Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2006 Journey Slide and HWH problem

I am currently unable to extend my slideouts. I tried starting the coach and that worked for a couple of times but now there is nothing when I try to extend them. Coincincadently my leveling jack will not come down, I get a loud noise from the pump motor but nothing happens! Pleas advise!
Alching1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I had an issue with jacks and I was low on fluid. Have you checked your reservoir to ensure your fluid level is adequate? Wish I could be of more help.
Tom
Old 10-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like fluid level and or leak to me. Good luck.
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I think you are having trouble with one or more solenoids.

Reason: The hydraulic cylinders that operate your HWH slides are TWO way units ... the fluid that is one side of the ram is "pumped" from that side to the other side (when you extend or retract a slide) so there is no change in the level of fluid in the reservoir from extending or retracting a slide.

The jacks are different ... the hydraulic cylinders for jacks are ONE way units. Fluid is pumped from the reservoir into the cylinder to raise the motorhome ... and it flows back into the reservoir when the jacks are stored.

The fact that your jacks will not store suggests that the solenoid that controls the flow of fluid from the jacks to the reservoir is not working.

I am not a tech ... just a guy that grew up around farm machinery with hydraulic cylinders and have had HWH equipment on two motorhomes
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

If you are going to try to fix this you need to arm yourself with some info. Go to the HWH web site and get the bulletins for your system. There is a good one with an explanation of troubleshooting and the lights (leds) on the control board. Skigramp's post was succinct as a system description.
So first Check for oil level. Wipe the dip rod off, put it back in, and if there is any level of hydraulic fluid on it, that's ok for now. Does the pump run? Do the leds on the control board light and change when the DW trys to run out the slides or put down the jacks? Tell us about your system, model and type of control board.
Starsekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

What Starsekr said..
I had solenoid issues early on and downloaded and studied that logic board .pdf closely. Whoever designed it did a pretty good job. There are LED's showing the command, and LED's showing the output of the control relay. It may be a hydraulic issue, but you need to get through the control logic and make sure its doing what it's supposed to. I colored and noted the various LED's on a .pdf and posted it here years ago, but it's rather hard to find on an iPad in an airplane..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Could be the shuttle valve which was our problem when jacks would not go down.

Tags
hwh, journey, slide