Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2005 Journey Fan Shroud

I have a 2005 Journey . 34H 350 Cat
Have been doing maintence and radiator cleaning ect .
I am not happy with the condition of the fiberglass fan shroud . I called Custom composits who originally made them they had a name change and are no longer making them . I have called Freightliner , searched the web and am having a hard time locating one .
Im told the part number has changed .
The number on mine is 05-82562-000 .
I have repaired a couple cracks on mine . With luck Ill get more use of it .
But rather replace it with new .

I considered checking the used market also with no luck .
Has any one had the need for a replacement or know a direction to point me .
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is it too far gone to use one of those fiberglass repair kits?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

First off I want to thank all for previous and current help !
Scott , If only I had seen an old post of yours
.Diesel, rear radiator owners, check this out - Winnebago Owners Online Community

Well it all started back in the beginning as J S said Although It may have not help in my case .
Those self taping 4 bolts on the bottom would not have ever came out in the first place .
Yes that was the beginning of my concerns . I had to wrestlie them out with a vice grip .
Now I taped treads and added stanless bolts . For ease in the future if needed .
Although there were also two cracks on top . On each side of the hump . Along with rub marks on the aluminum on both sides where the hoses connect .

Hindsite maybe but fiber glass may have been an option . But I got a good lessson in blacksmithing and chose to use thin alumininum and formed a 90 degree brace across the bottom and patch on the top . Also ground a tad of glass to relieve rubbing on the in & out fittings of the air to air .
That led me to search for a new or replacement as the shroud seems very brittle .

That being said I will continue the search for a replacement . Any help on that will be appreciated .
On the flip side , I spent all day today wrestling it all together . Less the expansion tank and a few hoses .

I can only imagine what kind of a nightmare it would have been if it were brought somewhere to get repaired !

Its all been a good lesson . The next time will be a piece of cake.
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, journey