Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Finally ready?

So yesterday I get a phone call from the dealership. "Sir, your motorhome is ready for pickup". Right, I think I've seen this episode before So I start asking question: has the grease been cleaned? Not yet, will happen in the morning before you get here. Did the bathroom doorknob get replaced. Yes. Does the battery compartment door lock/unlock with the key fob? Yes. Ok, I'm thinking, this should be it then.

Today arrives and I go to the dealership. My motorhome is parked out front waiting for me. I speak to the service guy and he is all proud that its finally done....only one problem: he can't find the keys or completed work order. While he's searching behind the counter I glance over and see keys and a work order. My phone number is on the order So I think to myself, should I tell him I found them or let him look a while? Lol. Time was of the essence so I said I think those are them. So I go out to the motorhome and check. Grease is gone, bed works, battery compartment door locks....we're good to go. I thank them and go back out. After a short warm up time I close the entry door and go to lock the deadbolt. The deadbolt is frozen. What the heck?! I open the door and use all my strength to move it. This is not acceptable since it worked when I took it in!!!!! I brought it to their attention....and back into the service bay it goes!! 30-45 mins to fix. No problem, I'll wait. 45 mins later it's back out front with a working deadbolt. Seems somewhere along the way a genius decided to lock the deadbolt then try to slam the door closed!!!!! Well this of course bent the deadbolt bar making it stick. My question is this: IF you do something stupid and do damage, why not tell someone so it can be fixed BEFORE the customer comes to pickup the unit?!?!

Anyway, it's now back at home plugged in and charging. Being at the dealership discharged the batteries cause it wasn't plugged in. This whole experience just proves to me that no one cares about my stuff as much as ME! Overall, the dealership was not too bad to deal with. It could have been a lot worse. Each time I pointed something out, they were very apologetic. So I guess that's good.
Deucenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #42
Winnebago Master

Is the leak fixed?

Deucenut,

In reply #12 I suggest that you check the roof-to-gutter seal, since it may be the cause of rain coming in the upper corner of the windshield area.

I took a quick scan thru this long thread and didn't see a for sure fix yet.

Here's a link to Winnie website where they have a bunch of service bulletins including "Roof to Sidewall Joint Sealing" Link

Let us know how the seal looks on your rig. A lot of folks don't have a clue that this needs routine maintenance until there's a leak or a section of roof blows off.

Good luck,
Bill
Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #43
Winnebago Master

Here's Winnebago's Service Tip on installing the Trik-L-Start: 2006-04 Trik-L-Start. It's a very easy job and it works great!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
Deucenut,

In reply #12 I suggest that you check the roof-to-gutter seal, since it may be the cause of rain coming in the upper corner of the windshield area.

I took a quick scan thru this long thread and didn't see a for sure fix yet.

Here's a link to Winnie website where they have a bunch of service bulletins including "Roof to Sidewall Joint Sealing" Link

Let us know how the seal looks on your rig. A lot of folks don't have a clue that this needs routine maintenance until there's a leak or a section of roof blows off.

Good luck,
Bill
Thanks. I will definitely check that seal too. The dealership said the cause of the leak was a clearance light had a faulty seal. So they fixed it and it appears to have stopped leaking. But I will definitely check the gutter seal as well
Old 01-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Basement doors

I was wondering if the basement doors on the passenger side of the coach under the kitchen slide open up any more than they do now? Currently they open up to be horizontal so I have to bend down and sort of crawl under the door to get anything out of the first few compartments. This is a bit of a pain considering the storage compartments are rather large with a lot of stuff in them. I understand that it might be a safety feature so that when opening the kitchen slide with the compartment door open, the slide won't hit it. Just wondered if there was a catch or release that would allow it to open higher.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

Mine come up beyond horizontal when the slide is in, but is still wish the where hinged in the side. I am quite tall (old, too) and any advantage to allow a closer approach would be welcome.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
Mine come up beyond horizontal when the slide is in, but is still wish the where hinged in the side. I am quite tall (old, too) and any advantage to allow a closer approach would be welcome.
X2.... Mine are this way also.

BTW, when I checked our new to us roof out prior to purchase, I noticed right away that the roof seams were starting to separate so I had them reseal the entire roof for me as part of the deal! Looked like they did a good job too when I picked it up. It rained for two days and no leaks (that I could see anyway)
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucenut View Post
I was wondering if the basement doors on the passenger side of the coach under the kitchen slide open up any more than they do now? Currently they open up to be horizontal so I have to bend down and sort of crawl under the door to get anything out of the first few compartments. This is a bit of a pain considering the storage compartments are rather large with a lot of stuff in them. I understand that it might be a safety feature so that when opening the kitchen slide with the compartment door open, the slide won't hit it. Just wondered if there was a catch or release that would allow it to open higher.

Yes, The go up quite a ways. We have learned to (try to) take things out of those compartments prior to extending the slide. If they are up you do need to lower them prior to extending the slide or you may damage the paint on the doors.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #49
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
Yes, The go up quite a ways. We have learned to (try to) take things out of those compartments prior to extending the slide. If they are up you do need to lower them prior to extending the slide or you may damage the paint on the doors.
Is there a lever or catch that I need to release to get them to go up higher? Because they only go up to horizontal right now whether the slide is in or out....I know the ones on the drivers side go up a ways but the compartments are on the slide.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #50
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucenut View Post
Is there a lever or catch that I need to release to get them to go up higher? Because they only go up to horizontal right now whether the slide is in or out....I know the ones on the drivers side go up a ways but the compartments are on the slide.

On mine there is not a latch - only resistance. If yours is the same then when the compartment is open it stops a couple of inches beneath the slide. When the slide is in I can apply upward pressure on the compartment door and it opens significantly higher. Yours might also work that way. This works on all the doors under that slide ON MINE (on yours I don't know)
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #51

I don't have the answers to any of the questions/problems. But sure is a beautiful rig, so I hope the dealer can get all of the issues solved.
Happy rv'ing!
Irene (and Jim)
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey