Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2012 Tour Infotainment & Radio

It seems Winnebago made a running change in 2012 to the Infotainment/Radio. The Owner's manual indicates the functions are divided into two screens but on our coach its all in a single screen - the upper one.

We now have the lower screen completely blank. It comes on but doesn't do anything. Does anyone else have this?

I am thinking I could either remove the screen and use the area for a storage bin or perhaps pipe the TV into it for the passenger.

Thoughts?
Old 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Had the same issue...when I was at the factory they adjusted the various menu items...color ...brightness etc...and I have a 2nd screen for gps or rear camera. Before it was just blank.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Nova, in this case ditto is right. I had to have the factory reset everything. I found out the techs at the factory have to have their radio station ON while working on the coach. Messed everything up. Mades one feel really dumb until it took the fourth person to rectify everything.

Never assume your 2012 QD is exactly like the 2013 QD. Just read the thread for 2013 Tour (endless) and you will find Winnebago made a lot of seen (thermostat) and unseen (jacks) changes.

My opinion only, the 2012 Tour is a more proven product than the 2013 Tour. As far as the screen, well if you haven't seen the thriving Forrest City, Iowa, it may be in your future.

Kerry (2012 Tour, dark ruby)
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I ran into a person that had everything on his sony screen but nothing on his Infotainment screen. It was really messed up. With patience, it can be corrected. I just keep pushing the settings buttons but sometimes they have three "pages."
Hi Kerry.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Well guys just to add to this thread, this problem is not confined to just 2012 or 2013 but is also on the 2011 42 Tour. I have yet to get anything on the lower screen. I am going to call River Park which is the distributor for this set up tomorrow and will report back as to what I find is the solution.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Dennis is right.

The control of the sony screen is through one of the settings pages on the infotainment screen.

Personally, I think the sony screen is too small to be useful for anything, but I use it for the rear view camera anyway.

I also struggle with the brightness settings for the color rear camera. My previous coach, a Journey, had a black/white camera, and the view was better.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

UPDATE: I spoke with the tech at River Park today. After walking me through some exercises with the input on the Sony monitor two things became apparent. First, either a cable has come unplugged or the monitor is bad. I will take off the dash cover to see about the cable first and if I find they are plugged in then it is the monitor. I learned from him to get the rear camera from the top (infotainment center) to the lower you use the input button on the sony and that should pull it to the lower monitor. I hope that helps and I will post an update when I get the dash cover off.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
UPDATE: I spoke with the tech at River Park today. After walking me through some exercises with the input on the Sony monitor two things became apparent. First, either a cable has come unplugged or the monitor is bad. I will take off the dash cover to see about the cable first and if I find they are plugged in then it is the monitor. I learned from him to get the rear camera from the top (infotainment center) to the lower you use the input button on the sony and that should pull it to the lower monitor. I hope that helps and I will post an update when I get the dash cover off.
My Sony screen comes on. It just says no input so I know it works. I will try the above. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Sorry Nova if I did not make myself clear. To clarify, like you, I have power, get a blue screen and when I use the input button on the Sony all I get is Aux 1 or Aux 2, that is it. That is when River Park said it is either a cable that has come unplugged or the monitor is bad. When I get a moment, I will take off the dash cover and check for the loose cable. Hope it is a loose cable. Hope that helps clarify my earlier post.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve COH View Post
Dennis is right. The control of the sony screen is through one of the settings pages on the infotainment screen. Personally, I think the sony screen is too small to be useful for anything, but I use it for the rear view camera anyway. I also struggle with the brightness settings for the color rear camera. My previous coach, a Journey, had a black/white camera, and the view was better.
Agreed on this solution, as on our 2011 Tour and our newer 2014 Itasca Ellipse, the same issue regarding no video on the smaller aux/secondary monitor was fortunately only a matter of selecting the video source for the 'Aux Zone' under Settings on our primary Infotainment monitor, and selecting the appropriate Input on the small monitor. Good luck on resolving your video issue.
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKW View Post
Agreed on this solution, as on our 2011 Tour and our newer 2014 Itasca Ellipse, the same issue regarding no video on the smaller aux/secondary monitor was fortunately only a matter of selecting the video source for the 'Aux Zone' under Settings on our primary Infotainment monitor, and selecting the appropriate Input on the small monitor. Good luck on resolving your video issue.
This is the same way mine works. I can put any screen or function on either screen but I must control it all from the lower unit the upper on mine is only a monitor. I usually use the lower for camera & the upper for GPS. However when I turn on a turn signal the upper & lower become camera monitors. which is not very useful when using the turn signal & wanting to know if you are making the correct turn per the gps. I also use my Garmin which is much more reliable for directions, I have had them both give me opposite directions. I tend to use the Garmin in that case & then the onboard gps catches up.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
This is the same way mine works. I can put any screen or function on either screen but I must control it all from the lower unit the upper on mine is only a monitor. I usually use the lower for camera & the upper for GPS. However when I turn on a turn signal the upper & lower become camera monitors. which is not very useful when using the turn signal & wanting to know if you are making the correct turn per the gps. I also use my Garmin which is much more reliable for directions, I have had them both give me opposite directions. I tend to use the Garmin in that case & then the onboard gps catches up.
Interesting and perplexing issue for sure when making a turn and the GPS is equally crucial but not displayed temporarily. Fortunately I have found that when using picture-in-picture (PIP) on the 10-inch monitor for GPS and camera they both remain on screen even when using a signal, and despite which camera I have selected, when I activate the turn signal the correct camera switches in view and then the original camera is restored when the signal stops. Really nice. In fact, I typically have the right mirror camera displayed in PIP to see my spacing to the lane strip or road edge, and can see on ramps much clearer. The smaller monitor has the rear camera displayed continuously. At least that is the capability of the 2014 Itasca Ellipse.
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Interesting and perplexing issue for sure when making a turn and the GPS is equally crucial but not displayed temporarily. Fortunately I have found that when using picture-in-picture (PIP) on the 10-inch monitor for GPS and camera they both remain on screen even when using a signal, and despite which camera I have selected, when I activate the turn signal the correct camera switches in view and then the original camera is restored when the signal stops. Really nice. In fact, I typically have the right mirror camera displayed in PIP to see my spacing to the lane strip or road edge, and can see on ramps much clearer. The smaller monitor has the rear camera displayed continuously. At least that is the capability of the 2014 Itasca Ellipse.
I do have the ability to have PIP on the lower screen, but for me it is too small. I don't think I have the ability to set either side view camera without the turnsignal switched on.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Just getting back to this. Yes that worked. Thanks. I think I will keep the camera on the lower monitor.

Tags
radio