Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Can anyone tell me if the 2006 36fd horizon has outlets to plug in appliances on the kitchen counters? And approximately where they are located. Looking at some pictures of one on line and can't see any at all!!

Any owners have any input on anything that is lacking on that coach after using it for awhile? I am in the process of purchasing one and would like to hear from some current owners.

Thanks
nextcom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Can anyone tell me if the 2006 36fd horizon has outlets to plug in appliances on the kitchen counters? And approximately where they are located. Looking at some pictures of one on line and can't see any at all!!

Any owners have any input on anything that is lacking on that coach after using it for awhile? I am in the process of purchasing one and would like to hear from some current owners.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

First, welcome to the forum . You have certainly come to the best RV forum on the net.

I am sure others with the coach you are considering will chime in with answers. The Horizon is a beautiful rig.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I believe you will find one on the wall behind the counter about the middle and a second outlet on the side of the counter close to the lounge area.
Carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Carle, thanks for your reply. Have you been reasonably happy with the quality of your winnebago? having owned several coaches I know its a difficult question, as something seems always to need attention.

Besides the standard issues you have with any coach have you had many other problems? diesel or hydraulic related?

thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Based on my 2005 Vectra 36RD there should be one output just below the countertop on the front face of the cabinet between the stove and the pullout counter/cabinet. There should be another outlet just below the counter top on the aisle by the sink.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, do you plug a toaster in there what about a coffee maker? do you need to have the cords hang over the front of the counter?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We bought a new 2004 Journey 36G in November 2003 with which we have been very satisfied. It now has 35,000 miles with lifetime mileage of 9.1 mpg.

We have experienced almost no warranty issues. The rear slide did spring a hydraulic leak in one of the rams but was fixed very quickly by the dealer. Some small things I fixed myself. It was cheaper than going to the dealer and I can do the work. But they were very few.

We have had no engine problems, no 'house' problems like water leaks (one leak around a clearance light in front due to mismanufacture which I fixed) or furniture breaks or tears, no chassis problems like steering or suspension or brakes.

Some other customers have had problems, some significant, but our coach has given us good service and very comfortable RVing.

Hope this helps.

Carle McFarland, 2004 Journey 36G
Old 06-09-2008, 05:20 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

You can plug a toaster in anywhere near the galley counter. No draping of wires over the edge of the counter. We routinely run the toaster (two slice) and coffee maker (four cup) at the same time without problems. You can monitor the amperage on your EMC display on the central control panel if you are not hooked up to 50 amp shore service.

Carle McFarland, 2004 Journey 36G
Old 06-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

The 36RD was the only 36' Vectra/Horizon floorplan in 2006. The outlets are just under the lip of the countertop, so cords to have to go over the edge to plug in, but that hasn't ever been a problem. With the pullout cabinet/counter, the large countertop to the right of the stove, and the sink area (if you put the left-hand sink cover in place) there's all sorts of choices for where to put the coffeepot, toaster, etc. In addition, at least with our dinette setup, there's another outlet at the dinnette so the table is available as well. I assume the other dining arrangements also will have an outlet over there.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Just to make sure I understand there is no receptacles on the back splash to the right of the stove top anywhere? its a pretty large surface not to have any that is pretty strange you have to drape the cord over the end of the counter!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
doc
Winnebago Owner

The Horizon we sold when we bought this coach had receptacles under the bottom of the wall cabinets. Cabinets were double bottomed.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I don't understood what you mean by double bottom?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nextcom1:
Just to make sure I understand there is no receptacles on the back splash to the right of the stove top anywhere? its a pretty large surface not to have any that is pretty strange you have to drape the cord over the end of the counter! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is correct. The front outlet is convenient to both the fixed countertop and the pull out counter as well. The top picture on page 4 of this brochure 2005 Vectra shows the 36RD kitchen area. You can just see the outlet to the right of the stove. The other outlet by the sink is just outside of the picture. There aren't any cabinets over the counter to the right of the microwave/convection oven.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your replies I appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:39 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Chris,

How do you find the floor plan (useability) when the slides are in? I usually spend overnights and early mornings on the road when traveling long distances. I realize the sink is partially obstructed but looks useable. Remembering not to store anything under the sink I will need is another. What is your experience.

What side is the propoane on? can you put a T on there for a BBQ?

Do you winterize your coach in the winter or go south?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #17
doc
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't understood what you mean by double bottom? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Double bottom is two bottoms in the cabinet. One inside the cabinet that dishes or whatever sits on. The second on the outside of the cabinet, under the bottom, with about an inch to and inch and a hlf space between them. Allows wiring for lights and receptacles etc to be placed w/o interference inside the cabinet.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nextcom1:
...How do you find the floor plan (useability) when the slides are in? I usually spend overnights and early mornings on the road when traveling long distances. I realize the sink is partially obstructed but looks useable. Remembering not to store anything under the sink I will need is another. What is your experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We really like the floorplan. With the slides in most things are still accessible. The doors under the sink are blocked, but there is another door on the aisle for that cabinet that gives you partial access to that cabinet. The glass-faced cabinet over the sink can also be accessed, albeit a bit awkwardly. The slide-out counter/cabinet can be opened enough to allow one of the cabinet doors to be opened. In the bedroom the four drawers on the driver's side as well as the full-length closet are blocked with the wardrobe slide in.

What side is the propoane on? can you put a T on there for a BBQ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The propane is on the driver's side--I don't know how easy/hard it would be to put on a tee.

Do you winterize your coach in the winter or go south? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We winterize it.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Are the kitchen cabinets convenient for storing food? seems like they are all below the counter nothing at standing height?

Where do you guys keep the groceries? The one I am looking at buying has a double refrigerator so the pullout pantry to the right is pretty small, not sure what will fit in it?

Thanks,

nextcom1
Old 06-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

... Are the kitchen cabinets convenient for storing food? seems like they are all below the counter nothing at standing height?

Where do you guys keep the groceries? The one I am looking at buying has a double refrigerator so the pullout pantry to the right is pretty small, not sure what will fit in it? ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have two half-height pullout pantries (which hold a surprising amount) beside the fridge with three large drawers underneath them--I think the double fridge sacrifices the three drawers and has one tall pantry. There's quite a bit of space in the pullout counter/cabinet. There's also space in the cabinet under the sink--we tend to keep things like potatoes and onions there, among other things.

We don't use it for food, but there's also quite a bit of space in the cabinets over the RestEasy sofa as well as lots of space in the basement, of course.