Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2007 Journey 34h Air bags?

Is there some way to let the air bags down so I can fit the coach into my garage building...My door opening measures 11' 7" high and so does the coach (2007 Journey 34h) ? It would be so nice to have the RV inside when we are not using it!
I guess what I am asking, is there a manual way to deflate they air bags?
buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I can do it by just turning on the HWH system. Course ours is an older model.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

air bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
I can do it by just turning on the HWH system. Course ours is an older model.
How does that work? Is the leveling system involved with the air bags?
Old 12-06-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

There should be a dump button, at least there is on mine be the leveling jack system. Don't know if this will help you though as with the engine running they refill. Would hate to see you crunch the MH top. I would see if the door could be made higher. Just saying.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Attempting to drive the vehicle with the airbags deflated can cause problems with the drive shaft because of the sharp change in angle due to the very short shaft--it's not recommended. Front wheels also may interfere with fender edges if the wheels are turned with the bags deflated.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Something new! So I tried it. Both Chris and Ray are on the mark.

Under the driver elbow, aft of your cup holder is your HWH touch pad. There is a button labeled "Manual Dump". Press it and you will hear the air release and your coach will settle several inches lower.

When I shifted into "D" or "R" and started to move, the air bags filled. Pretty quickly.

Interesting experiment. Never had the occasion to try to move after having dumped the bags before.

Normal routine is to pull in, leave engine idling while I jump out and install tire covers (because if you dump first, it is difficult to fit your hands between the tire and fender edges), electric, water, jump back in, manual dump, level, run out the slides, shut down the engine. Miller time!

Nope. We do not deploy the sewerage unless we intend to dump, then we immediately re-stow.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by buford View Post
How does that work? Is the leveling system involved with the air bags?

Ours does not have a "Dump" button. It just automatically dumps the air when you energize the HWH system.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

The variety of touch pads HWH uses to control 4 simple hydraulic rams is interesting.

On these 2007's there is a Auto Level pressure switch next to the Manual dump. I stopped using it long ago. My conceit is that I can manually level faster and better.

However, if you touch Auto Level, it will initiate air dump, then start hunting for level.

You can also extend the leveling rams without touching either Auto Level or Manual Dump. We utilize that feature when we pull into a spot for one night that is level, we want to save set-up and departure time, and we just need to have the levelers touch the ground to minimize rocking.

Finally, the Auto Level feature, should you like it, can be initiated on a panel near the entry door and a panel inside the hotel services compartment. Never use either.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Is there some way to let the air bags down so I can fit the coach into my garage building...My door opening measures 11' 7" high and so does the coach (2007 Journey 34h) ? It would be so nice to have the RV inside when we are not using it!
I guess what I am asking, is there a manual way to deflate they air bags?
Something you might consider if you don't find the answer. Find the wire that energizes the "fill the bags mode" and install a switch in this wire. After dumping cut this switch off. This should make it not start filling when you crank up. We did similar to make the steps stay out so we could drive up on ramps to raise our unit for servicing.
ns09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:22 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns09 View Post
Something you might consider if you don't find the answer. Find the wire that energizes the "fill the bags mode" and install a switch in this wire. After dumping cut this switch off. This should make it not start filling when you crank up. We did similar to make the steps stay out so we could drive up on ramps to raise our unit for servicing.
Anyone know how to identify the wire that energizes the "fill the bags mode" ?
I would like to try this suggestion to make my air bags fill manually...Thanks, Buford.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Anyone know how to identify the wire that energizes the "fill the bags mode" ?
I would like to try this suggestion to make my air bags fill manually...Thanks, Buford.
Not sure it would work to fill the bags, but to keep from filling the bags, you might look for the fuse that controls this circuit. You could just pull this fuse after the air was let out, or install a switch in the fuse line, to keep from having to pull the fuse.
ns09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey