Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2012 adventurer 35F

Interested in purchasing a 2012 adventurer so I am curious of present owners. What are your thought of not being able to use the bed without opening slide. When we travel we usually stay one night in a Wally world parking lot and we dont open slides so I think this may be a problem. It's also pretty tight going from front seat to rear when slides are closed. Other area of concern is the awning is so high that I feel will not block much sun while sitting outside.
Marcusp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Marcusp- Buy the Itasca (made by winnebago) Sunstar 35F. It has a bath and 1/2.
No need to crawl over the bed to go potty.
steve258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I think that model would be unacceptable for the use your going to use it for. There has to other makes or models better suited for your use. The electric awnings on a lot of makes and models do not offer good shade. The ones I have seen are not adjustable like the old manual awnings of old.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The awning on my new MH is adjustable and my 2008 Winnebago Voyage was not
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusp View Post
Interested in purchasing a 2012 adventurer so I am curious of present owners. What are your thought of not being able to use the bed without opening slide. When we travel we usually stay one night in a Wally world parking lot and we dont open slides so I think this may be a problem. It's also pretty tight going from front seat to rear when slides are closed. Other area of concern is the awning is so high that I feel will not block much sun while sitting outside.
I'm not sure why you don't use the slides when overnighting at Wal-Mart. When the store gives you permission to park overnight, they expect you to use your RV like an RV. Common sense always prevails. You wouldn't park in the middle of the lot but off to the side, where told to park. Your slides will not be in the way. So, that problem is solved. Don't know about the awning, sorry.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2007 37B with the bed orientation similar to what you are looking at. We use the bed with the slides closed when traveling and occasionally when parked. Person on far side has to crawl over, but that doesn't present too much of an issue.

What makes you think the bed is not usable when the slides are closed?

As for the awning, did you actually get to open it on the coach? I had the same assumption on ours before we bought it until I opened it fully. It extends then tips down, so more than enough coverage.
swreeder70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Our 2005 adventurer has the bed sideways in the bedroom and two slides. no big deal to climb over if need be. Or just open the foot-side slide to walk around and get into the drawers.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by swreeder70
I have a 2007 37B with the bed orientation similar to what you are looking at. We use the bed with the slides closed when traveling and occasionally when parked. Person on far side has to crawl over, but that doesn't present too much of an issue.

What makes you think the bed is not usable when the slides are closed?

As for the awning, did you actually get to open it on the coach? I had the same assumption on ours before we bought it until I opened it fully. It extends then tips down, so more than enough coverage.
My current Motorhome is just like your describing. The 35F has an electric lift bed and due to having a full wall slide and a bed head board are slide the bed must be in the full upright position. I am 6'2 and no way could I sleep like that...
Marcusp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusp View Post
My current Motorhome is just like your describing. The 35F has an electric lift bed and due to having a full wall slide and a bed head board are slide the bed must be in the full upright position. I am 6'2 and no way could I sleep like that...
Interesting! They must have slightly different bed options in different years/models. Our bed is a Sleep Number and it touches the headboard and closet drawers when the slides are in, but doesn't change the size, shape or layout. I'm 6'1" and have a little room to spare with the slides in.
swreeder70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

You can always open the rear slide like a foot or so. We do this on our street at home if it's parked out front. Sticks out so little it's hard to notice.

Some of the electric awnings tilt down further than others. Ours was one of the high ones and I didn't like it either so I re-drilled the pivot points and reconfigured the arms so it drops a couple feet more than it did. Probably not a DIY for most owners.

All modern motorhomes are designed to be used with the slides out. Take a look at a new Tour 42 with the three slides all in. Pretty hard to even walk thru it. But do-able in a pinch and as mentioned they don't have to be all the way out.

BTW, the Adventurer is the top gas coach on the market, you cannot do any better. The driver door is a top feature left out on most coaches. The 35U is the same basic floor plan as our 31W and it's outstanding.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote