Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #1

2013 Itasca Ellipse/winnebago Tour 42GD Shower Problem

We own a 2013 GD. Have any other GD owners had a problem with the corner shower's wall pulling away from the two vertical walls it's attached to?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1420413252.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	36970

Above is the side on the hallway. Below is the side on the bedroom wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2444982670.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	36971

This pulled the screws right out of the wall on both sides. It looks like they didn't put much of a brad of silicone caulk down each side and hoped the screws would hold it. The screws (given there length, could only have been 1/4 inch into the walls themselves.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
We own a 2013 GD. Have any other GD owners had a problem with the corner shower's wall pulling away from the two vertical walls it's attached to?

Above is the side on the hallway. Below is the side on the bedroom wall.

This pulled the screws right out of the wall on both sides. It looks like they didn't put much of a brad of silicone caulk down each side and hoped the screws would hold it. The screws (given there length, could only have been 1/4 inch into the walls themselves.
I do not have that situation, but we did notice that where the shower fiberglass top edges meet the wall there is about 1/8 inch gap from the wall and it has not been sealed. Therefore, any condensation on the wall above the fiberglass, while you are showering runs down the wall behind the fiberglass shower stall. That kind of moisture is not a good thing. Ours is being sealed at the factory. By the way the weather in Iowa is cold, cloudy and wet. Thursday night they expect nearly 8 inches of snow. I went to the Winnebago store and bought some imaginary logs for my fake fireplace.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have been disappointed with the second screen for the GPS,radio,camera. The only function that seems to be usable is the GPS feature. All other features are not bright enough to easily see. What has been others experience?
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I have been disappointed with the second screen for the GPS,radio,camera. The only function that seems to be usable is the GPS feature. All other features are not bright enough to easily see. What has been others experience?
We use it on camera during daylight hours all the time we travel. It lets us know the tow is still there.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to gordons1
We just purchased a new Tour GD and the first thing we asked Lazydays to fix was the viewing angle of the rear camera. It was pointing down at the max! I now can see my tow bar and a 100' behind!
gordons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #6

DW and I arrived in Forest City for warranty repair of our shower unit which had pulled away from the walls on both sides. They got the shower repaired Wednesday.

First some bad news and then some good news:

The bad news - when the wall behind the shower along the hallway was constructed - they FORGOT to put in the "backer boards" that the shower unit screws into. It took 5 hours to fix it. Ryan had to totally unfasten the shower unit and move it (to over near the washer/dryer/toilet area to be able to access wall). VERY DISTURBING that these were "forgotten" on build! After installing the uninstalled backer boards he reattached the shower and all is well. Since no shower unit is tight to the wall along 100% of the joint Ryan agreed that the shower/wall joints need to be caulked. He'll did that with clear silicone caulk.

The good news - Customer service at Forest City is ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY AWESOME. The customer service reps are great (kudos to Rebecca, Ashley, Dusty, Tobin and Carlene). Each rig is given its very own RVIA Certified Technician who oversees EVERYTHING that is done to your unit. He is the one that you interact with beginning at 7:00 AM and returns your rig to you at 3:00 PM to tell you what they fixed and what was necessary to fix it. He rides herd on the whole process. Though others might do some of the work - HE oversees them and makes sure it is done properly. The place runs like clockwork. Our shower works wonderfully and is snug to the walls and caulked.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #7

Hey Jim,

In regards to the shower doors, their are two block door stoppers. Where are yours?

I ask for when we had seen our coach, they were "near" center of the curve. However, they were too short to even stop the door and the door would go right past it.

It got me to wondering if they were not suppose to go somewhere else. Like to stop the back part of the door from going to far. Seeing I do not have the coach, I was just kind of wondering if that is something else someone messed up putting together.

The black stoppers clearly can not stop the doors on leading edge of the door as they are too short and the door goes right on by. Woke up lasting night and though about the back edge of the door. The tech at camping world doubled up on the stopper to make it come out more...but that clearly does not sound right.

Thanks
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote