Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #101
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone installed the blue ox trac bar on the 26he if you have could you post the part # I'am thinking about getting one a could use the right part number.
Thanks in advance.
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #102
Winnebago Owner

poppy bill,
Know your chassis specs, and go on the Blue Ox web site. They have an application chart by make and GVWR. Once you determine the part#, you can shop for a retailer and price.
You will like the improvement of a rear track-bar!
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #103
Winnebago Camper

Docking Lights

I finished up the installation of two Attwood Docking (cornering) lights. I think the project turned out ok.

I powered the lights from the radio power switch so I could use them with the ignition off.

Both the lights turn on from the single pilot switch shown in the photo.

I mounted them behind the front wheels because that's where they gave the best light for tight turns.

Neal
2013 Sunstar 26he, 03 Tracker ZR-2

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5299.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	88414[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5298.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	88413  
Buttercup987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:30 AM   #104
Winnebago Camper

little storage in bedroom and kitchen

I loved the size and floor plan but was turned off by the very minimal closet/storage space in the bedroom and kitchen...
Birdie66b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:38 AM   #105
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone installed a battery tender on their coach battery. I forgot to say I have a Vista 26 he 2013
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #106
Winnebago Owner

Yes, and it really works. I always had a slight discharge on my chassis batts before. It took care of that. I installed a digital battery voltage meter connected through a switch that reads both coach and chassis batts.
The Battery Tender is easy to install too.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #107
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch View Post
Yes, and it really works. I always had a slight discharge on my chassis batts before. It took care of that. I installed a digital battery voltage meter connected through a switch that reads both coach and chassis batts.
The Battery Tender is easy to install too.
Do you have pics of the meter install
Rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #108
Winnebago Owner

Rmblaster,
I will take a couple and post as soon as I can.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #109
Winnebago Owner

Thanks GHutch
Rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #110
Winnebago Owner

Sorry, I seem to have forgotten how to upload pictures, so in the meantime, this is a similar meter that I used. I installed a 2 way switch and wired the coach and chassis batts to it. Up= chassis, down= coach, center= off.
I keep working on the pics.
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...FShn7AodhAkAoQ

G.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #111
Winnebago Owner

Pictures......
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #112
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Judge View Post
I check my jacks, whether I have used them or not, as part of my tear down procedure. This way, if the warning light comes on during start up, I know they are up. I just turn the control panel on and then off. Sometime I hear a noise for a few seconds that sounds like a jack retracting so I wait before turning the system off. The warning light always goes out before I can shut the panel off.

My dealer checked with Winnebago and Lippert but no definite solution was offered from either so my dealer then gave a very thorough check, both in the extended position and retracted position, as my rig was his first encounter with this problem. After all is said and done, it appears to be a ghost within the system that we have to live with.
Well... A lot of us have the same ghost. Since I bought my motorhome (2013 Sunstar 26HE), I have had the issue of the Jack Down light coming on after the motorhome sits with the jacks up. It's an easy fix of pressing the retract button, but there is an obvious problem with the system. To date, I have had all four return hydraulic lines replaced and the power unit. I still have the problem. My guess is one of the jack seals has a slight leak somewhere. My next step is to place tape on each of the jack legs to see if they are dropping.

Personally, I don't think Winnebago and Lippert are taking this issue seriously. I have read several different posts complaining about the same issue.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:18 AM   #113
Winnebago Camper

Rossi6998,

When the dealer checked mine, it sat for 12 hours on the extended jacks. No movement was observed by the marks made by the tech.

I agree with you, the dealer showed the most concern.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:18 AM   #114
Winnebago Camper

Greetings, all. We picked up our 2015 Vista 26HE this week. It's nice to see a number of owners on this site. My previous MH was a RVison B+ that had a few variants and was built for over 10 years,so there were lots of owners sharing stories. I hope that continues here.

I will have lots of questions as time goes on, but the first is: why did Winnebago put the TV in a place where none of the comfy seats can see it? Has anyone tried to move it? Honestly, we watch little TV on the road. I took the big TV out of the last one and just built in storage. We bring a laptop with movies and stream when we can. I'd move it to the bedroom, but it's too big for that space. So, interested in hearing what others have done.

Peace, Dennis
2wheelluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:41 PM   #115
Site Team

One of us watches from the dinette and one from a zero gravity chair we bring in....not the greatest setup, but we wouldn't watch much TV when camping even if the TV was located in a better place.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:43 PM   #116
Site Team

2wheelluge....forgot to say CONGRATS on your new 26HE and welcome to the group. There are several of us here with the same model and I have enjoyed exchanging ideas and getting helpful advice from them. I think you will really love the 26HE as it is a great size for camping in state parks!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:48 PM   #117
Winnebago Owner

Yes congratulations on your new 26HE. They are easy to drive. Watching TV is not easy. I keep looking for a way to drop the TV down.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #118
Winnebago Owner

Anybody installed a solar panel on their 26HE. I'm curious to see where you ran the wires to the interior. I'm looking at the Renogy 100watt panel, just one as all I'm looking for is to supplement the coach batteries on a daily basis. When dry camping I can usually get 3-4 days before I need to run the generator.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #119
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtrooper View Post
Anybody installed a solar panel on their 26HE. I'm curious to see where you ran the wires to the interior. I'm looking at the Renogy 100watt panel, just one as all I'm looking for is to supplement the coach batteries on a daily basis. When dry camping I can usually get 3-4 days before I need to run the generator.
I had a solar system installed by the dealership on my 26HE. I believe they ran the wires through the vent pipe opening on the roof.

The only reason I know this is I asked my Ford mechanic to install a couple 360 Siphons on the vent pipes and he indicated they failed to properly caulk around the vent pipe. He re-caulked the area for me. It makes sense they would use the existing opening on the roof which would drop the wires behind the kitchen or bathroom cabinets and give you a good route to where they installed the controller (end of kitchen cabinet, near front door and battery cutoff switch).

If I get on the roof in the near future, I will take pictures for you.

Good luck
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #120
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2014 Vista 26he, I've seen many articles about older years, but not much about the 14. Did they make improvements to the newer units, to fix the problems I've read about the older units had? It is almost a gamble buying a new unit. This will be my last unit, my last unit died with 104k miles on it. I would like to get a lot of miles Without spending a lot of money making it right.
Thanks for any feedback.
lit3hous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago