Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013-14 Adventurer/Suncruiser 35P

We have really been thinking about trading our beloved fiver and dually for a 35p. We really love a lot of things about that model. As well as trying to keep under 36', the 35P offered by about anyone out there that has comparable storage in the bedroom similar to our fiver.
Our biggest concern about this model is the dinette and TV area. Has anyone with a 35P tried to modified the dinette to that of one like offered in the 37F which offers the buffet/dinette with televator. Since Winnie has offer this plan since 2010, I am kind of surprised it does not at least offer this as an option. Thoughts and comments would be appreciate as well an anything else I should be cautious about in shopping for a used 35p. Thanks! Phil
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
Klc
Winnebago Camper

We love our suncruiser. And, I love the tv where it is. I'm not sure I understand why you prefer the tv differently. Ours is a 2011, gas not diesel. I keep looking at other mh layouts and lengths and haven't found any I like better. We are extremely happy with our choice.
Klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We'd prefer the TV directly across from the sofa in a buffet/dinette situation with a televator like the 37F.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We love our 35P. A little tight when the slides are in but really big when they are out. Stay away from the Contour windows if you can. The center bar blocks about a fourth of the window and right at sight level when you are setting at the dinette.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Does that model you're looking at have Lippert/Schwintek mechanism for the large slide?

If it does, that would be a definite deal breaker for me. If it doesn't, you should be good to go, just beware....

Lippert is probably on the smaller slides, and you may or may not have future problems with those. Test them out a few times, they should go in/out quietly and smoothly. Do a test drive on some rough roads and test the slides again.

Good luck,
Bill
Old 09-07-2016, 07:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
We love our 35P. A little tight when the slides are in but really big when they are out. Stay away from the Contour windows if you can. The center bar blocks about a fourth of the window and right at sight level when you are setting at the dinette.
If you're considering a 2013 be aware that there are 2 different body styles. Those built before Oct. 1, 2012 look identical to the picture on the front of the brochure:
https://winnebagoind.com/resources/b...bro_2013_x.pdf

Those built after Oct.1, 2012 look like the 2014 models:
https://winnebagoind.com/binaries/co...-digital.x.pdf

I would agree with the issue concerning the windows. If you look at the 2013 brochure the second and third pages show views from the main cabin area looking outside. There is almost no interference from the window frames.

The same views in the 2014 brochure show a wide black stripe where the lower half of the windows hinge upward. Also if you like to get air flowing through the coach on cool days the newer style windows have less than half the open area of the older ones.

Our 2013 32H has a 26' full wall slide on the drivers side. It's a Lippert mechanism and has had to be repaired twice. The last time the factory did it as a "goodwill" gesture, but I don't know if they are still repairing them at no cost to the customer.

Also note the location of the microwave in both model year units. In the 2013 it's at the top of the slideout. It's about 6" higher than the location of a microwave in a sticks and bricks house. It's probably ok if you're 6' tall. However both my wife and I are considerably shorter. This places the bottom of the carousel at chin height. Not convenient when placing or removing dishes with hot liquid.

The 2014 model has a small cabinet over the microwave. Essentially lowering it to the same height as one in a sticks and bricks house.

Both models have the cabinets in the main passenger area attached at ceiling height. They are again inconvenient for us shorty's, especially given that they are extremely deep.

All in all we love our 2013. We didn't realize the differences between the height of things in our 2001 Adventurer as opposed to this one. I noticed all the newer Adventurers have the microwave at the lower height. The 2016 and newer models also have overhead cabinets that are not as deep as those in the 2015 and earlier model years. However in 2016 the drivers door was eliminated, which is something I really like.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
we have a 2014 35p Adventurer and really like the floor plan and everything about the coach.
The TV is in a perfect spot to watch from the couch or front seats that do swivel. The surround sound is great too.
As for the Schwintek slides, my were repaired at rthe factory and knock on wood no problem so far. A lot of the 2014's are using the Power Gear slides and they seem better but they are made by Schwintek also.
As for Cabinets yes they are a little high but nothing that a small step stool can solve the problem.
DW loves the stackable washer/ dryer and the king size Sleep number bed.
All in all it is a fine coach and Winnebago is always there for you.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

jdpm, a couple of more things to add to the mix. In mid 2014 they changed the vanity top in the bathroom taking off about 2 inches in the front which gives a little more room in the bathroom when you are setting.
On 10-06-14 they changed to the new improved type slide system.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We pick up our new 2016 35P next week, can't wait. Hate to give up the good ole 33v, but time to move on.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the input thus far. Its VERY helpful.
The slide issues are a deal breaker, I believe. I found the Schintek thread here and read about the many problems people have had. I just can't deal with that. I'm one of those who NEVER operate the slides until the rig is leveled. but it sounds like it has not made a huge difference for some people. T
he toilet area is a bit of a sore spot, too. Even though we are both small framed people, the toilet area seemed a bit tight especially coming from a fiver.
If the slide system was changed October of 2014, that is probably the 2015 model year. We would not be able to afford one that new. I have seen several 2013 models well within our budget. New ones not so.
As always, these forums provide such good input and info from their members. Thanks again and anyone else please feel free to chime in. Phil
Old 09-08-2016, 05:39 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

The most recent post have be looking around on line again at pictures of the 2011-14 35P differences. I was aiming t a 2013 since Winnie added a number of improvements and standards over the 12. However, I think I discovered that 2013 must be the year that they added the Schwintek slides - at least the full wall slide. I can see the arms in phots of the 2012 models for the full wall and the dinette slide.
I guess if I decide to still go this route, I may have to refocus my attention on a 2012 instead of a 2013. The trade off will be the better more conventional slide over the updated 2013 features.

Tags
suncruiser, vent