Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

'06 Meridian 36G, where MMDC & Security Mod?

Gents,
I'm trying to locate the MMDC and the Security module on a friends '06, Meridian 36G with the 350 CAT. On ours, an '04 Horizon, 36GD, with the 330 CAT, they're both located in the lower left front compartment, just in front of the left front tire. But, he's got no wiring in that compartment at all. I'm assuming it's in or under the dash some place, any help would be appreciated.

I've checked ALL the wiring diagrams in the one section and, there's nothing that shows those components. I used to have it for mine but, I thought I had it saved but, can't find it. My Smart Wheel command module is located in the same compartment on mine too. Sure would like to have that layout too. Thanks for whatever help anyone can send.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Gents,
I'm trying to locate the MMDC and the Security module on a friends '06, Meridian 36G with the 350 CAT. On ours, an '04 Horizon, 36GD, with the 330 CAT, they're both located in the lower left front compartment, just in front of the left front tire. But, he's got no wiring in that compartment at all. I'm assuming it's in or under the dash some place, any help would be appreciated.

I've checked ALL the wiring diagrams in the one section and, there's nothing that shows those components. I used to have it for mine but, I thought I had it saved but, can't find it. My Smart Wheel command module is located in the same compartment on mine too. Sure would like to have that layout too. Thanks for whatever help anyone can send.
Scott

Hey Scott,

I just got home from San Diego visiting my brother in law in Carlsbad and decided that I needed to open up my dash cover to check the wiring going to the backup monitor. Lately the monitor picture has started to get kinda jumpy, so I figured I'd start there. When I came in the house and went online I saw your post, so figured I would go back out and take a few pictures behind the dash.

One picture shows the Remote Security Module for the door locks. I've got some Velcro on top of the lettering but I'm sure you know what it is. The other pictures just show the wiring and other modules. I'm not sure what the MMDC Module even looks like so you would probably know if you saw it.

My coach is a 2006 Winnebago Journey 36G, so it "SHOULD" be the same as your friends Meridian.

Hope you and your wife and Sophie are doing well,
Steve
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Hey Scott,

I just got home from San Diego visiting my brother in law in Carlsbad and decided that I needed to open up my dash cover to check the wiring going to the backup monitor. Lately the monitor picture has started to get kinda jumpy, so I figured I'd start there. When I came in the house and went online I saw your post, so figured I would go back out and take a few pictures behind the dash.

One picture shows the Remote Security Module for the door locks. I've got some Velcro on top of the lettering but I'm sure you know what it is. The other pictures just show the wiring and other modules. I'm not sure what the MMDC Module even looks like so you would probably know if you saw it.

My coach is a 2006 Winnebago Journey 36G, so it "SHOULD" be the same as your friends Meridian.

Hope you and your wife and Sophie are doing well,
Steve
Hey Sammie,
How the heck are ya? We're all doing just fine. Of course you know we've moved to Lake Havasu City don't you? A bit "warm" over there right now but, we're tolerating it just fine. The Sophie kid is also doing just fine. She misses here big lawn to romp and run around on but, I sure as heck don't miss "MOWING AND WATERING IT"!!! Things are progressing nicely and the house is really coming around to a "Home".

Anyway, thanks a heap for the pictures. That helps immensely in the search. The MMDC is a small computer, about 7" x 7" x about 1" thick and has a 21 pin connector and a 5 pin too, I think. It's also got the Red and Green air lines going to it to. So, if you've seen that kind of mechanism that matches that description, let me know will you. Hope yours and your little Sophie kid are also doing fine. Thanks again.
Scott
Old 06-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Scott, I went out and took another hard look around, under and outside under the front hood. The only thing I could find that even comes close is a blue colored aluminum lighting control module with a freightliner part number on it. It's zip tied directly under the dash just above the steering column. Has two pin plugs with about 9 wires each.

Sorry I can't help more but my Sophie has got her nose in my face while I'm laying on the floor of the motorhome.

Steve
Old 06-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Gents,
I'm trying to locate the MMDC and the Security module on a friends '06, Meridian 36G with the 350 CAT. On ours, an '04 Horizon, 36GD, with the 330 CAT, they're both located in the lower left front compartment, just in front of the left front tire. But, he's got no wiring in that compartment at all. I'm assuming it's in or under the dash some place, any help would be appreciated. ...
Scott
Page 5 of the Front End Wiring Installation for the '06 Meridian 36G shows the location of both the security module (C-6 on the diagram) and the MMDC (C-3 on the diagram).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Scott, I went out and took another hard look around, under and outside under the front hood. The only thing I could find that even comes close is a blue colored aluminum lighting control module with a freightliner part number on it. It's zip tied directly under the dash just above the steering column. Has two pin plugs with about 9 wires each.

Sorry I can't help more but my Sophie has got her nose in my face while I'm laying on the floor of the motorhome.

Steve
Steve,
Thanks for your effort to help here. Those darn "Sophies" do get in the way don't they?
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Page 5 of the Front End Wiring Installation for the '06 Meridian 36G shows the location of both the security module (C-6 on the diagram) and the MMDC (C-3 on the diagram).
Chris,
I was hoping you'd come through on this. My sincere appreciation to you on this matter. Now, I can help him with some of the questions he has for me and, I can explain things better to him. Great!
Scott
Old 06-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Scott, Chris wins the prize! I just went out and looked under the dash again without a dog in my face (Sophie's snoozing on the couch right now) and low and behold there it is looking me right in the face. The MMDC Module as you described it is behind the steering column attached to the firewall at floor level. Now I feel like I learned something today.

Thanks Chris and Scott,
Steve
Old 06-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

MMDC Module

Here it is! It's amazing what you can see without a dog in your face.

Steve