Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013 Tour Entry Carpet Question

We purchased our Tour 11/30/13 and upon the initially delivery, it was pointed out that the carpet for the driver / passenger area was missing so it was ordered. When they ordered it, they received the piece that is for the Master Bath.

Now I am being told it doesn't exist. Winnebago tells me it's the dealer's responsibilty to order the part and won't provide me with the part number. Dealer is unable to find any pictures in the brochure or part number and insists it doesn't exist.

I could be crazy and maybe they just thought it would be cool to put carpet on the step cover only but I know i"ve seen photos of this carpet.

Can someone please confirm if there is a carpet piece for the cab area and which dealer maybe you made your purchase? Feel free to message me directly if you prefer.

If it doesn't exist, then I would just like a confirmation of this also.

Thanks in advance.
spottedhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

On our '12 Tour JD, there is no carpet on the floor area between the seats. There is carpet on the sliding stepwell cover. We bought a cover for the floor between the front seats. This cover was made on site at Lazydays in Tampa, FL.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Not sure if this helps but here goes. On my 2011 42 Tour, it has carpeting that covers all the drivers and passenger area. In addition, the steps have covers as well. It is very durable and not bad looking. I was told it came from the dealer as an option but don't go to the bank on that. I wish I could figure out how to post a pic of it for you but it just is to complicated for this user. You can tell this is for this coach or similar Tours as the carpet is nicely bound and fits like a glove. If you PM me I will take a pic and send it to you on your regular email. Hope that helps.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

On our 2011 Tour and our just purchased 2014 Ellipse there was no carpet between or around the driver and copilot seats, nor have we seen this on dealership lots, RV shows or as an option. Our Ellipse did come with a removable carpet piece about 3x4 which is bound on all four edges, and has two corners with notches that conform to the cabinet in the aft bathroom. Perhaps a dealer had placed that carpet up front not recognizing it was actually for the bathroom. As others have done we purchased throw carpet and runners for the living areas and driver's seat area. They keep the toes warmer on these winter nights, and the carpet at the driver's seat is a great place to loose the shoes and not track dirt through the coach. That said, the steps into the coach are rubber with carpet sided entry. We use a black towel tucked under the step cover at the upper step and it neatly drapes over the remaining steps. In dirty areas and/or wet feet from rain storms it is easy to shake out the towel and throw in the washer when necessary. The point is, it keeps the dirt at the entry, and if company is coming over, remove the towel and your entry is clean. My 2 cents...
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Our 2013 Tour QD has no carpet around front seats and walk area. Check with a company called Wade on the Lazy Days property near Tampa. They can make custom mats a a great price.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I just went back over our original paperwork and sure enough Lazy Days showed the front carpet as "courtesy" meaning they supplied it. The bathroom carpet that others are referring to should come with your coach as just today when I went to the Ft. Myers RV Show there was three 42 Tours and all had the bathroom carpet but none had the carpet overlaid on top of the tile between the front seats. I guess it is something that came from LD. Give them a call and see if they will sell you this piece.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I believe the carpet you refer to is used while the rig is in transport...removed at the dealer..just a rough cut piece...I just had WADE , in house vendor , at Lazydays, 'make mine,back of chairs to dash...and stairs too..$300
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

My 2011 also does not have any carpet there.

This is interesting...the 2011 brochure, in the photo labeled "Cab seats" does show carpet. The floor plan does not.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Our 2013 did not have carpet in front either. Wife wanted a cute red bath carpet in the back bath. She got one that fits over the engine trap door perfectly. I made a pattern out of paper of the driver floor and cut the back bath carpet to fit. Fits pretty good, I even made it so the finished edge shows. I really like it, nice and comfy while driving
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the confirmation,ideas and suggestions.
spottedhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Ditto,

We have a 2013 Meridian. I'm interested in what you purchased. Can you post a picture?

Cliff
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Sure..ck here...http://www.waderv.com/images/entrymats/001.jpg
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:42 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Thanks ditto, very nice!
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #14