Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

I looked at the 39 Adventurer Limited at Lazy Days in Florida last Monday 4/14. It was on the lot with the slides in and very dirty from the delivery trip south. It was a vast improvement over the Destination.
I went back today to look at the cleaned up product and it had been SOLD.
The Destination's still sit there. What does that tell Winnebago.
I would guess the general public wants a more conventional coach.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #42
Winnebago Master

Yes, General tells me they have 8 Destination/Latitudes. The say their Ebay price is their cost. And yes, they aren't moving.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tderonne:
Yes, General tells me they have 8 Destination/Latitudes. The say their Ebay price is their cost. And yes, they aren't moving.
They look like something from an Iron Giant cartoon and the quality of the molded plywood cabinetry was a bit dissapointing in every Destination I looked at so no surprise there.

Maybee I am a bit too critical comming from the millwork industry however we had to much pride to put out anything like what I've seen inside a Destination.

The Adventurer offering from the photos looks much more palatable.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #44
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Whaler:
.....it seems that Winne has lifted the 'only MSRP' rule in print for UFO gas Destinations and Lattitudes.See General RV up in Michigan.
Good eye Whaler. I see Lewis RV in Dayton, OH is also showing discounted pricing on the Latitude, ~$144k. Lewis RV is the dealer Winnebago came down hard on 2 or 3 years ago for advertising less than MSRP.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Wow, thanks Tom. I had wondered whether this was just hype or if Winnebago really did prohibit dealers from posting their sales price. Frankly, I think it should be illegal. The dealers bought the coach from Winnebago to sell. Free enterprise should work from there. One problem I have today with trying to get back in the market, is getting a fair price from dealers. But I appreciate knowing Lewis is up and up when they say they are prohibited.