Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2014 Adventurer 38Q...Wow!

Love this floorplan. Not something you see ever day in a gasser.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I like it, but why two bathrooms? We had another Adventurer, similar to the 37F in for work, and there is only one bed, but a bath and a half. I don't see the point in wasting space if it's just a couple people sleeping there.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Look closer - just 2 sinks back there. 1 in bathroom and 1 in toilet room.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Ooooohhhhhhh I see now.
I was thinking it was going to be like that other Adventure with 1.5 baths.
That is pretty cool. So do you call that a 1.25 bath? hahaha
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I like the floorplan but I would prefer to see it on a diesel chassis.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
I like it, but why two bathrooms? We had another Adventurer, similar to the 37F in for work, and there is only one bed, but a bath and a half. I don't see the point in wasting space if it's just a couple people sleeping there.
Every time I'm asked this question I respond with another question:

"How many toilets do you have in YOUR house?"

Our 37F is the second 1 & 1/2 bath coach we've owned, the first a 2003 Newmar KSCA, and there are a LOT more floor plans from many builders offering them (especially big DPs), so I'm guessing we are not alone in "needing" two. My wife has her "full bath", and me and everybody else uses the front toilet and sink "1/2 bath".

Different strokes for different folks.......YMMV.
Ed
Old 09-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The 1/2 Bath in my Vista 35F is what sold the wife. Full rear bath and a mid coach 1/2 bath. Seems to be a popular floor plan with all manufactures going to it.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

My only complaint about the floor plan is the location of the toilet paper holder.

Scott
Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
"How many toilets do you have in YOUR house?"

Ed
Exactly, there are plenty of times where more than one person has to go at the same time.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

While visiting my local Winnebago dealership a little over a week ago, the salesperson I've been working with asked me to tour the 38Q they had in stock. She particularly wanted to know what I thought about the bedroom.

I stepped up into the living area and was immediately impressed. Huge leather sectional, recliner, big HDTV and fireplace - all very inviting. The kitchen was great, too, with a lot of counter space and a residential refrigerator.

I think it was the contrast with all the space in front that led me to being disappointed in both the bathroom and the bedroom areas. With the sliding door closed, there wouldn't be enough room in the shower area to use a bath towel. The shower passed my test (could pick up a bar of soap without banging my head), but still was small for such a large coach. The head of the king bed was tilted up so there would be more floor space between it and the wardrobe. It would have been really cramped if it wasn't - and I verified the slideout was fully extended.

I told her I thought it would be great for entertaining a lot friends during an outing like a tailgating party. The bedroom and bath would be adequate for the hosts on short-term trips, but I was looking for something more appropriate for fulltiming (like the 37F). YMMV.
HOHDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Although we are looking for a new MH, 5 minutes in a new Winnie with it's teensy weensy, presenting an interior more characteristic a dark cave than an RV, left us scrambling to look elsewhere. While I might suppose that the elcheapo teeny tiny windows had to do with saving a few cents per unit, hoping that no one would notice; I would rather go back to tenting than spend a day in one of these gloomy contraptions.

In looking around, Newmar seemed to be one of the few RV mfgs that understood the value of light in the RVing experience. Newmar not only has large windows, but even include additional windows in the end of each slideout!

Beyond Winnebago's well known propensity for delamination, not only on the outside, but now on the inside, what are their other virtues!?!?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Stan - describe the 2011 Newmar with a comparable floor plan to my 42QD. They didn't make one at any price point, but do now because the copied the ideas from...Winnebago. The comparable 2014 Newmar has a 65 gal. grey tank vs 105 on our 2011. Perhaps you might ask Newmar why they liked the 42QD so much that they copied it

If you look at the plan for the subject 38Q, you'll see windows at the ends of the slideouts. I know ours also has them where the fireplace, residential refrigerator, etc aren't in the way.

I'm sure you love the Newmar, but why come here to trash another manufacturer? Got nothing better to do?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Some people are just contrarians.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjburns View Post
I'm sure you love the Newmar, but why come here to trash another manufacturer? Got nothing better to do?
What can I say?? I have a Winnebago; and having been a victim of Winnebago's screw-you warranty; not to mention that absolutely every Winnebago over five years old in our neighborhood is bulging with major delamination!! From what I have observed, Winnebago builds the very worst rigs in the business.

So . . . has Winnebago changed over the years?? Yes! They are even worse than when I bought my rig!!

You really have to love the thread posted by the unfortunate owner of a new Winnebago Sunnybrook trailer with the gray tank falling off of the rig. The victim called Winnebago/Sunnybrook and was told that this was not covered under warranty, "because we've obviously overfilled the tank..."!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like . . . give us a break!!!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/gray-...ok-169000.html

Bought a Winnebago once. NEVER AGAIN!!

Before we ever buy another Winnebago we will buy a tent!!.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post

OK, maybe its just me but I only see a SPLIT Bathroom.
Wait a minute, this must have one of those new fangled High toilets for extra tall people.
Nope, just a split bathroom with an extra sink. Perfect for 2 people.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqguy View Post
I like the floorplan but I would prefer to see it on a diesel chassis.
Check out the Journey 40U - not 100% identical but functionally identical.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Very nice arrangement.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
What can I say?? I have a Winnebago; and having been a victim of Winnebago's screw-you warranty; not to mention that absolutely every Winnebago over five years old in our neighborhood is bulging with major delamination!! From what I have observed, Winnebago builds the very worst rigs in the business.

So . . . has Winnebago changed over the years?? Yes! They are even worse than when I bought my rig!!

You really have to love the thread posted by the unfortunate owner of a new Winnebago Sunnybrook trailer with the gray tank falling off of the rig. The victim called Winnebago/Sunnybrook and was told that this was not covered under warranty, "because we've obviously overfilled the tank..."!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like . . . give us a break!!!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/gray-...ok-169000.html

Bought a Winnebago once. NEVER AGAIN!!

Before we ever buy another Winnebago we will buy a tent!!.
Seems that he got his tank repaired fully under warranty at the conclusion of the thread. What else can you ask for? You had a bad experience and I hate that for you. But your constant bashing of the brand is not very classy. Let it go.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Maybe he's upset that his '99 isn't covered under warranty. I don't know, I've owned two Winnebagos and haven't had the devastating problems he's talking about. I haven't heard anyone going on about them like this either.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjburns View Post
Maybe he's upset that his '99 isn't covered under warranty.
Wasn't even covered by Winnebago "warranty" when the rig was new in '99.

Fortunately we had a great dealer, who was stuck is swapping parts with other Winnebagos on the lot. But that was way back in '99 when 90% of stock was Winnebago. As a dealer focused upon carrying quality products, their Winnebago stock has dropped to about 10%, in favour of better quality rigs, and better designed rigs.

Tags
vent