Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2006 Journey Keyless Remote Entry System

When I key the remote the lights blink but the entry door does not unlock. The remote unlocks the storage compartment doors fine. Any answers would be appreciated. Thank you. Grant Hachmann
Old 10-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Check and clean the pair of brass buttons on the hinge side of the door that transmit power to the door lock mechanism. A pencil eraser would probably do the job.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Besides the brass buttons, push on the door while you are trying to unlock it. We had problems with our '05 vectra 40fd. I had to clean and lube the door, lock components.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Does the same problem occur with both (I assume you have 2) remote fobs? If the issue is with just one fob, the contacts may just be dirty. Remove the screws and open the remote. Watch for the lock/unlock buttons, as they may fall out of place during this process. VERY CAREFULLY work the circuit board off its mounting pedestal. Use caution here. The hole in the circuit board has a small grommet around it and the pedestal on the remote body comes up through that grommet to hold the board in place. Using a Q-Tip and some rubbing alcohol, clean the contacts on the board but insure you do not touch the contacts once you clean them, and then reassemble. I had the same issue you have, and this cleaning process remedied the problem.
Dan
Pelledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks you everyone who responded. Cleaning the brass buttons did the trick. What a great forum. Grant H
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Great to hear another success story!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Those contacts are perfect candidates for silver plating powder. I have to clean mine several times a year.
Now... Where'd I put the bottle?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

You can get a little tube of anti-oxide at Lowe's or HD in the electrical department. After cleaning put a thin film of this stuff on the contacts. I hope this helps you.

Rick

Tags
journey