Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
But your constant bashing of the brand is not very classy. Let it go.
Neither are dishonesty or deception very classy. People who read this forum avoid making the same mistakes others have made by listening to the experience of others. And I am depending upon the honest accounts of other's experience with a certain manufacturer; and my choice of a new rig has been based primarily upon the experience of others with that manufacturer.

I forum confined to saying only nice things about a product, serves no useful purpose.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

All right , lets knock off the personal comments. It's not allowed here. Opinions about the topic are.
Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

38Q

I wonder where the 2nd satellite receiver would bee located for the bedroom tv. Seems if the location is the over dash cabinet with the primary sat receiver the RF remote would change channels on both boxes.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGHP View Post
Love this floorplan. Not something you see ever day in a gasser.
This floorplan has been in the DP's for some time now. Our 'new to us' 40U has this plan. The split bathroom is a challenge in the 'reading room'. Or should I say 'lack of reading room'? If you have long legs privacy is not an option!

But in all, we love our coach. DP or gasser, it makes sense. The cabinets are spacious and numerous. The front TV is at an easy eye level and the dog loves the space in front of the fireplace.

DW is a very happy camper in her galley. She truly feels like she is in a 'real' kitchen. Even the convection/microwave is to her liking now. Was a bit hesitant at first because it was different than in the old coach. She misses the optional dishwasher at times but loves the large draws in its place.

Yes. WoW in deed!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

New 38Q Owner

Quote:
Love this floorplan. Not something you see ever day in a gasser.
I became the owner of a 2014 Adventurer 38Q just six weeks ago. The floorplan is spacious and convenient. I subsequently learned that my particular rig was apparently the first one off the line and was the one used for the photos on Winnebago's website.

There have been a few minor issues that my dealer has promptly addressed. For one, the wrong awning was installed. The manufacturer's website listed standard features as including an awning with LED lighting, which we didn't have. This is being corrected. They also replaced the CO detector and some wood trim in the bedroom where the ceiling fan had rubbed (while the slide was in), and are replacing the control head for the solar charging system. We're still in our shakedown period and are planning as much use as possible before I'll have to winterize.

Overall, the rig is beautiful and comfortable. On the first trip (with a toad) I got 5.5 MPG but did run the genset while on the road to keep cool.

This is my first post on the forums. Anyone who wants info on the 38Q feel free to message.
CincyBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Cindy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Winnebago.

At some point you will want to visit the factory. We have not been able to schedule the WIT club Grand National Rally yet but we do want to go. If you are not a WIT club member yet you might consider this. The factory store give a 10% discount to members. The folks in Forest City are great and they will fix the problems the dealers tend to make worse or can't fix at all. I am not trying to scare you. I am just sharing what many of us have already discovered. I hope your dealer is better than most.

Happy and safe trails.

Rick
Old 11-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

ive just traded my 2012 sightseer to the new adventurer 38q.I really like the new floorplan.
rbs.inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs.inc View Post
ive just traded my 2012 sightseer to the new adventurer 38q.I really like the new floorplan.
I agree. Very nice and unique.
khogle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I wonder where the 2nd satellite receiver would bee located for the bedroom tv. Seems if the location is the over dash cabinet with the primary sat receiver the RF remote would change channels on both boxes.
If you manage to use a Dish Network Hopper and Joey, the problem is solved. That of course, depends entirely on how the rear TV is wired. There does need to be a coax run for the Joey, but after that, it's HDMI. The remotes are independent and RF so the Joey can be where it's practical, within reception distance.

Scott
Old 11-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

That is a great floor plan. I would like to have a bath and a half. Jan sometimes reads right through my bathroom break.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

Scott, in your signature you show you have a '03 U. I think yours is a V because the U floor plan didn't come out until '10 or '11. I think the E, QD and U floor plans are fantastic. Love ours.

Rick
Old 12-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqguy View Post
I like the floorplan but I would prefer to see it on a diesel chassis.
With the exception of the rear bath it is similar to the Tour 42QD...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #33
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs.inc View Post
I just learned the floor plan code to some extent. Your unit is a gasser. It is similar to the Tour "QD" where the Q is the layout and the added D is for diesel. Our 40U (why no D?) is similar. We love it and do so more and more each day.

I wish you long and many happy trails,

Rick
Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #34
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Scott, in your signature you show you have a '03 U. I think yours is a V because the U floor plan didn't come out until '10 or '11. I think the E, QD and U floor plans are fantastic. Love ours.

Rick
That is interesting because there is a mix of U and V used throughout the documentation for the coach. Sales information calls it a U.

Scott
Old 12-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #35
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
That is interesting because there is a mix of U and V used throughout the documentation for the coach. Sales information calls it a U.

Scott
My error.. The floor plans on the brochure are broken up. I did not scroll down far enough. The later U is a different configuration than your U. Sorry for my error causing a wrong look at you. Forgive this old diesel pusher please. That is a nice coach. I hope it continues to serve you well.

Rick
Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #36
Winnie-Wise

Rick,

No need to forgive anytihng... in the owners manual it's called a V.

It's all good, sir!

Scott
Old 12-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

I agree one bath is enough.
The extra half is a waste and we full time!
No S & B.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #38
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
No S & B.
Not so,
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #39
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopc View Post
No S & B.
Our coach has the split bathroom. We still find those moments when the toilet room is occupied at the wrong time.

We like the DP and the bath and a half was not available for the 40' with the floor plan that we wanted. We 'struggle' with what we have but are still 'friends'. DW love the coach as much as I do. We would not change a thing. To give up the functional room for the full bath is not worth it. To go to a gasser for the full bath is out of the question. The over 40' coaches are just too big for most of the places we volunteer at. So, what we have is what we will have for a very long time, God be willing.

And thats my two cents.

Rick
Old 12-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Birch View Post
People who read this forum avoid making the same mistakes others have made by listening to the experience of others.
I have 7 year old Winnebago/Itasca motorhome. I would buy another in a flash - especially if they still made my floorplan. We have never had any problem with delamination either. That is my opinion.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent