Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Two questions:

1) Is there a seperate fuse for the in dash lighter plug? Mine is dead and I can not find a blown fuse in the front fuse panel. Everything else works in the dash.

2) The two prongs in the trailer plug for right and left turn signal/stop light are dead. Everything else is alive and works (ground/ tail lights/ back up lights) I can hear the control unit for the plug klick in the left rear storage compartment. Do they have a seperate fuse, or do these units go bad ? Its a new Motor Home first time I hooked up my trailer and verified that all connections on the trailer work and are connected right.

I would hate to have to go to the local dealer for that (Holiday World in Houston West) but thats a different topic...

Anyone out there that had the same or similar issues?

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Two questions:

1) Is there a seperate fuse for the in dash lighter plug? Mine is dead and I can not find a blown fuse in the front fuse panel. Everything else works in the dash.

2) The two prongs in the trailer plug for right and left turn signal/stop light are dead. Everything else is alive and works (ground/ tail lights/ back up lights) I can hear the control unit for the plug klick in the left rear storage compartment. Do they have a seperate fuse, or do these units go bad ? Its a new Motor Home first time I hooked up my trailer and verified that all connections on the trailer work and are connected right.

I would hate to have to go to the local dealer for that (Holiday World in Houston West) but thats a different topic...

Anyone out there that had the same or similar issues?

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had a non working right turn signal after taking delivery. Blown fuse was located on forward bulk head in engine comparpment accessible by removing metal panel under the bed. Not easy to get at!
kellysrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have had both problems. I found the wire on the dash lighter fell off. I had to remove the back cover from the dash to get to it.
I found the fuse for the turn signal in the front end behind a panel labeel relays and fuses.

Good Luck

2003 Journey DL 36GD
Tom Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Any way we can be more specific on the fuse location?

I checked every fuse in the panel regardless of how they are labled, but nothing that sound like it would be related to the trailer plug. Also every fuse checks out ok.

The fuses I looked at are behind the rectangular metal panel with the 4 quick relase fasteners located behind the front hood (acsess panel)Is there a different fuse location that I am missing???

Thanks for any hints !
Old 08-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Your 05 Journey maybe different than my 03.
But..........Here is what I did.

I am not sure how the fuse was labeled. I used a volt/ohm meter to find the one that was bad.
I think if I remember right it was one of the red mini fuses located on the top right of the fuse panel. If you pull the fuse you can normally see if it is bad. The little horseshoe shaped wire in the fuse is broken.

Good Luck

2003 Journey DL 36GD
Tom Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

No bad fuses in the front. I just called Winnebago technical. There are suppossed to be fuses that control the trailer plug at the rearmost driverside storage compartment. Behind a panel that I do not remember seeing. Problem is the coach is in Texas and I work during the week in Florida.

These fuse are not mentioned in the manuals I have seen.

Has anyone been in this area and looked for and found fuses?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Wolfgang,

I solved my problem and saw your request for help. Reading your initial you were SO close with your question about a separate fuse block in the "rear storage compartment". I had actaully looked in that area but without any supporting wiring diagrams was fearful of monkeying with it.

Anyway, see my trailer plug fuses thread for the details which I believe you will find obvious after the fact. I know I did a Homer "DOH" when I figured it out.

By the way, the suggestion of using an ohm meter to test the viability of the fuses is a good one. Just set to buzz for short and ground one end and test each side of the fuse as it sits in the fuse block. As soon as you have one where both sides don't buzz then you found the blown fuse.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks!
After your message, my observations, and talking to Winne's tech support I am confident that I will find fuses at the left rear storage compartment. Thanks again!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Wolfgang,

As mentioned above, I also found the wire pulled off the back of the dash lighter. The wiring harness is just barely long enough to reach. It doesn't take much movement of the harness to pull the wires off the lighter. Take the back off the instrument panel, lift the harness a little and tie it off to something solid for support.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:00 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Tom,

Thanks for the heads up.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:46 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the help! The place is a great resource.

Wolfgang