Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

The DW and I are looking at the '09 Adventurer 35Z with bunkbeds for the "grands" and are wanting to know if anyone has experience yet with this unit. Have looked at the Sightseer 35J but prefer the Adventurer series based on what we have seen.

Any information would be appreciated.

Austin
Old 02-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
The DW and I are looking at the '09 Adventurer 35Z with bunkbeds for the "grands" and are wanting to know if anyone has experience yet with this unit. Have looked at the Sightseer 35J but prefer the Adventurer series based on what we have seen.

Any information would be appreciated.

Austin
Bunk decision depends on how much time Grands are going to be with you...Will sleeper couch do...or sleep bags on floor?

Bunks really limit resale-trade..unless you and DW intend to personally use later too..
Old 02-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I agree with Pubtym about resale value and sleeping bags. Our Gkids prefer the sleeping bags on the floor or on the sleeper sofa. More like camping out . . . after the color TV is rurned off!
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #4

I agree with Pubtym about the bunk beds. We have grandkids too and they are just happy to go with us (when we take them) than where they sleep! Remember, depending on their ages, they may NOT want to go with you once they get to "that age". I would say the bunks are great for couples that have young children, but I would not buy an RV to accommodate the grandkids.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I agree with all those above. The GD kids will be happy just going with. Get what works best for you.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Words of wisdom. We have 4 gkids ages ranging from 15 to 2 1/2 and they all love to sleep up front. That way they can watch TV and play together all the time.

Good luck
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the information but the reason we are looking at the '09 Adventurer 35Z is that the upper bunk folds up and gives us much more additional storage, not just for the grandkids. Each bunk has it's own DVD player also for entertainment. Right now all four "grands" are under six yrs old.

Also we have slept as many as eight in our current Winnebago 29B Outlook class C, most of them adults. We like having the extra beds if needed.

Again, I hope to hear from someone who has one of these and can give me their input about this particular unit.

Thanks,

Austin
Old 02-09-2009, 01:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Thanks for all the information but the reason we are looking at the '09 Adventurer 35Z is that the upper bunk folds up and gives us much more additional storage, not just for the grandkids. Each bunk has it's own DVD player also for entertainment. Right now all four "grands" are under six yrs old.

Also we have slept as many as eight in our current Winnebago 29B Outlook class C, most of them adults. We like having the extra beds if needed.

Again, I hope to hear from someone who has one of these and can give me their input about this particular unit.

Thanks,

Austin
This one tempted me also due to the ability to fold down the bunks and easily convert the bunk area to a closet with a hanging rod.