra folding chairs up in the closet and secure with a bungy. We had about 10 small things to get fixed but not as many as most other brands of coaches at Lazydays. We have plenty of room for everything we need.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We are out in the RV 8 to 10 weeks max. We do know several people that full-time for years in same unit or smaller. Once you see what you don't really need to carry you will have plenty of room.
jlr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2012 QD and we love it. Things I would change? Radiant heating in the floor would be nice. It seems this is a natural with the AH heating system.

The other thing would be the fuse panel. Why is it under the bed and not on the wall at the control panel?

Drain tubes you could open to drain the lines for the DW and Washer - similar to the refrigerator.

That is about it. As far as closet space. We are not full timers but I have met a couple of full timers with these rigs so I am guessing its doable. You certainly would need to be creative with where you store things and what you take.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

The closets hold more than most and the drawers are MUCH deeper than most . Storage is one thing we really liked about our qd
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
My wife and I purchased our QD knowing that we were going to fulltime soon. Storage space and closet space were of particular importance. My wife doesn't exactly like to travel light (she can...but, doesn't like to).
We took a 47 day trip to New England and never once felt like we needed to pack more clothes.
We've removed the shelf from the closet in the rear bath. There is already a clothes rod in that closet. We also added a shoe rack to the back of the master bathroom door (for her shoes). I use two of the plastic containers in the cargo area.
Others have a lot of storage but, we think the QD is the best example of a full-timers dream coach. Our sticks and bricks go up for sale in less than a year.
tnteacherguy is offline   Reply With Quote