Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I own a 2000 Adventurer that over the past 2 to 3 years the exterior walls have begun to pot. meaning that small holes have just suddenly appeared (like someone had taken a BB gun to the sides of the motor home). I have contacted Winnebago and they acknowledged that they did have a problem with exterior of the Adventuer model from 2000 to 2002. BUT ..... they advised me that they would not take responsibility for it.
Would there be other owners of Adventurer's who have the same problem, who would be willing to group together in an effort to resolve this problem with Winnebago?
Jayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have friends with an 01 Adventurer that had the pocking problem. After trying to discuss it with Winnebago and the company that made the fiberglass sides they went with their insurance company. The entire drivers side fiberglass was replaced. Looks great.

Based on the cost they could have had the entire coach sanded, prepped and full body painted. Would that have been a good thing? Who knows.

Both Winnebago and the fiberglass company admited that there was a bad run of fiberglass in the time frame you're talking about. But both basically said tough cookies.

Now with the tough financial times there is probably no way either will step up and help.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

My coach is having that trouble on the rear panel of the coach. Around the heater acess. So far not the side walls at all. Hope it stays that way.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We have not noticed this on our coach, and I hope that we don't. We'll keep a watch out regarding any potting/pocking and let you know if a problem does develop. Ours looks so nice; I'd sure hate to see that happen.

~Lori
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Doula:
We have not noticed this on our coach, and I hope that we don't. We'll keep a watch out regarding any potting/pocking and let you know if a problem does develop. Ours looks so nice right now; I'd sure hate to see that happen.

~Lori
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have a 2001 Itasca SunCruiser and I have gone through the pocking. They repaired it(in a body shop), the first time. Did not hold, came back big time. Finally Winnebago had me bring it to the factory and replaced all of the sidewalls right down to the belt line. Their expense except for travel. They have a deal with the sidewall manufacturer who shares in the cost of replacing. It was defective wall material. The job was done so beautifully the coach actually looks better now than the day I bought it new. Not a scratch or spec of dirt left anywhere on the coach. Send pictures of your damage, coach Ident # and sufficient back up to the Tech dept at Winnie. Mine was redone in April 2008. This is why I will always own Winnies.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi, Jayess.
If you'll look at my post on this site (Posted December 13, 2008 11:34 AM), you'll see a little more discussion. Yes, I have the same problem. Was waiting 'til I got off the winter trip to contact W.
Will post response afterwards.
G L Arnold
Old 02-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Sorry about my duplicate post, everyone. I just revisited this thread and saw that my post duplicated itself along with a quote. I do not remember doing that, but I guess I must have. Weird... I'd delete the extra one, but you know I can't.

~Lori