Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

grtharris**

The satellite comes up on the RGB/Component input on the televisions.

Thanks for the info!
TheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

2013 Winnebago Vista 27N Dish TV hookup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeach View Post
I've got it all working, now.

As it turns out, there is no HDMI cable running from the main tv to the overhead bin. There are 6 RCA jacks up in the ovrhd bin, 3 for component and 3 for A/V.

I bought an HDMI to RGB/Component converter box after I discovered that the RCA jacks in the ovrhd run to the main tv and the exterior tv. So, I have connected my DISH satellite receiver to the converter box with an HDMI cord, connected the Road Trip to the Dish receiver with the coax at the satellite panel in the ovrhd and then connected the RGB jacks to the output of the converter box and it all works perfectly!

I have no idea if this is the way the wiring came from the factory, or, if the previous owner wired it this way, or, even if the dealer who installed the Winegard Road Trip wired it up this way, so this may not help anyone else out there.

Thanks so very much for the information!
The Beach, I have the same situation with my 2013 Vista 27N. I want to add a BluRay player and eventually a Dish satellite receiver (the previous owner installed the antenna on the roof). I would need to convert the HDMI to the RCA format...what make and model HDMI to RGB /Component converter box did you use? Thanks
Devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:01 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

THE BEACH

Are you saying that the satellite signal goes to all of the televisions via the RGB/RCA connectors?

This system is giving me fits! I have been able to get my main TV to get the sat signal via the HDMI cable. Are you saying that if I also hook up the RCA cables to the back of the Sat receiver will I get the Sat Signal to the other TV? The bedroom TV has RCA cables going to it, but I thought those went to the hook up on the wall plate in the bedroom.

FWIW, I had to run a dedicated coax cable from my service bay to the overhead compartment because the cable installed has a signal loss. Once I replaced it, the sat signal was great.

Any help understanding this thing is appreciated

Best regards

Bill
2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27n, unattractive brownish hue. 530 Watts roof mounted solar, 165 Watts portable solar, Winegard G2 Sat Antenna, Progressive Industries Surge Protector, TPMS, Sirius Satellite Radio.
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Devilsquid

I'm not sure of the make and model (we traded our 27N in on a new Adventurer), but, I got the converter here:

MyCableMart.com (RCA) Video Source to OTHER Converters (Such as HDMI)

Mycablemart.com has a lot of A/V products online. You could probably call them and get some advice on the right converter for your needs.

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Superlucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlucky View Post
THE BEACH

Are you saying that the satellite signal goes to all of the televisions via the RGB/RCA connectors?

This system is giving me fits! I have been able to get my main TV to get the sat signal via the HDMI cable. Are you saying that if I also hook up the RCA cables to the back of the Sat receiver will I get the Sat Signal to the other TV? The bedroom TV has RCA cables going to it, but I thought those went to the hook up on the wall plate in the bedroom.

FWIW, I had to run a dedicated coax cable from my service bay to the overhead compartment because the cable installed has a signal loss. Once I replaced it, the sat signal was great.

Any help understanding this thing is appreciated

Best regards

Bill
My 27N was supposed to have an HDMI cable running from the overhead bin to the main TV, but instead, it had RGB cable from the overhead to the main TV. If you have the HDMI cable from the overhead to the main TV then you are one step ahead. The bedroom TV had a wall plate with coax connections, one for the roof satellite and one for the portable. I had to hook up another DISH network receiver to the roof satellite outlet near the bedroom TV and then connect the bedroom TV to the DISH network receiver in the bedroom with an HDMI cable. I think unless you have the Travler satellite dish on your roof (I didn't), you will only be able to access TV channels on the one satellite that the main TV is locked on. The bedroom TV will not change satellites only the main TV will. I had the outdoor entertainment center in my 27N and the outdoor TV would display whatever channel the main TV was getting on the satellite input. The external TV was also connected with RGB cable (not HDMI). My RCA outlets in the bedroom were for connecting a DVD or Bluray or game console, etc., to the bedroom TV.

I think the only thing that I was missing was the installed HDMI cable from the overhead bin near the driver's seat to the main TV. Instead, they ran an RGB cable to the main TV. There was also a YWR RCA phone jack that ran from that bin to the main TV for connecting a DVD, Bluray or game console to the main TV.

Hope this helps.

It took me many hours to figure mine out!
Old 10-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I'm with you! Hours and Hours trying to figure it out. I have the HDMI cable and it works fine. The connection from the service bay to the overhead bin lost enough signal that the satellite would not function. I finally ran a new coax from the cabinet, down through the floor and out to the service bay.
I also was getting a degraded signal from the service bay labeled "CABLE" to the TV. I called WInnebego and they said that particular cable goes up to the roof mounted antenna and is on a splitter. From there it goes to the two televisions. I could not stand crappy signal any longer so I ran a new cable from the service bay directly to the main TV. I put an A/B switch at the TV between the roof mounted over-the-air antenna and the new coax so that I could switch between the antenna and cable. It works great now. The only downside of this set up is that the cable connection from the service bay no longer feeds the bedroom TV. I am ok with that. (I could put a splitter in the service bay though...... Just thought of that. This would feed a signal, although crappy, back to the bedroom TV. Another "Ah ha" moment)

I have not tried to see if the RCA cables from the overhead cabinet from the Sat Box goes to the bedroom TV. That is next on the list!

Thanks for the correspondence. I'll keep plugging away.

Bill
2016 Itasca Sunstar LX 27n, unattractive brownish hue. 530 Watts roof mounted solar, 165 Watts portable solar, Winegard G2 Sat Antenna, Progressive Industries Surge Protector, TPMS, Sirius Satellite Radio.
superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Trying to connect tailgater to external tv on 2015 27n

I've read the posts and I'm not having any signal trouble. I did successfully attach tailgater dish to internal tv Had the hdmi cable all set in the cabinet over drivers seat. But expected external tv to mirror the internal tv. It seems to not be connected. Tried going to input and choosing hdmi 1 but get nothing. Any ideas would be great. Need it for tailgate event this weekend!!!!!
Rinkmom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Rinkmom17, in the attached drawings look at sheet 6. Looks like there is a component video cable going from the overhead cabinet to the ext. TV. Depending on you satellite receiver you may have to get a splitter and adapter.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_188343.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Rinkmom17

If you have RCA jacks in the overhead bin that go to the external TV you might try plugging them into your satellite TV receiver (don't know if you have DISH or DirecTV) and then try all of your source options on the external TV (RGB, etc). If those cable jacks in the bin do go to the external TV you should get the same channel on the external TV that your main TV is showing. RGB (red, green and blue) will give you the best picture, but yellow red and white will also work. It all depends on what options you have on the back of your receiver.

John
Old 10-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #30
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all for your ideas. After hours and hours of "learning" including a lot of stupid user mistakes, and a call to Winnebago phone support, finally figured it out. First problem was that connecting only the HDMI cable in overdriver seat cabinet was enough for dinette TV but not for external - for external you need to connect the red, yellow white cables to the receiver as well. Unfortunately that still did not result in "component" option when we turned on external TV and hit "input". We ended up having to pull out the TV ( remove from installed external brackets) and lo and behold, as the Winnebago tech support guy predicted, the yellow cable was not connected to the TV and that was the video. There were six cables coming from RV to TV - only five connected ( as I said, Yellow was not). We looked at TV instructions and they showed us which to connect and where to connect if we onlyl had three inputs on the receiver. so we successfully reconnected just the small red, the yellow and the white. leaving blue, green and large red unconnected. Then the "component" option appeared on externalTV when we hit input and we were good. I would assume the DVD player now does not work on external but that's okay, we only use that inside.
Rinkmom17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, winnebago