Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2009 Winnebago Destination

We are looking to purchase a 2009 Winnebago Destination with a Cummings Diesel and would like any input good or bad, including any milage figures.

erniep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Erniep,
To my knowledge, the only year that Winnebago made the Destination models was 2008, for both the 39W and 39G.

Others may have been luckier than we have because we have had major problems with the "house" systems, like jacks, slides, leaks. All repairable, but so, so frustrating to have happen. The price on the 2008 models for re-sale have been between $103k and $116k, depending on dealers with PPL motorhomes in Houston having the lower pricing.

I'm sorry to say that any future purchases by us will not be in that line of models. But that is just us. Others have not have had the misfortunes as we have.

Good luck, and ask the dealer again what year the Destination is.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Erniep,
To my knowledge, the only year that Winnebago made the Destination models was 2008, for both the 39W and 39G............
Good luck, and ask the dealer again what year the Destination is.
Wayne M :
According to the Winnebago website (archives) the Destination was offerred as a 2009 model in three floor plans- 37G, 39W, 39N. From the brochure pictures, they appear to have the more "traditional" styled cabinets-not the Euro / yacht style used in the 2008 models.

The Destination / Lattitude products were introduced as 2008 models on both WCC gas and FCCC diesel chassis in only the 37G and 39W floor plans.
Ed
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago makes a good product, so that's a plus. The Cummins diesel is a very reliable power plant and a good choise as well. Mileage I would assume in talking with others about 8mpg. Of course that depends on how heavy the foot might be. Good Luck I hope it all works out for you.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Ed,
You are correct (Darn! Did I have to say that!).

I looked at the Brochure (Googled it.) The lines are more square as you stated. The kitchen is a big improvement. The 2008 stove is flush with the counter top so the burners are above by 3 inches. Impossible to put a "stove cover" on it. We found a nice cutting board that covers all the burners when not in use so there is more counter space.

Hopefully the 2009 had the bugs that were prevalent in the 2008 ironed out.

As stated, the chassis and power train are great. My typical average is 8.9 mpg. I have had as high as 11(flatland and tail wind) and as low as 7.6 (mountains) One trip East had me at 10.6 all the way to Alabama, then I started the rolling hills and mountains. By the time we hit Gaffney, SC I was down to 9.2 mpg.

Good luck in any purchase. And remember, there is no perfect MH. They all have a problem or two.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the input. It was real helpful.

Ernie
erniep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to be late to the party - We own a 2009 Destination 37G and could not be happier. Our original was a 1999 Adventurer 34V, so we gained a little in length. We purchased ours new in May 2010, have put just short of 10K on it. The "major" problems were chassis related and not coach related. We had a front wheel bearing seal leak in the first 2K, the engine brake not connected, batteries not charging, leak in the chassis A/C unit. On the coach side, we had to have the toilet flange shortened to cease a rocking toilet, a floor tile had to be replaced due to improper install, cabinet doors had to be realigned, slide toppers retensioned and the door latch adjusted.
Other then that it is a great motorhome. Mileage goes from 6.6 to 8.6 depending on the wind, while towing a 2008 Jeep Liberty. We paid in the $150K range new. MSRP was in the $200K range.
The big difference between the 2008 and 2009 was the interior cabinet design (2008 rounded, 2009 square) and the headlights. Recently talked to a 2009 39N Latitude owner and they love theirs. Ours is powered by a 340HP Cummins.

Happy Travels

Tags
winnebago