Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2004 Winnebago Vectra-Lost AC power to the entire coach

Hello we just replaced our transfer switch as we were told this was the problem. It was not. When we have the generator on or we are plugged into shore power the ac panel shows voltage but we have no power to any of the appliances or the outlets. It happened when we had the microwave going we heard a pop noise and then it all stopped working. The system has been tested and we have power to the fuse box but no power coming into the coach. Has anyone had to replace the module for the electronic management system?? I was told by a service tech that this module would not affect the outlets. Anyone have any advise as we are in Mexico for 10 days and currently have to keep a battery charger on the coach in order to use the 12v system. When the inverter is turned on we can use the tv and microwave but the fridge will not stay on. I am hoping this has happened to someone else that may be able to shed some light for us. Thanks Cindi
Waterlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

hello Waterlover. We had something similar happen to us a few weeks ago. we lost all power (AC) to the coach except the Splendid washer/dryer. we checked the ground fault circuit interrupters and could find no problem. I suspected the inverter as it is supposed to allow AC power to pass through it when plugged in or on generator. we replaced our inverter and all is well. Hope this helps, good luck.
Daniel
DanGlo52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with DANGLO52.

There are fuse in the inverter that might fix the problem, maybe not.

When mine died the transfer relay board was fried.
Replaced with Freedom 458. The control panel does not need to be replaced.

If you are handy around electrics, you can bypass the inverter pass thru by opening the cover and disconnecting the feed and load wire from the inverter and jumping them together.

I found the best price for a new one from IMarine USA
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Same issue on the 12V system

All works perfect when on shore power but the moment I unplug, all is dead?
Old 02-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

May want to check the time delay board in the transfer switch. With the generator running the board should output 12vdc after 90 sec. This voltage pics up the relays to apply power to the coach. You can operate the bypass on the board to test.
Tideslave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, winnebago