Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2007 Itasca Meridian 34H DP

I gave a hard look at this coach today. Smaller diesel which I want, and with a 350 Cat is should run very well. Are there any owners familiar with this coach and any advice for issues to check? We are seriously considering making an offer in the next couple days.

Ron
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have had our 2005 34H since 2006 (second owners). Absolutely love it! We have gone East coast to West coast, and from Florida to Canada. Love the floorplan, and we are very comfortable in it. We sometimes travel with one of our grand daughter's and we still are comfortable. Wouldn't recommend for a larger family though! Problems? Nothing out of the ordinary. Regular oil changes, just put new tires on it...oh, and the problem with the Norcold refrigerator.

Provide more specifics, and we can give you more info. There are several 34H owners on here and over on rvforum.net.
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We have the Winnie Journey, equivalent of the Meridian. Love the coach. Love the size. I've had 2 of them now. Plenty of power. Easy to maneuver. Drives like a champ.

No regrets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Well, I just got a call notifying us the coach had a previous phone deposit on it and the sale (cash) was going thru. Damn. I have located another 34H but with a 300 hp engine. I'm not sure if it would give us the similar level of satisfaction as to performance. We plan to do a fair amount of mountain travel as we are in the NW. We're definitely looking at the 34H, the wife is happy with it, so you know what that means........:-)

Ron
Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have an '07 34H with the Cummins 300 Hp ISB-02. I was a little skeptical at first but have relaxed and adjusted to it. We regularly tow a 4,000# Ford Taurus X and go up Cabbage Hill just east of Pendleton, OR at @ 45mph. My other 'test' hill was the climb going east from Laramie to Cheyenne - piece of cake. The hardest hill was, I believe Look out Pass, westbound I-90, Montana/Idaho State line. That one had me down to 35mph. On the long drive up the 'hill' between Ogden and Evanston, I am frequently in overdrive. I'd love to have Corvette performance and VW economy in our rig but have learned to slow down and smell the roses when approptiate. The Cummins may not have the torque of the Cat but it is sufficient if you adapt to it. You might even get a little better fuel mileage with the smaller engine. Be advised, you can not bump up the HP/Torque safely, the MH2500 transmission is the limiting factor.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Cool We have an '07 34H and We Love It

We have an '07 34h in the brochure colors, with the 350 Cat engine. We had an '04 Journey in the same configuration before that. We Love the coach. We've done a lot of traveling in it. We plan to do more.

However, Georgia has a really high ad-velorum tax that we have to pay every year, and there is a new one time tax program being implemented in March '13.
I'm still trying to find out if it would be advantageous to trade down, and reduce our tax burden.
Tuney-GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Just a note to bring anyone up to date on this post, we purchased a nice '07 36G Journey with 350 Cat and 22K miles and feel it will work very well, giving just a bit more storage than the 34H.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Enjoy! We love our 37H. Make sure to examine for rust on the framework that surrounds the basement compartments. If you catch it early enough (before rust through) it's an easy fix.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

My bet is you will be much happier with the longer MH

Here is some light reading for you

Welcome to the Winnebago family – the company has excellent resources online.
Brochure archive
http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/index.php
Operator Manuals
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/operatormanuals.php
Manuals & Diagrams
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/
Links on the page above to
Parts Catalog

Plumbing Diagrams
Wiring Diagrams
R.V. Parts and Accessories Catalog -
How to Identify a Motor home -