Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I had never heard of Entegra 'till they got theirs. Did some research on where they came from and how they're built, then got to see theirs. It's really a nice coach. All systems are top notch, everything is put together well, it's really hi-tech. The paint job is phenomenal. And 600hp and 2000ftlbs of torque. The semi truck drivers tell him their big trucks don't even have that much motor. They tow a Silverado 4dr 4x4.

They live in it about half the year, they come down to CA, NV, and AZ from WA state.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
We had the same issue with our (bougt new) 2013 ellipse, we did buy at camping world and did call winnebago owner relations to no avail . Our main issue is the ac poring water into the ceiling, Winnebago has thrown parts at the ac (some parts replaced more than once) they refuse to replace the offending ac unit(they being Winnebago. WINNEBAGO also refused to replace the ceiling saying nothing up there water could hurt( and here I thought soaked louan plywood does not do well when repededly soaked) Winnebago did say they would fix it if a problem showes up....but they will not put that In writing.As a final note winnebago refused to pay diagnostic charges on intermitant issues again I called winnebago owner relations they had me email a copy of the invoce so they could reimburse me so I emailed it..........No responce . So while I will buy nothing from camping world again but also Winnebago customer service level has gone down hill
Tom, many of us have suggested that you go to Forest City with your coach. With the damage that is happening it is worth the drive. The factory service team WILL fix your problem.

This is a great place to find things out and to gripe. But, after the griping, action MUST be taken by the griper to resolve the problem. I am not trying to be harsh here. Just realistic. I truly feel bad for you and your situation. I don't have great faith in any of the dealer service centers I have had business with over the years. I have only received satisfactory service from the manufacturers service center in Forest City. I even drove from Seattle, WA to Forest City with my last coach to get a roof leak fixed that I fought for several years and brought to several dealers.

The OP has legitimate complaints. I advise him do go the F. C. to get things resolved. CW is NOT the answer, and there are many posts in many threads to support my comment.

DIY is always an option on the small stuff. I just found a panel behind the bedroom door that the staples are pulling out of. I need to get out my compressor and crown staple gun to fix this problem. First I need to figure out why it happened. As I said, I just discovered this problem today.

I do hope the OP gets all of the issues fixed soon. Too often the service centers will park the coach and never look at it if you are not in the waiting room demanding to sleep in it that night. And then they find a reason to red-line it, keeping it for an extended period of time waiting for "the right part" to come in.

I love this life on the road. Keeping keeping on is the problem for many of us.

Rick
Old 03-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

We too have 2013 Tour QD with workmanship and quality issues, mainly passenger side slide out. We have been to F/C 2 times for slide out repairs also while at the GNR last year I spoke to Lippert rep about problem of opening for slide out is cut out of square, he told me exactly how workers modified templet to make their job easier therefore I feel it is not repairable should have been scrap. The tech at CS even verified it was out of square the first trip to FC nothing written on repair order. Was not long until slide out was not useable. While at the GS Rally in Atlanta we talked to Winnebago Rep. He came over to rv and verified their is a problem but no one in area could repair so back to F/C for another patch job. Made repairs and on our way back to southern NV for winter. We only use this slide out when we are going to be stationary for a length of time, absolutely not for everyday use. We are now in southern CO (not using slide out) making our way to Des Moines IA to trade our 2013 Winnebago Tour for 2014 Entegra Anthem 44B that is comming out of production soon. BTW Winnebago dealer in Forest City has posted a Utube video kinda bashing Entegra, trying to make a comparison to the Tour. Must be concerned about future Winnebago sales.
Huey428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey428 View Post
We too have 2013 Tour QD with workmanship and quality issues, mainly passenger side slide out. We have been to F/C 2 times for slide out repairs also while at the GNR last year I spoke to Lippert rep about problem of opening for slide out is cut out of square, he told me exactly how workers modified templet to make their job easier therefore I feel it is not repairable should have been scrap. The tech at CS even verified it was out of square the first trip to FC nothing written on repair order. Was not long until slide out was not useable. While at the GS Rally in Atlanta we talked to Winnebago Rep. He came over to rv and verified their is a problem but no one in area could repair so back to F/C for another patch job. Made repairs and on our way back to southern NV for winter. We only use this slide out when we are going to be stationary for a length of time, absolutely not for everyday use. We are now in southern CO (not using slide out) making our way to Des Moines IA to trade our 2013 Winnebago Tour for 2014 Entegra Anthem 44B that is comming out of production soon. BTW Winnebago dealer in Forest City has posted a Utube video kinda bashing Entegra, trying to make a comparison to the Tour. Must be concerned about future Winnebago sales.

Entegra is shaking up the luxury coach market. Their sales are through the roof. I think buyers are seeing they build an incredible coach and back it up with customer service that is hard to match.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

How sad these continuing tails of failure on the part of the Winnebago industry are. This is my second Winnebago and I, too, am having issues. I bought it used and yet I can still find quality control issues built into the unit.

Winnebago has hallmarked their coaches with boasting about the quality and excellent workmanship of the cabinets and woodwork. Well, something has failed in the boast to production phase. I have had to rebuild the bottom of one of the galley cabinets and reattach the bottom cover of one of the living room units. The crown molding is a mess and a panel in the bedroom, behind the shower, has come loose. This one may be a blessing. I want to change out the shower fixture (cheap junk) to a better one. Removing this panel will give me better access to do this.

I am very disheartened by what I am learning about the 'NEW' Winnebago products. As things stand today, my desire to encourage others to buy anything from this manufacture has faded. If I had know what I know now, before I bought this coach this past May, I would have looked for a different brand with this floor-plan. The floor-plan is what I bought, thinking the name reputation was still credible. I did not know of irv2 at the time. Had I been reading these things I would have had second thoughts.

We love our coach and, so far, it is working better and more reliably than our '05 Vectra did. But, for how long?

Tags
itasca