Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2007 Adventurer critter in driver door

We have stopped for 2 nights in a CG on our way to AZ. We have been on the road for 3 days. Stopped once in a Walmart.

Today noticed scratching sounds from the Driver door (Cat actually first detected). I am not sure how it got in or from where but I am wondering what I can do about it.

I am concerned it could begin to eat at the wiring in the door.

Did not hear anything the first 2 days.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
chiliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've been watching this with interest. So have 70 some odd others. It is starting to grow whiskers, with no takers. So I went to your rig's parts catalog http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...07/7wpg38j.pdf

Yep, no significant difference is our (your and ours) door design. With that, I would suggest you remove the inner door panel. Secured by sheet metal screws a few inches apart all around the perimeter. Likely some around your latching mechanism , too.

I've removed/replaced ours several times. Once out of curiosity, twice working on the latch.

With the inner panel off, you can remove your wee beastie, find and correct its entry point.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Could be a critter or could be an electrical item buzzing too. Dose that one have electric windows, heated adjustable mirrors, power door locks, etc or is it all plain mechanical?

If its a critter before opening it up first consider what it might be based on where you've been. Bee or hornet or something worse or possibly just a leaping lizard? Where I am located it could be a venomous spider or a small venomous snake but more likely mud wasps or hornets.

Please follow up with the final answer once you get it sorted out.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Well we have moved on and the next day - no more noise and no indication of anything in the Coach we don't want.

Unless something else arises, I will open the door up when we return to the base3 home in April.

There is a power window, but all seems good there. Otherwise just mechanical.

Thanks for the information and suggestions.
chiliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Mice are a good bet since they can get into very small places. Good thing is, if they don't find anything they can use they can also find there way out. Since the door seems to be a sealed compartment -- doesn't lead to ventilation or anything -- you may be okay. May want to aware of odd smells, however, in case something died in there! (Ask us how we know!)
bwodom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, door, driver, vent