Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2014 Forza!

Newbie here - is this a brand new model?
I like the 34T though had been thinking gas and Sightseer 33C.

Thoughts on the Forza?

Travelling With Black Labrador Retriever
szn8tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If the "Forza" is a WBGO product, it is definitely a new product name. How about providing us with a link to it?
Ed
Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Motorhomes - 2014 Forza

Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

"Another game changer is the exciting new Winnebago Forza™ and Itasca Solei™. Providing a new, full-featured luxury diesel pusher at an extremely attractive price, the Forza and Solei are not only beautiful, they are initially offered in two unique floorplans, and loaded with standard features, including a Cummins® 340HP engine, Winnebago Industries' exclusive SuperStructure® steel construction, large pass-through storage, upgraded appliances and much more."

From here: It Was "Game On" As Winnebago Industries' Unveiled New 2014 Models at Dealer Days Event Held In Las Vegas - WSET.com - ABC13

Old 04-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

http://www.rvbusiness.com/wp-content...5.46.44-PM.png

Old 04-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

David,

i see that they now some some info listed on the 2014 Tours. such as LED ceiling lights, safe, outdoor kitchen, etc. still just the same two floor plans.

Bob
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

thanks for the links.
Ed
Old 05-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I see on Facebook that RV Road Trippers have posted pictures of this new model at the Winnebago Dealer show. Be interested to see what price range it falls in. It looks like lower than the Journey model..
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
I see on Facebook that RV Road Trippers have posted pictures of this new model at the Winnebago Dealer show. Be interested to see what price range it falls in. It looks like lower than the Journey model..
Good find. They have a short video of the interior

Old 05-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

There's a number of pictures on the iRV2 facebook wall and the press release was published here in the RV Industry News. :-)
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
There's a number of pictures on the iRV2 facebook wall :-)
I see 3, but do not facebook so may be doin' it wrong......

Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

This is Winnebago's introduction into a very new/hot (and growing) combined entry-level, and also smaller sized, diesel market.

For what I expect the price range to be, there are a lot of other (and arguably nicer) choices out there. That is actually a good thing since I believe it will force the manufacturers to "up" their game in this market segment, rather than to see how much they can "cheap" out on, but still dress up to make it look nicer than it actually is. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but make sure you know what you're actually getting. I would suspect that should this new coach take off for Winnie, we'll see some nicer improved features on it, along with some additional floorplans as the year progresses. (Look how fast the smaller sized Thor Palazzo took off, and how features were tweaked all last year, floorplans incrementally added, etc.).

With the current Forza's specs (and if these things would matter to you specifically), this new rig can still only pull 5k lbs, has the straight rail chassis which gives you 6'8 ceilings and gas rig-like exterior storage, non-aluminum wheels in the smaller floorplan, very small bunk beds that no adult or tall kid will fit on, etc.). To contrast, you'd have about the same size tanks on the Sightseer, still can pull only 5k, same ceiling height, gain an exterior TV, similar exterior storage capability, etc.. Biggest differentiator there is the gas vs. diesel debate, which only you can answer depending on what you're looking for in your next coach. How you'll use this kind of a diesel coach, in my option, makes all the difference with how much you'll like vs. dislike the Forza's features.

My bet is that this coach's low price point will overlap the new loaded Adventurer, which (along with Newmar's Canyon Star) are at the very high end of the MSRP price spectrum for any manufacturer's gas rig line. Some of the MSRPs here are in the high $180s/low $190s.

My vote is that I'm glad Winnie went for it, and I'll definitely stick around to see what they do with it. If I was in that market segment, I would definitely cross-compare to the others competitors out there - physically smaller sized diesels, along with larger-sized-but-lower-cost diesels falling into a similar price bucket: Thor Palazzo, Fleetwood Excursion, Newmar Ventana LE, Coachmen Sportscoach Cross Country, Tiffin Allegro RED, Forest River Berkshire, etc).

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

go6car,
you make many good observations-I had some of the same.
Ceiling height- even some gas models now have 7'
Length-not as short as Palazzo or the highly intriguing Fleetwood Excursion 33A @ 33' 11"

Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Note that the Palazzo and the Forza have the exact same wheelbase and the Forza is only six inches longer (more overhang?). They are both on the XCS Freightliner chassis but Winnebago is offering 340 hp vs 300 for the Thor unit. A software upgrade will increase the hp on the Palazzo to the 340 level. I have seen the cost of that upgrade here on IRV2 at $250.

The differences in the two units may mostly be in the floorplans. I have been tracking the Palazzo for the past year and they have made a number of changes in the unit and fixed a number of problems in the earlier units. This Saturday I take delivery of my Palazzo 33.2 and am giving up my much loved 2001 Brave 30W. Wish Winnebago had come out with the Forza a year earlier as it would have made my decision much, much harder.

I will be interested to watch the progress of the Forza.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Can you detail the Palazo changes made? I want to really like it, bur none of the floorplans are quite right for us. Maybe some new ones are coming?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by szn8tt View Post
Can you detail the Palazo changes made? I want to really like it, bur none of the floorplans are quite right for us. Maybe some new ones are coming?
I would ask the same question about the Winnebago Forza? Have you seen those floorplans as well?

I do think that the best place to get information about the Palazzo would be in the THOR Motorcoach Forums. OR "Search" for Palazzo using our search engine resource!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
I would ask the same question about the Winnebago Forza? Have you seen those floorplans as well?

I do think that the best place to get information about the Palazzo would be in the THOR Motorcoach Forums. OR "Search" for Palazzo using our search engine resource!
Or i could reply in a thread where somebody says to have knowledge of changes. Those will not be on the Thor website.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by szn8tt View Post

One I know of for sure is that the fresh water tank increased in size from ~50 gal to 95 gal....

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
Winnebago Watcher

They increased the fresh water tank to 95 gallons, increased the hot water to 10 gallons, increased towing hitch to 10,000 lbs. They have had slide problems and increased the slide motors size and changed some parts to steel from aluminum. Go to the Thor owners and search Palazzo. There are several threads, but one labeled Palazzo owners is the most popular. The number of owners are increasing daily and I will be one of them on October 7th.

I wish Winnebago had come out with their version a year ago. It might have made my decision harder, but for now we still like our choice.
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

The Hershey RV was another great year, my wife and I travel about 5000 miles each year in our 1997 FW bounder. And will be getting someone's DP (small)

We had hoped we would like the small FW 38 b or c, ......not so much

Plazzo 36.1 was really rather nice but we found the Winn Forza 34t just perfect for us, we will never travel with more people and we will never full time but we do love to travel the country and 30-45 days away at a time is perfect size and needs

The hp in the forza is a small difference and we pull a trailer/ car total 2600lbs

Damn glad we left after three days and started down the road my DW was willing to 50,000$ down on a FW 38S, she got the price down to 202,000 and was looking for check book ......

Lord

But it was nice
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote