Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

07 Journey Headlight Replacement

The left headlight on my Journey has lost its seal and has moisture inside the lens. Does anyone know which automobile manufacturer made this headlight assembly so I can buy a replacement?

Thanks!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Not sure of the manufacturer, think this is aftermarket, but found on ebay...

Winnebago Journey 2004 2005 2006 2007 Left Driver Head Light Lamp Headlight RV | eBay
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

DEPO 332-1160L. It is a Pontiac Grand AM headlight assembly, vintage 2002. Shop around, they go from the mid $20's to well over $120.

Let us know how the replacement went after you have it done. I've been wondering if the headlight assembly can be easily removed for bulb replacement rather than going through all the contortions some have reported in replacing a bulb. I recently replaced a turn signal bulb in a Chevrolet Cobalt and the owners manual talks you through removing the complete headlight assembly in order to replace the bulb - thus the curiosity on removing the light assembly in the Journey.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Has anyone removed the headlight assembly? If so, how?
rloechel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

There are two "L" brackets glued to the front cap that hold each headlamp in place. Each bracket has two fasteners that secure the headlamp to the bracket. So that's 4 fasteners per headlamp. The inner set of fasteners are accessed through the "hood" opening and tools required will be a 3/8 ratchet with a very long extension, a universal joint, and a 3/8 (I think) deep well socket. The outer set of fasteners are accessed from in front of the front tire. You need to be a bit of a contortionist and have the patients of Job(e) to change one of those lamps. The same service is required to replace the bulb as well. There isn't enough clearance between the rear of the lamp and a support frame behind it, to extract the bulb, so the whole enchilada has to be removed and reinstalled.

Dan
Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Here's a link to those lights on Amazon: DEPO 332-1160L-AS.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelledan View Post
There are two "L" brackets glued to the front cap that hold each headlamp in place. Each bracket has two fasteners that secure the headlamp to the bracket. So that's 4 fasteners per headlamp. The inner set of fasteners are accessed through the "hood" opening and tools required will be a 3/8 ratchet with a very long extension, a universal joint, and a 3/8 (I think) deep well socket. The outer set of fasteners are accessed from in front of the front tire. You need to be a bit of a contortionist and have the patients of Job(e) to change one of those lamps. The same service is required to replace the bulb as well. There isn't enough clearance between the rear of the lamp and a support frame behind it, to extract the bulb, so the whole enchilada has to be removed and reinstalled.

Dan
Tks Dan. Very helpful! Think I will let the contortionists deal with this job.

Rodger
rloechel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, journey, light, replace, replacement