Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
The manufacturer's suggested MSRP for the 2008 Itasca Latitude IPM39W is: $166,628.00 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's interesting. Was this for the GM 8.1L gas equipped UFO? Maybe a little too high as the '08 Latitude will be competing directly with entry level DPs! There are quite a few DPs w/full air systems whose MSRP's fall well below the '08 Latitude IPM39W. Coachmen Cross Country, Mandalay Valencia, HR Neptune/Monaco Cayman all equipped with Cummins ISB. Even the Safari Simba RD with CAT C7 330HP starting at $150k.

Also consider that Cummins announced they will offer the new '07 6.7L ISB XT version for motorhome use beginning the first of the year - rated at 350HP and 750ft-lbs torque. This engine would require an upgrade to the Allison 3000 series 6-speed to handle the rated torque. It's quite likely that this combo will be the new standard in entry level DPs, and IMO still at a price level at or below the Latitude's.

Given the announced MSRP of the '08 Latitude, I'd personally opt for an entry level DP instead. Hopefully, manufacturers choosing to build on the UFO chassis, will offer this new chassis on some less expensive models. Forest River has indicated they will offer the UFO on their entry level Georgetown model, the SE line. I would seriously be interested in being among the first to own a UFO chassis based coach. But not at the price points I've seen so far! JMHO.
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to ask this stupid question....haven't read if there is a driver-side slideout? Can't tell from DriVer's pics if the TV is part of a slide or not.

Rose
Old 12-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #23
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RRT2:
Sorry to ask this stupid question....haven't read if there is a driver-side slideout? Can't tell from DriVer's pics if the TV is part of a slide or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Rose, Yes there is a driver's side slideout and it's about the same size as most other Winnebago Adventurer "type" slideouts. The SO contains a couch and a dinette.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #24
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Explore America:
That's interesting. Was this for the GM 8.1L gas equipped UFO? Maybe a little too high as the '08 Latitude will be competing directly with entry level DPs! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It will be an interesting shopping trip. Will the customer see a UFO Latitude as an entry level coach or something else - which it is. The product line seems to be positioned as the 1st tier Class A rear engine product but I think the coach itself is a bit different than the other product lines.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There are quite a few DPs w/full air systems whose MSRP's fall well below the '08 Latitude IPM39W. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That may very well be but I'm positive that the WGO bean counters priced this thing where it should be. Fact is maybe it's priced higher but there isn't anything like it on the market to compare it to. Jon Krider from Four Winds told me as much in that he said there are RDP products in his line that are priced below the UFO.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also consider that Cummins announced they will offer the new '07 6.7L ISB XT version for motorhome use beginning the first of the year - rated at 350HP and 750ft-lbs torque. This engine would require an upgrade to the Allison 3000 series 6-speed to handle the rated torque. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That may very well be however the Workhorse UFO will feature the very same engine in the 1st quarter of 07. I have not heard if an Allison 3000MH will be required. Right now I believe that a "Series 2000" transmission will do the job.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Forest River has indicated they will offer the UFO on their entry level Georgetown model, the SE line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have already written about this in my article contained on the front page of the website in the iRV2 Newsroom Blog, go and check it out.

Very good thoughtful post by the way, keep it coming!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote