Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

02, 32T Journey trailer fuse box location

Can't find the fuse box for the trailer (tow) lights plug. Winnebago and Freightliner are no help. I've also searched but no help.

Please Note: Responses only about 02, 32T Journey. I've read about other size Journeys but the 32T is different. I'll only get confused if other models are mentioned.

Pics would be great. Thanks ahead of time.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles tuit View Post
Can't find the fuse box for the trailer (tow) lights plug. Winnebago and Freightliner are no help. I've also searched but no help.

Please Note: Responses only about 02, 32T Journey. I've read about other size Journeys but the 32T is different. I'll only get confused if other models are mentioned.

Pics would be great. Thanks ahead of time.
Charles,
If your coach is on a Freightliner chassis, and, it's a Winnebago, you still would have a totally separate fuse box for your 7-pin trailer connector on the back of the coach. Those fuse blocks are located in different places, on different Winnes and Itascas and different lengths.

Normally, in a coach like yours, it "should" be located in the shore power compartment, either on the back wall or, behind a tin panel, on the right side of that compartment. Sometimes you can't see it due to it's hidden behind that panel. On our coach, it's in a totally different spot and, I've not heard of being in the same spot in many other coaches, either Winne or Itascas. Ours is in the far left rear corner of the coach, behind the leuvered rear panel.

So, maybe some of this info will help you find it.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Just Trying to Help

Charlie-

A look on Winnebago's wiring diagram site says the Journey/Journey DL came in these models in 2002:
To help those of us who don't have Journeys, but who would like to help (now or in the future), could you briefly explain how 32T is different than other Journeys of the same vintage? Also, would the same hold true for any corresponding Itasca models?
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
aa1ssradio

Journey's generally don't have fuses. They have the resettable breakers for the 12 volt circuits. Our journey has them in the front in the compartment under the driver seat and the rear most compartment on the drivers side. Also is it possible you have the signal light combiner box for the tow vehicle. That could be the issue. It was on one of my winnebago's

Correction . . . They have one fuse block in the frontmost storage compartment.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

charles tuit, We had a 03 Journey 36LD and I just looked at the wiring diagram for your coach and the tail lights/trailer plug are wired the same.
From the factory the coach came with a 6 pin round trailer connector and the brake lamps and the turn signal lamps are separate. The trailer plug is spliced into the rear lights and there is not separate fuses for the trailer plug.
If the trailer plug has been changed out look for a 3 wire to 2 wire converter.
Do the tail lights work?
The fuses for the tail lights and turn signals are in the fuse box under the front hood on the drivers side.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

1st thanks to all that replied.
My trailer lights work but upon reading this forum (sometimes I think I read to much) I discovered that some Journeys had a separate fuse box for the trailer light plug. I thought I'd better find mine in case I blow a fuse on the road.
I first checked the Winnebago wiring diagrams and it shows that the trailer plug is wired directly into the rear tail/brake lights with no fuse.
So: I called Freightliner and they said the started adding the trailer plug in 06 so Winnebago must have wired it. I then called Winnebago and they could not find a separate fuse box. The main fuse panel under the front hood has the fuses for the tail/brake/running lights. I don't want to hook up everything and pull a fuse to see if the main Freightliner fuse panel protects the trailer plug. I'm to lazy and I am of the "let sleeping dogs lie/if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality. I am just going to assume their is no separate fuse fuse box UNTIL a owner of a 02, 32T says he found it.
Thanks to all again.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Charles,

I have a problem with my trailer lights that I have to fix. Taillights/brakelights work on my toad along with the left turn signal. My problem is the right turn signal on the toad. Coach right turn signal still works fine. Had a wiring problem with a previous toad that apparently caused an issue. I suspect that the converter that takes the separate turn signal brake light wires and combines them into one is the problem for the right turn signal. Not sure where it is located but will let you know when/if I find it. I too read about the fuse for the trailer connector but did not find it.

Regards,
Craig
Old 05-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Craig,
If your coach turn signal is working I'd check for a signal at the plug next to your trailer/toad hitch. Might be a bad connection at the plug. If you get a good signal there then check the plug connection from the towed.

Good luck
Old 05-21-2016, 04:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Charlie,

I don't have a signal at the connector on the coach. Has to be between the connector and the turn signal wiring. I just have to find time to troubleshoot.

Craig

Tags
cat, fuse, fuse box, journey