Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013 Sightseer - Some questions, gas lock, wind noise.

!. Anyone have a part number for a locking gas cap for the F53 or the Sightseer gas door. My local parts store doesn't show F53 in the book.

2. The wind noise is horrible in this thing sounds like the top of the windshield is not connected to the top fascia. Can't even hear the radio at any speed over 20 MPH.

3. Anyone have any ideas on driver/passenger storage space. Where to put the sun glasses, phone, etc. It has cup holders and the big sunken area center dash but that's a stretch to reach when driving. How about maps, registration papers, etc.

4. One more longer trip then back for the warranty items.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Bill596
Bill596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have a '13 33c and have none of the wind noise you mention.

I am curious if your arm rests are adjustable...
Jim
jncSiightsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Can you replace the latch on the fuel filler door with one that locks? We replaced the one on our 2001 Adventurer with the type commonly used on a mail box. They come in many sizes and are available at almost any home improvement store or hardware store.

They usually cost less than $10.00 and provide all the security you should need.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Wind noise

Check to see if the front windows have small plastic covers over the weep holes. We had a lot of wind noise in our Adventurer and found the covers were missing.
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Jim
I don't think the arm rests adjust, but only one trip and I was getting used to the extra 10 foot length and 15 inch height so I didn't try. It's in the storage lot now but I'll get over to it this weekend and let you know for sure.

The windshield was replaced at the dealer due to many small pits prior to our walkthrough and pickup so maybe there's something to look at.

Thanks for the info.
Bill596
Old 04-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Hikerdogs I didn't think of that. It looks like there is just a nut to hold the latch in place so I'll measure the hole size and purchase one of those and fit it in. Just want to keep the honest ones honest.

Bill596
Old 04-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

JimLaurieLucy - I'll look this weekend for the weep hole covers, though it sounds like a lot on noise for what I would think are small holes.
Thank you
Bill596
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
YC1
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill596 View Post
JimLaurieLucy - I'll look this weekend for the weep hole covers, though it sounds like a lot on noise for what I would think are small holes.
Thank you
Bill596
They will surprise you and if you find them without covers just put some tape over them for a test ride. I found some color matching tape and left it in place but did not press it into the little groove so moisture can still get out. The noise went away.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, sightseer