Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2010 Tour bed wont retract any ideas?

Cant get our bed to retract so the slide wont go in either ? Circuit breakers are in. Good battery power. Manuals dont give you a clue how to manually retract the bed. Any ideas.
Tpflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

bump the left corner of the bed, sometimes mine sticks and needs a bump to get it going, same thing with it folded up and then the slide wont come in, bumping the bed makes it contack the switch and then it will retract in, good luck
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Try pull the headboard toward you... usually it will then retract.
When you have time remove the mattress , use flashlight thru hole in plywood to locate the pressure switch attached to your bed frame. Winni usually strips these 3 screws so replace with #12 self drill in forward most position...
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the suggestions. I pulled the mattress off the bed and depressed the limit switch plunger to fake the slide into thinking the bed was retracted. Had my son-in-law hit the switch to close the slide and the slide moved in. We let it come in about 6 inches and then hit the switch to put the slide all the way back out. The bed retracted normally after that. Tried it a couple of times to make sure when I got back home and it worked every time. Not sure why it failed to come up. Sure wish i had a good electrical diagram so i could see just how the protection system is wired!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Tom,
Does the Tour have a "travel lock?" A switch that locks the top of the slide in through a mechanism.

The "travel lock," is pretty much an exclusive design on Winnebago's.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I had the same issue. Lift the plywood mattress support up. Have a stick ready to support it. You can then trace out the limit switch wires easily. I moved mt switch for the bed limit 1/2 inch and that was that.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpflyer View Post
... Sure wish i had a good electrical diagram so i could see just how the protection system is wired!
You should be able to find full wiring diagrams for your coach here: Wiring Diagrams

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Tom,
Does the Tour have a "travel lock?" A switch that locks the top of the slide in through a mechanism.

The "travel lock," is pretty much an exclusive design on Winnebago's.
Wayne I do have travel locks but only on the two forward slides. The two aft slides in the bedroom do not have travel locks on them.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl

You should be able to find full wiring diagrams for your coach here: Wiring Diagrams
Thanks i have downloaded a copy to my ipad. They are great if you are trying to find out what a particular wire is for or where a component is located but i was unable to find a wiring schematic that shows how the system is wired. They show some in the instructions but i couldn't find one for the 12v coach system. Did I just miss it?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpflyer View Post
Thanks i have downloaded a copy to my ipad. They are great if you are trying to find out what a particular wire is for or where a component is located but i was unable to find a wiring schematic that shows how the system is wired. They show some in the instructions but i couldn't find one for the 12v coach system. Did I just miss it?
I noticed that there wasn't a 12 volt wiring diagram (vs installation). There is one for my 2005 coach. You might give Winnebago Owner Relations a call--perhaps they can provide one.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl

I noticed that there wasn't a 12 volt wiring diagram (vs installation). There is one for my 2005 coach. You might give Winnebago Owner Relations a call--perhaps they can provide one.
Good idea!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I contacted Winnegago support and they sent me a Complete set of wiring and installation diagrams for the retractable bed. They we very helpful and accomodating! If anyone has a tour with a retractable bed and would like a copy let me know and i would be happy to send them or post them here!