Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

2008 Adventurer® Limited

The 2008 Adventurer Limited is a special edition vehicle loaded with key features and available in two exciting floorplans – the 242" WB 37GL and 262" WB 39WL.

Standard Features:

<LI> Workhorse UFO™ gas pusher chassis yields pusher benefits and performance with gas chassis convenience and pricing
<LI> Enhanced exterior designs create a unique special edition look
<LI> Traditional stile-and-rail cabinetry in Sierra Maple
<LI> Corian® galley countertops
<LI> UltraLeather™ six-way power assist driver's seat
<LI> UltraLeather passenger seat with footrest
<LI> UltraLeather Rest Easy® sofa
<LI> UltraLeather Euro Recliner
<LI> Stainless steel microwave convection oven
<LI> Four-door refrigerator with icemaker and Titanium Touch™
<LI> A&E® patio awning with wind sensor
<LI> Front protective mask
<LI> Rearview/sideview cameras and monitor
<LI> Full-body paint, "Dusk" and "Mocha Frost"
<LI> BenchMark® dinette w/adjustable Dream Dinette™ table

This coach is in a mid-year entry into Winnebago Industries product line. There is no speculation as of this writing regarding whether or not it will be retained going forward in 2009. One big item of interest we often see on the radar screen is whether or not Winnebago Industries will make a shorter wheel base coach in the 33 to 35 foot range on a Workhorse powered UFO. Now that's something I think is long over due and its something I believe that we can all agree on.

Standard features include, flat floor, push button 6 speed shifting, adjustable brake and gas pedals, 18 inch leather wrapped steering wheel

One thing that we can do as this product is launched is to try and see this floorplan and write feedback in these forums about your likes and dislikes regarding the "Limited Edition". In my opinion I believe this style of coach is what we've all been waiting for. Bullet #3 above even makes note of the fact that "Traditional stile-and-rail cabinetry" is being used in this coach. This is basically what traditional style owners wanted and better yet it's on a UFO.

The front cap redesign is truly a "Limited" look and on an Adventurer body is quite striking!

The only thing that is shown as optional equipment is a King Dome HD ready satellite dome, a freestanding dinette and 4 chairs and the washer dryer combination. This coach is truly loaded!

Please stay tuned to this thread, I'll be putting up a link to a preliminary product brochure shortly. (PDF)

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 04-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

2008 Adventurer® Limited

The 2008 Adventurer Limited is a special edition vehicle loaded with key features and available in two exciting floorplans – the 242" WB 37GL and 262" WB 39WL.

Standard Features:

<LI> Workhorse UFO™ gas pusher chassis yields pusher benefits and performance with gas chassis convenience and pricing
<LI> Enhanced exterior designs create a unique special edition look
<LI> Traditional stile-and-rail cabinetry in Sierra Maple
<LI> Corian® galley countertops
<LI> UltraLeather™ six-way power assist driver's seat
<LI> UltraLeather passenger seat with footrest
<LI> UltraLeather Rest Easy® sofa
<LI> UltraLeather Euro Recliner
<LI> Stainless steel microwave convection oven
<LI> Four-door refrigerator with icemaker and Titanium Touch™
<LI> A&E® patio awning with wind sensor
<LI> Front protective mask
<LI> Rearview/sideview cameras and monitor
<LI> Full-body paint, "Dusk" and "Mocha Frost"
<LI> BenchMark® dinette w/adjustable Dream Dinette™ table

This coach is in a mid-year entry into Winnebago Industries product line. There is no speculation as of this writing regarding whether or not it will be retained going forward in 2009. One big item of interest we often see on the radar screen is whether or not Winnebago Industries will make a shorter wheel base coach in the 33 to 35 foot range on a Workhorse powered UFO. Now that's something I think is long over due and its something I believe that we can all agree on.

Standard features include, flat floor, push button 6 speed shifting, adjustable brake and gas pedals, 18 inch leather wrapped steering wheel

One thing that we can do as this product is launched is to try and see this floorplan and write feedback in these forums about your likes and dislikes regarding the "Limited Edition". In my opinion I believe this style of coach is what we've all been waiting for. Bullet #3 above even makes note of the fact that "Traditional stile-and-rail cabinetry" is being used in this coach. This is basically what traditional style owners wanted and better yet it's on a UFO.

The front cap redesign is truly a "Limited" look and on an Adventurer body is quite striking!

The only thing that is shown as optional equipment is a King Dome HD ready satellite dome, a freestanding dinette and 4 chairs and the washer dryer combination. This coach is truly loaded!

Please stay tuned to this thread, I'll be putting up a link to a preliminary product brochure shortly. (PDF)

Old 04-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Think you can arrange to have the 37GL for inspection & test drives at the MB Fall Rally?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

If I can get Camper County here in Myrtle Beach to get one, I think I might be able to convince them to bring it on over to Ocean Lakes so we can all have a look see.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Do my eyes deceive me or did they eliminate the Stor More feature on the left side compartments??

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Old 04-10-2008, 02:32 AM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
Do my eyes deceive me or did they eliminate the Stor More feature on the left side compartments?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bud, It looks that way but perhaps but the observation should be did Winnebago make the pass through storage area under the coach available to the owner since this is a rear engined coach? I don't believe that there are Stor-Mor equipped coaches that have pass through capability directly from the Store-Mor compartment. Pass through storage is certainly a desirable feature on lots Class A RDP coaches according to their owners.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

If I had a choice between pass thru storage or Store More, I would select Store More. One must have slide out trays on a pass thru to make them really usable, and I'm finding out that the I carry too much junk on my rig and the current storage that I have is adequate, and I should de-load. Whenever I do a walk thru and I show the left side cabinets getting down under the slide is getting harder and harder to do... I guess old age kicks in. Just my thoughts from an old RVer...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Old 04-10-2008, 04:17 AM   #8
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
... I guess old age kicks in. Just my thoughts from an old RVer... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Captain Bud, You're not that old to us and "Yes" the Store-Mor feature is a nice feature.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Looks very nice....an Adventurer in Vectra/Horizon dress . Will be interesting to see the posted CCC's for these coaches.

Do my eyes deceive me or are there no cup holders anywhere near the driver? If it is a mid entry coach, would think a nice center console would be in order.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

As stated in the previous post on the Adventurer UFO, Lazy Days has one on the lot. It is not shown on the web site as yet, but keep you eyes peeled for it. Stock # is 1006497

I expect to be at LD next week and will be all over the unit.

The Store-More feature appears to be gone on the model. The slide mechanism looks to be the electric model.

Another question I have is there a drivers door. Does not look like it from picture above showing driving compartment.

Is there a UFO Suncruiser floating around out there??
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 04-10-2008, 05:20 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Smlranger,
There appears to be a small bottle of water (small holder???) on the dash at the left side of the steering wheel. But as noted by depchief, no driver's door.

Best,
Old 04-10-2008, 08:24 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Doesn't the 6 speed push button eliminate any possibility of a driver's door?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Looking at the interior picture, I would say there is no door. That I would miss, I use mine all the time.

Did not notice,is there any type of grade braking This I will check out when at LD's
"Everyone Goes Home"
Old 04-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #14
iRV2 Marketing

Here's the PDF file I spoke about!

2008 Winnebago Adventurer Limited

Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Lazy Days website has a few 38' Adventurers with MSRPs around $180K (Separate comment - YIKES!). They have a 39WL (the new limited model) at $170K. $10K could easily be just options. It does make me wonder, how do a W26 and a UFO 26K chassis price out? The individual pieces are roughly the same, they are just laid out different. Same price, right?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Mike!

Must admit, I'm disappointed with the 37GL floorplan.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

If you guys don't mind a Fleetwood person nosing in here I've got an opinion on the 39WL floorplan. Since it looks to be the same as the 39W on a Destination, I'll put in my 2-cents worth.

I got to see that floorplan on a Destination that was at our local RV show. With the
curb-side slide being farther back, you do, at least, gain back some under-the-awning patio space that's been lost on a lot of the MH's that have curb-side slides that are farther forward.

To me, the bath seemed a bit cramped & I didn't care for the swing door on the kitchen side. If they put pocket doors for the other side of the bath & to close off the bedroom, why not keep the continuity & do the same all around? Although, the swing door did allow for a 3-bar door mounted towel rack there, which wouldn't have been possible with a pocket door. Also, it seemed kind of unnerving to have doors on both sides of the toilet. The closest feeling I had for that was one of "exposure". I guess I'm just used to having only 1 door on my bathroom.

The microwave/convection oven was placed under the cooktop (instead of above it). I thought this was an interesting idea, but, the more I thought about its use, I didn't like thinking about having to bend down all the time to use it. For an item that gets as much use as ours does, having it in the lower cabinetry was not convenient.

The king-size bed was a nice feature. With the queen-size, yes, the nightstand on the one side was bigger, but I prefer more room in the bed than more room on a nightstand.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the 39W(L)floorplan. A bit more than 2-cents worth, but I hope it helps to hear impressions, even if from the owner of a non-Winnebago.

L-
Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #18
iRV2 Marketing

Check the PDF in this post for product descriptions.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Hey Driver,do you have anything on that new smaller UFO?How do you think it will compare cost-wise,$$$ with the W-22 chassis or whichever Workhorse chassis it measures up to? And finally,who's buying?

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Old 04-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #20
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
Hey Driver,do you have anything on that new smaller UFO?How do you think it will compare cost-wise,$$$ with the W-22 chassis or whichever Workhorse chassis it measures up to? And finally,who's buying?
Whaler, If I could answer that question exactly - I'd have to be using a crystal ball. I do know this, the 22K UFO chassis is coming. It is more attractive price wise and yet still yields the best functionality of the UFO platform.

Some of the equipment we might see on the 22K UFO "maybe" an Allison transmission rated for 22K, 235 series XRV tires, fixed gas and brake pedals, & a 75 gallon fuel tank.

I can't comment yet on who is building on the 22K however look for it under 33 to 35 foot boxes. (perhaps with a FWS (I hope!))
Closed Thread