Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Were kind of new to this forum and thought we would try it out.
We just purchased a new 2007 Suncruiser 35L about 2 months ago and thought we would ask a couple of question's.
1. Does anyone here have the Itasca Suncruiser with the king size bed? We have found little
info about this model on the web.
2. Winnebago changed the ceiling decor from carpet to a vinyl. Ours is puffing out. The dealer says they can fix it. Warranty work. Has anyone had this happen?
3. Why did they change to viny? Our 98 Suncruiser had the carpet and it was very nice.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin & Dawn
Kevin & Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

We just purchased a new 2007 Suncruiser 35L about 2 months ago and thought we would ask a couple of question's.
1. Does anyone here have the Itasca Suncruiser with the king size bed? We have found little
2. Winnebago changed the ceiling decor from carpet to a vinyl. Ours is puffing out. The dealer says they can fix it. Warranty work. Has anyone had this happen?
3. Why did they change to viny? Our 98 Suncruiser had the carpet and it was very nice.
Thanks in advance.
Kevin & Dawn
Old 07-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #3

The Sightseer and Voyage models along with the new Destination/Latitude have the "carpet" type material on the ceilings. The other models have the vinyl cushioned material (which I believe adds a bit of insulation).

I haven't seen many Suncruiser 35L owners on here, but there are lots of Sightseer 35L model owners on this forum....Im sure they will pipe in here....

WELCOME to the forum!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin & Dawn:
Thanks in advance.

Kevin & Dawn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The old style was the padded vinyl which usually did not puff out for many years. The newer style carpet has its own problems of wrinkling at the ceiling panel seams every four feet.

Each one is a compromise. The fabric can start to wrinkle within a few short years but stays up while the vinyl usually takes longer to act up but once it does you usually have to replace the errant section. The sponge rubber backing on the vinyl makes it hard to re-attach while the unbacked carpet may be reglued in spots.

My carpeted headliner didn't act up until the coach was cleaned by the dealer. They wet shampooed the carpet and did not dry it enough before finishing. The extra dampness effected the headliner badly.

The vinyl does not hold up as well if left out in the sun and the coach is not ventilated or marginally air conditioned when you live in areas such as Sunny Florida.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hey! Congrats on the new coach...I wish we had the king size bed. We haven't had any issues wiht the celing material. We have a Voyage 33v
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:24 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Kevin and Dawn:

Welcome to the forum . As you've seen already, you will get lot's of responses and help on this forum. Congrats on your new rig and please come back here often with your questions, suggestions and to share your RV experiences with us.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin & Dawn:
Why did they change to viny? Our 98 Suncruiser had the carpet and it was very nice. Kevin & Dawn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 2005 34A with the 'carpet' ceiling covering; I don't know why Winnebago changed to the vinyl covering but I have seen it. It looks like maybe it wouldn't absorb moisture and odors as easily as the carpet type. It also looks like it would clean up easier too. I like it and wish mine had the vinyl...

Welcome aboard!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I hope I'm sending this correctly. Thanks for the welcome and the info. The dealer says the vinyl will be covered under warranty. Were worried about them removing cabinets, the fridge and anything else that may be in the way.
They won't be doing this for a couple of months because were going on a two week trip in August. I just hope they do a good job.
By the way, we still haven't heard from any 35L guys.
Kevin & Dawn
Old 07-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I hope I'm sending this correctly. Thanks for the welcome and the info. The dealer says the vinyl will be covered under warranty. Were worried about them removing cabinets, the fridge and anything else that may be in the way.
They won't be doing this for a couple of months because were going on a two week trip in August. I just hope they do a good job.
By the way, we still haven't heard from any 35L guys.
Kevin & Dawn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 35L is the Evolution of the 35U. They got rid of the fold down table and slid the galley and entry door forward to allow for a double pantry or a four door refridgerator. The bathroom was shortened, the sink moved aft, toilet area bulged out to make room for the sink beside it and modified to accept an angled shower stall to allow for a washer/dryer in the bedroom or a king sized bed.

For years this was the most popular floorplan ever.

This floorplan has tempted us to trade up from our 35U but our children don't like the absence of the fold down table behind the co-pilots seat. Ours has a captains chair on a seat belted pedestal there giving us an extra riding position and the fold down table is one of the most popular features with the kids.

Time will tell if the 35L takes over the popular spot that the 35U held for so long.

The 35 is just big enough and just small enough. We can get into most places our friends with their class C's can and with a whole lot more comfort and room. The private bath and shower allows access to the wardrobe closet and bedroom even if someone is in the shower which makes traveling with a crowd quite a bit easier.

Enjoy your 35L it should be as reliable as the the 35U has been for so many.