Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2007 adventure 33 hydraulic lines

Owned since new & has a whopping 15,000 miles on it.All we use it for is going out to desert races & back. It's leaking from a hose fitting at the pump.I removed ,cleaned & retightned but still leaking. Traced the hose back to above fuel tank where it disappears.There's about 1 inch of room between top of tank & floor. Can't see anything even with a lighted mirror. Does anyone know whats above the tank ? Any suggestions ?
I'm dreading dropping the tank. I've consider using a threaded replacement fitting but HWH #4 hose looks smaller in diameter than most !/4 hoses I've seen.Thanks
playdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hopefully this will help:

https://www.hwhcorp.com/winnebago2007_diagrams.html

You should be able to ID the hose based on where it attaches to the pump. Your best bet is going to order an identical replacement from HWH. Hose length and size can be critical to ensure balanced pressure flows matched hoses. This is why some hoses may appear much longer than necessary. Also, the specs of the different HWH hoses are critical to their function so generic replacements may be problematical. Don't be tempted to shorten them. The HWH part numbers should be imprinted on a plastic sleeve near the fittings. The part number will also help ID the hose's function. If they're difficult to read, I've found that taking a photo with a digital camera or cell phone can help in that you can adjust the contrast to make it readable.

Azpete is a Winnieowners member who works for HWH and has been a big help to me and others. You might want to PM him for advice.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

2007 adventur 33 hydraulic lines

Thank you Bob
I'll take a look.
playdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Oh my goodness, I may be in trouble! I had a hose blow off of a fitting and got stranded with a slide extended. I had a mobile mechanic come out and he removed the hose, returned it to his shop, had a shorter, replacement hose made and he then re-installed it. Seems to work OK now. I hope I will have no trouble down the line with it. It seems that with a sealed system, all pressure will equalize throughout the system. Anybody have any thoughts?
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

You'd think that length wouldn't be critical but it depends on the line if length makes an issue. You should ID the hose in question and contact azpete, a Winnieowners member. See my post #2. He will know for sure.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Contact Azpete

Very knowledgeable and from HWH
Contact Azpete

IMHO - As an engineer, I can't see any reason for hose length to be an issue. It's a closed system with only fluid in the lines. It's not like you have to wait for flow when the pump is on. The fluid starts to flow instantly, regardless of the length, when the hoses cannot expand.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I had the same problem with my 2007! In that year HWH had another company make their hose connectors and they weren't able to take the heat. I had two of them blow off.

Step 1 is to replace the hoses (and connectors), and then, in mine at least, put a heat shield over the manifold. No more problems.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
MHO - As an engineer, I can't see any reason for hose length to be an issue. It's a closed system with only fluid in the lines. It's not like you have to wait for flow when the pump is on. The fluid starts to flow instantly, regardless of the length, when the hoses cannot expand.
It is a bit puzzling but, if that were the case, why would my front slide need a synchronizing cylinder to balance things between the front and the back cylinders? There's something going on that's not immediately apparent.

I'm glad you agree that azpete should be the next stop.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

The sync cylinder makes sure that the two slide cylinders travel the same amount, otherwise the one with less friction could move past the other one and the slide would be crooked.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Hyd line length

I have been researching the same issue of fittings leaking at the hose to fitting swedge and HWH told me that the only length critical hoses are the lines that run from the equalization cylinders to the slide operators for the room slides all other lines are not length critical
Chmielowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielowiec View Post
I have been researching the same issue of fittings leaking at the hose to fitting swedge and HWH told me that the only length critical hoses are the lines that run from the equalization cylinders to the slide operators for the room slides all other lines are not length critical
That was my assumption as well but I didn't want to mention it in case I was wrong.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Chmielowiec Is there anything you can share about your research that would be of value? I have an '07 and so far been stranded three times due to HWH problems. One time I blew out the back of a solenoid, once a jack sensor that resulted in replacing the entire jack (can't figure that one but it got me working), and just recently the hose blow out. What is next? I am about finished with HWH!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	solenoid.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	171764   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	171765  

Click image for larger version

Name:	broken hose.jpg