Old 10-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

The 34Y has a really great layout. Not a coach to fulltime in for sure unless you travel light! For the weekender or two-week vacationer family I think it's a great rig.

Fridge on the slide - no problem. Ours is on the slide and works great. I realize there are there some who have cooling (venting-related) problems, but just because the fridge is on the slide is not an automatic problem.

I like our Euro-lounger (and Jane says it doesn't fit her frame - yea!) and the couch is comfortable for both of us.

Honestly - 35 or 40 feet isn't much of a difference. We first drove the 36' Vectra and then a 40' and there wasn't much difference in the two as far as driving intimidation goes (we were brand-new to the scene at the time.)
We love our washer/dryer. Our full-length queen bed is fine for months at a time.

We have poked around many state, national, COE, and Forest Service parks in scouting missions with the Jeep to check for suitability for our 40'. My conclusion is if you want to be *certain* you will fit virtually anywhere, stick to 26' or below. 35' or 40' really places you in a "maybe" class of fitting into a non-commercial campground.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #30
Winnebago Watcher

I looked at the coach,34Y, very carefully at the Pomona show. Really liked it with one exception.
Not enough outside storage. Could not even begin to store tools, lawn chairs, BBQ, fishing tackle ect even for one month trips. The TV arrangement wors ok for me.

fishboat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fishboat1:
I looked at the coach,34Y, very carefully at the Pomona show. Really liked it with one exception.
Not enough outside storage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm going again this weekend and will go back and check the storage. Unless I'm confusing it with something else I remember it having at least twice the storage of the 34H.

EDIT: Man, what was I thinking about? The 34Y is 1/2 or less the external storage of the 34H!! There was a couple that owns a 32T there at the same time and they couldn't believe how little space it had too. Even theirs has more external storage.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote