Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

You won't hear anything kick on for​ the electric element, And yes, you can use the electric without LPG.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Bedroom slideout

Im having a issue with my 2002 Winnebago journey bedroom slideout, everytime i retracted my slideout by the next day it has popped out about a inch or so. How can i fix that?
Robb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb1 View Post
Im having a issue with my 2002 Winnebago journey bedroom slideout, everytime i retracted my slideout by the next day it has popped out about a inch or so. How can i fix that?
Most likely you have a weak extend valve for the bedroom slide.

If you have not had the coach long, it may help to just cycle the slide room several times to dislodge any trash/goobers that may be in the system. HWH recommends holding down the extend/retract button for 2-3 seconds after the slide has been extended or retracted.

If that doesn't cure the issue, find the bedroom extend solenoid on the manifold under the front slide. Your coach should have 8 solenoids....4 large round solenoids are for your jacks. The four smaller solenoids are for you slides. Winnebago put ID tags on the wires for each solenoid so you should find one labeled 'bedroom extend.' If the extend solenoid is weak, it will let the slide creep out. HWH sells both new and rebuilt solenoids. They are easy to replace....just use a set of channel lock pliers to loosen the old one, remove and screw the new one in. You will lose a bit of hydraulic fluid but not much.

I always kept a spare rebuilt solenoid in my tool box. I had my Journey for 8 years and had to replace two of those slide solenoids during that time.

My current coach has HWH slides and I had one creeping out. Replaced the extend solenoid for that slide and it cured it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:09 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Smlranger, thank you very much! I will check it out. Where can i order the solenoid from?
Old 06-14-2017, 02:09 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

HWH??
Old 06-14-2017, 03:48 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Robb,

Download a HWH, 310 series, owner and service manuals. All the info you will need about your hydraulic system.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Will do thank you!!!
Old 06-15-2017, 05:11 AM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
HWH??
HWH is the manufacturer of the hydraulic jack and slide mechanisms on your coach. They are located in Moscow, Iowa. There is also a company in Indiana (Elkhart I think) called Stuart Services? who also sells HWH parts.

http://hwhcorp.com/

HWH is great but they are seriously understaffed in the tech support area. They have been notoriously hard to reach and you usually have to leave your name and number and wait days for a call back. I am told Stuart Services is much more responsive for ordering parts.

http://www.rvleveling.com/
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:23 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Ok thank you!
Old 09-20-2017, 04:58 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

I agree on mpg. Our 2002 Journey DL 36GD gets about 9.8 on average flat land and mountain driving at 65 mph.
limandlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

The Little Speaker in the left side of your dash console is for the microphone in the rear vision camera. With the volume up on the small TV screen that shows the picture of what's going on behind you- you should be able to hear some engine noise and MAYBE a person behind you talking...
Jeffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Jump starting rv

I have a 2002 Winnebago Journey 36 foot diesel I'm wondering do I jumpstart this just like a regular vehicle I hook up to the 12volt batteries is that correct
Old 01-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Jump starting rv

How do I jumpstart my 2002 Winnebago Journey diesel
Old 01-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #34
Winnebago Master

Quote:
How do I jumpstart my 2002 Winnebago Journey diesel
On ours we pull the battery rack out and there are two main posts, on pos, one neg. that you merely put the cables on. They are separate from all the cables.

Have you tried the boost switch on the dash? It ties all the batteries together for starting if the batteries get low.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Running extension cord from home to rv

Can i run an extension cord from home to my rv so i can turn my refrigerator on? I tried it with a regular extension cord but doesn't turn on my refrigerator. I heard i need a 10 gauge cord? ANY RECOMMENDATIONS? THANK YOU...
Old 02-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #36
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Can i run an extension cord from home to my rv so i can turn my refrigerator on? I tried it with a regular extension cord but doesn't turn on my refrigerator. I heard i need a 10 gauge cord? ANY RECOMMENDATIONS? THANK YOU...
What you were missing probably was 12 volt to power the circuitry for the refer. You need both 12 volt and 120 volt to run the refer.

Have you disconnected the RVs batteries? Are you only powering the refer? Using it's AC power cord in the vent space?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
What you were missing probably was 12 volt to power the circuitry for the refer. You need both 12 volt and 120 volt to run the refer.

Have you disconnected the RVs batteries? Are you only powering the refer? Using it's AC power cord in the vent space?
I had connected the extension cord awhile back and my refrigerator turned on I then tried recently to hook it up again and turn on my refrigerator but it doesn't turn on I checked all my fuses everything is good. I can turn it on if i turn my generator on or if i turn on the house batteries
Old 02-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #38
Winnebago Master

First, get yourself a DVM, under $10 at most stores. Before plugging the RV into the extension cord, measure the voltage on the batteries. Make note of the voltages. Now plug into the extension cord again, and remeasure. Did the voltage increase to around 13 Volt? Good, that means your converter is working to keep your batteries charged and to supply your refer with 12 volts.

Measure the AC voltage at any outlet in the house while you're plugged into the extension cord. It needs to be 108 Vac or greater. If it's less, the extension cord is likely too small of wire gauge and you need to get a contractors size.

Remeasure the AC voltage at any outlet several times during the day, to be sure it doesn't dip too low because of some load you don't remember kicks on (a heater behind a chair for instance).

If the refer still doesn't come on, measure the voltage in the back of the refer inside that access cover on the outside of the RV. You should find 120 Vac and 12 Vdc out there. Your model refer will have a users guide with the places you can measuring shown, but the AC voltage is a standard outlet so it's obvious. If the voltage is missing, then look for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.

If there IS voltage to the refer, but the eyebrow doesn't light up, than there either is a fuse ON the control board for the refer, or the board is dead.

Come back and post what you find.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #39
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I had connected the extension cord awhile back and my refrigerator turned on I then tried recently to hook it up again and turn on my refrigerator but it doesn't turn on I checked all my fuses everything is good. I can turn it on if i turn my generator on or if i turn on the house batteries
Your fridge needs BOTH 12V DC for the electronic controls and 120V AC for the heating element (which ends up cooling the fridge). It won't work with the House batteries turned off!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:31 AM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Your fridge needs BOTH 12V DC for the electronic controls and 120V AC for the heating element (which ends up cooling the fridge). It won't work with the House batteries turned off!
Ok got it, thank you very much!! Thanks for the clarification!!!

Tags
winnebago, journey